XFL Opening Weekend, Matchups and where to watch.

MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

A few years back I posted on here an idea for kickoffs in the NFL, it was litterally identical to what the xfl is doing on kickoffs. I don't wanna say they stole my idea, but they stole my idea. I wish I could find that post 

It was a brilliant idea!  Better than eliminating them altogether. 

On 2/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, Jauronimo said:

The big question to me is what is the goal? Whats the end game for the XFL?  

The first go round the XFL was a response to the NFL's actions to make the game less violent, eliminate celebrations, and a move away from controversial rule changes.  this time around the value prop seems to be different rules and a 2 hour game.  The current iteration of the XFL offers solutions to non-existent problems.  Of all the NFL rules, no one gives a ***** about the PAT.  No one is asking for 2 forward passes.  No one is asking for shorter time spent in front of the TV and less time at a bar away from their wife and kids.  

So less talent, teams with no history, and slightly different rules?  Sign me up. 

They aren't even attempting to lure players away from the NFL so I doubt the long-term plan is to compete.  Is this purely a financial play to bank on insatiable demand for football 12 months a year?  I would think best case scenario is they get adopted as the NFL development league or farm system.  What am I missing?

end game for anything mcmahon does is to make money for mcmahon. Ideally, make money and earn accolades along with it. 

best way to do that you already alluded to - become a viable “G League” for the NFL that people will watch and strike up the consequent partnerships with the NFL. You ain’t missing anything.

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This league is already 100% better than the aaf

i think the XFL will be considered a success if they get through the season and have a championship game.  Seems like each team will have a core of good fans in their local areas

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

end game for anything mcmahon does is to make money for mcmahon. Ideally, make money and earn accolades along with it. 

best way to do that you already alluded to - become a viable “G League” for the NFL that people will watch and strike up the consequent partnerships with the NFL. You ain’t missing anything.

Looking way down the road, it'd be awesome to have a football league that I coukd look forward too as much or almost as much as the NFL. Having football on until April would be awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Also, kinda petty but I really like the Seattle helmets with the dragon on there. Looks pretty cool 

Kinda liking the NY Guardians and Dallas Renegades Logos.

Might have to rock a Guardians shirt.

Image result for xfl team logos

XFL_-_NY_Guardians_-_Logo_Yth_Tee-IMG_20

Edited by Real McNasty