Has anyone bothered to take a second look at the WCPG against Houston?

njbuff

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And that has exactly what to do with how close the Bills are to beating good teams?

You’re already a fair distance away from your original statement 

You need to score points to beat good teams, the Bills can't score points and won't be able to hang against good teams. The Bills were 1-6 against teams that finished with winning records and that one win came in the last game Mariota finished. 

Just now, uticaclub said:

You need to score points to beat good teams, the Bills can't score points and won't be able to hang against good teams. The Bills were 1-6 against teams that finished with winning records and that one win came in the last game Mariota finished. 

And what was the margin of defeat in each of those losses?

Yeah, you’re continuing to shift the argument.

36 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

2nd best in the conference? We were barely 2nd best in our division.

Just saying for future results

I suffered fools telling me the loser of those Peyton/Brady playoff games was automatically a choke artist, not necessarily as one had to lose that day 

35 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And what was the margin of defeat in each of those losses?

Yeah, you’re continuing to shift the argument.

What was our margin of victory against the bad team's? I've stayed consistent you the one being a shifty mcshifterson

6 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

What was our margin of victory against the bad team's? I've stayed consistent you the one being a shifty mcshifterson

Hardly.

To recap here: you claimed that the WC game somehow proved that Buffalo wasn’t close to beating a good team. 

I pointed out that they could’ve won by making any of a dozen plays—by any sane person’s definition, that’s bloody close.

You then decided that they somehow weren’t close because they only scored 16 points, which makes no sense since they did indeed come close to winning.

When challenged on that point, you decided to point out their record against winning teams...as though it proves that they aren’t close to beating any of them despite the fact that each of those losses (of which there were only 5 on the year including the playoff game by the way) save Philly was a one-score game.

So once again I’ll say, as I have consistently since my first response to you: yes, the team is quite close to being able to beat good teams.

Now, I’ll kindly ask you to stay consistent and show me why you believe that either the Houston game (or any other loss this year) indicates that they aren’t close to being able to beat good teams.

Thanks in advance.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:12 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

They lost and they need to hurt so that next year they are mentally prepared. That is the only positive I take out of this game..... a learning experience for a young team.

There is no reason to suffer anymore than I need to. New season = SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

That's my thought, too. Very similar to the Cleveland loss in '89 that rallied the team. I hope that they all remember the feeling after the game. I know I did, walking down the ramps at NRG Stadium and listening to all the Texan's fans go crazy knowing that I should have been hearing/singing the "Shout" Song all the way down.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Hardly.

To recap here: you claimed that the WC game somehow proved that Buffalo wasn’t close to beating a good team. 

I pointed out that they could’ve won by making any of a dozen plays—by any sane person’s definition, that’s bloody close.

You then decided that they somehow weren’t close because they only scored 16 points, which makes no sense since they did indeed come close to winning.

When challenged on that point, you decided to point out their record against winning teams...as though it proves that they aren’t close to beating any of them despite the fact that each of those losses (of which there were only 5 on the year including the playoff game by the way) save Philly was a one-score game.

So once again I’ll say, as I have consistently since my first response to you: yes, the team is quite close to being able to beat good teams.

Now, I’ll kindly ask you to stay consistent and show me why you believe that either the Houston game (or any other loss this year) indicates that they aren’t close to being able to beat good teams.

Thanks in advance.

NE x2, Baltimore, Philly, Houston were the best teams we played last year and all had the same results. Game looked like it was close for a while, but the same thing happened, the bad team lost and the better team won. Every team we beat has changed their coach and/or QB, you need to beat quality teams to be a good team & we haven’t proven we can beat a quality opponent. Games are close in the NFL, the Bills have lost by small margins of victories for years. Super Bowl 25 we lost by one point, how close were the next 3 Super Bowls. We were “close” to winning the Super Bowl then? My point is you are never “close” to beating a good team, you either do or you don’t. Games in the NFL are usually close, that’s why 7+ point spreads are rare. If a coach has a game plan that will guarantee a 1 point margin of victory they will go with that everytime. 

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

NE x2, Baltimore, Philly, Houston were the best teams we played last year and all had the same results. Game looked like it was close for a while, but the same thing happened, the bad team lost and the better team won. Every team we beat has changed their coach and/or QB, you need to beat quality teams to be a good team & we haven’t proven we can beat a quality opponent. Games are close in the NFL, the Bills have lost by small margins of victories for years. Super Bowl 25 we lost by one point, how close were the next 3 Super Bowls. We were “close” to winning the Super Bowl then? My point is you are never “close” to beating a good team, you either do or you don’t. Games in the NFL are usually close, that’s why 7+ point spreads are rare. If a coach has a game plan that will guarantee a 1 point margin of victory they will go with that everytime. 

Brutal straw man argument.

If the answer is that the “good” team always wins and the “bad” team always loses, then who’s the better team: KC or Houston?

You're the person that claimed that the team isn’t close. Apparently what you really mean is that they didn’t win (since by your description of events a team is either good and wins or is bad and isn’t close regardless of the score or flow of the game).

On 2/7/2020 at 11:33 AM, Mark Vader said:

It's in the past, move on.

We have a lot to look forward to this off season. GO BILLS!!!

I had the game recorded on the DVR.

I had not watched the game a second time and was carefully saving the game for future viewing.

A few days ago I saw I was at 95% capacity and needed to delete some stuff.

After a brief debate, I deleted the playoff game.

No real need to see it again and I know who won and who lost.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:44 AM, thebandit27 said:

I watched it several times.

There are about 10 different critical plays that the Bills easily could’ve made, and didn’t, that resulted in that loss. Just off the top of my head:

- Smoke drags his foot on a 3rd down sideline pass and we’ve got 1st and goal at the 3 instead of a FG attempt to go up 10

- Duke drops a TD pass that hit both hands, so instead of 17-0 it’s 13-0

- Ford whiffs badly on Watt and gets Allen sacked before he can hit the inside target (think it was Beasley—EDIT: it was Knox coming open at the 5 for a 1st down, not a TD), so it’s 16-0 instead of (possibly) 20-0

- Josh fumbles away the ball giving Houston their best field position of the day

- Siran Neal drops an easy pick-6 that probably ices the game

- Ford/Morse/Knox miss the easy block on Cunningham that probably leads Josh inside the 30 (at least) for a GW FG

- Ford takes a PF penalty negating a chance for a GW 54-yard FG

- Brutal execution on the 3rd and 18 in OT

- Two defenders can’t tackle Watson on 2nd and 6, which leads to Taiwan Jones’ GW RAC

It’s crazy to think if we made any of those plays we likely win the game. We didn’t make enough plays at the end of the day. I’m very optimistic about next year though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/12/2020 at 12:10 AM, Nextmanup said:

I had the game recorded on the DVR.

I had not watched the game a second time and was carefully saving the game for future viewing.

A few days ago I saw I was at 95% capacity and needed to delete some stuff.

After a brief debate, I deleted the playoff game.

No real need to see it again and I know who won and who lost.

it  all depends on your motives for watching

when I was coaching it was helpful to see where things went wrong in order to work on them in practices

On 2/7/2020 at 11:26 AM, njbuff said:

Unfortunately I did.

It almost made me just as sick to watch it a second time as opposed to watching it live.

Three players missing a block on the Josh Allen sweep in OT was the game-killer for me.

One of the so many 2nd half vomit inducing moments.  No reason we should have lost that game.  Total choke job.