Has anyone bothered to take a second look at the WCPG against Houston?

njbuff

7 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Refs taking away 7 points on kickoff over turning a well established rule in the NFL .   BTW if you watch the kickoff earlier in the game same returner rightly takes a knee to down in the endzone.     You don't reward a team for not knowing the rules.

Yeah, there are mysteriously men in black suits and ref hats that can run onto the field and tell the refs which rules they can bend to keep it a game.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Refs taking away 7 points on kickoff over turning a well established rule in the NFL .   BTW if you watch the kickoff earlier in the game same returner rightly takes a knee to down in the endzone.     You don't reward a team for not knowing the rules.

My real time reaction: “this is total horse ?. It’s a touchback. End of story. If they ruled a TD against the Bills in this scenario I’d be livid. They can’t really give us a TD for this, can they? Oh, ok, right. That would’ve been nuts.”

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Unfortunately I did.

It almost made me just as sick to watch it a second time as opposed to watching it live.

Three players missing a block on the Josh Allen sweep in OT was the game-killer for me.

On the play you're referring to if you watch again you may come to the conclusion that, while admitting the Bills botched the blocking assignments, the Texans defender launched into Allen with helmet to helmet contact.  In most cases that's a personal foul but I guess the refs were holding onto their flags to throw for that blindside block.  Although on Watson's 2 pt conversation an offensive player peeled back and hit Edmunds in the same way.  Watch that one too.  Called on us, not called on them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

No, I like myself to much... “the agony of defeat” 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Thanks.  Since the title included "against Houston" I was thinking the OP was mentioning a specific play or penalty in the game.

thanks to OP for clarifying. At first I thought “WCPG” was some dumb new stat from PFF or something. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Like (+1) 1

I was there.  We decided to stay for one series after halftime to see if the Bills could could come out of the gate with anything and they came out and threw a pick 6.  Somehow, we decided to stick it out after that.  Kinda glad we did....

Interesting thinking of the game from Houston's perspective. That game is an instant classic for them. From a 3rd party perspective, the game was probably very good and fun to watch.

I'm hoping for a rematch next year.

I rewatched the day after with rewind asi do most games just because nerds are gonna nerd. 

Usually I do it to learn more that self torture... because you already know the outcome so it’s more of a technical exercise than emotional at that point.

That said they weren’t getting by the chiefs so nothing to lament here. Let them be salty and carry that grudge through the offseason 

5 hours ago, fan_in_tx said:

The most you can argue is it was an illegal forward pass and penalty for a safety.  But he gave himself up and if it was a Bill's player that did the same thing you would see it that way.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I really think he scores if Ford or Knox fit on Cunningham. Morse would’ve eaten the safety for lunch.

This was a perfect call at the perfect time with perfect execution...except for that one little detail.

I looked at it from the end zone angle, too. Josh has a really good chance of going the distance on that play. Could you imagine if that happened?

• Sad 1