Has anyone bothered to take a second look at the WCPG against Houston?

njbuff

I’ve got it recorded and waiting, but I haven’t been able to make myself do it yet. This just moved it down on my list of things to do. I’m also not in a hurry to close the car door on my hand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There was a time where I would play SB XXVII and XXVIII on the old VHS over just to try to clinically  pinpoint exactly where and how things went off the rails, and I admit I probably was no fun to be around simultaneously. So this will be a no-go for me, although I’m more than happy to start a thread about our playoff wins and dissect all the ways we routinely smoked say, Danny Marino...:D

• Like (+1) 2

I watched it several times.

There are about 10 different critical plays that the Bills easily could’ve made, and didn’t, that resulted in that loss. Just off the top of my head:

- Smoke drags his foot on a 3rd down sideline pass and we’ve got 1st and goal at the 3 instead of a FG attempt to go up 10

- Duke drops a TD pass that hit both hands, so instead of 17-0 it’s 13-0

- Ford whiffs badly on Watt and gets Allen sacked before he can hit the inside target (think it was Beasley—EDIT: it was Knox coming open at the 5 for a 1st down, not a TD), so it’s 16-0 instead of (possibly) 20-0

- Josh fumbles away the ball giving Houston their best field position of the day

- Siran Neal drops an easy pick-6 that probably ices the game

- Ford/Morse/Knox miss the easy block on Cunningham that probably leads Josh inside the 30 (at least) for a GW FG

- Ford takes a PF penalty negating a chance for a GW 54-yard FG

- Brutal execution on the 3rd and 18 in OT

- Two defenders can’t tackle Watson on 2nd and 6, which leads to Taiwan Jones’ GW RAC

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I haven’t and won’t. New season, new team. 

Ironically, I just deleted the game from the DVR this morning as I was cleaning it out. I watched the game live, then never again. 

This game has been dissected more than a frog in a seventh grade science class...yes, time to move on. 

• Like (+1) 2

I was at the game.

I usually always re-watch the broadcast version once I get home, because it's always interesting to see things on TV that you miss when you're in the stadium.

I have not re-watched this game yet. I keep saying "not yet, not yet", because I don't feel I'm ready to subject myself to the anguish again.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever re-watch it. I probably will, but maybe not until closer to training camp kicks off. That way, I won't have to sit on the heartache for too long, because a new season will be right around the corner. 

I'm still not over that loss, which I flew all the way to Texas to see, and I don't know if I ever will be.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They lost and they need to hurt so that next year they are mentally prepared. That is the only positive I take out of this game..... a learning experience for a young team.

There is no reason to suffer anymore than I need to. New season = SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

57 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

There are about 10 different critical plays that the Bills easily could’ve made, and didn’t, that resulted in that loss. Just off the top of my head:

- Smoke drags his foot on a 3rd down sideline pass and we’ve got 1st and goal at the 3 instead of a FG attempt to go up 10

- Ford whiffs badly on Watt and gets Allen sacked before he can hit the inside target (think it was Beasley—EDIT: it was Knox coming open at the 5 for a 1st down, not a TD), so it’s 16-0 instead of (possibly) 20-0

- Josh fumbles away the ball giving Houston their best field position of the day

- Ford/Morse/Knox miss the easy block on Cunningham that probably leads Josh inside the 30 (at least) for a GW FG

- Two defenders can’t tackle Watson on 2nd and 6, which leads to Taiwan Jones’ GW RAC

Can't say they didn't have their chances. Usually I blame refs, but couldn't do it this game. Bills lost it, plain and simple.

• Like (+1) 1

I really hope the team has watched this, multiple times.  As @thebandit27 points out, there are numerous ways the Bills should have iced this game, but in typical Bills fashion, went into complete meltdown mode instead.  At least it happened in the Playoffs this time, and this time, I think the Bills learn from it.  

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Refs taking away 7 points on kickoff over turning a well established rule in the NFL .   BTW if you watch the kickoff earlier in the game same returner rightly takes a knee to down in the endzone.     You don't reward a team for not knowing the rules.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2