Dogs of Two Bills Drive

Gugny

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My new dog Gracie.

She was at a high kill animal shelter and one day from being euthanized.  

She's a boxer/pit mix.  She's the most calm dog I've ever been around.  She doesn't even bark.  She can but only has done it once.  She's even good with cats.

Only issue with her is she takes forever to pee on a leash.  I think she's so focused on the walk and forgets to pee.  Can this easily be corrected?

Gracie.jpg

Awesome! Our Gracie will turn 11 this summer. Hoping to get her a little playmate late this summer.  She absolutely loves to play with everything that moves. I thought my son’s now 18 month old dog would be a problem, but when Gracie gets tired she just rolls onto her back and plays defense. 

She also wants to play with some neighborhood cats, but we don’t want her to bring shame on our family by getting thrashed by a ***** cat who wasn’t feeling the same playfulness. 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

Awesome! Our Gracie will turn 11 this summer. Hoping to get her a little playmate late this summer.  She absolutely loves to play with everything that moves. I thought my son’s now 18 month old dog would be a problem, but when Gracie gets tired she just rolls onto her back and plays defense. 

She also wants to play with some neighborhood cats, but we don’t want her to bring shame on our family by getting thrashed by a ***** cat who wasn’t feeling the same playfulness. 

So mine is Gracie 1 and yours is Gracie II?

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So mine is Gracie 1 and yours is Gracie II?

Currently mine is Gracie 10 (she’s still a binary dog), and she is superb at peeing on a leash. Her accuracy and stamina are remarkable for an old girl. She can stop and pee on every lot in the neighborhood......long after the urine has to be gone. Not to mention, her personal best is making me pick up her poop 4 (FOUR!) times on one walk around the block. 

The girl has some game!  

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Another of our pack: Mo. He's a Bouvier Des Flanders. He's 5 months old. Gonna be huge.

FB_IMG_1588113758677.jpg

Please post a video of him drinking from his water bottle. I may try to teach my dog that!

Not to derail things, but do you leave food out for your dogs all day?  My son can leave a bowl full of food, and the dog eats when she wants. The dog doesn’t go near the cat food. I take my dog over there, and she runs right past the cat and dog and goes for their food! 

For many years I had two dogs. Food or bones is the first thing they will mix it up over. I don’t remember how we handled that, but it was NEVER an issue. Looking at maybe a puppy late summer, so it will be a learning curve for my existing dog. All food is not YOUR food. We have to separate my dog from my son’s at dinner. His dog eats in the pantry. My dog is a docile 10 year old female Golden. She will learn, but it will take time and supervision. 

You have a Beautiful dog!  You will be able to have nice rides into town when full grown! 

Edited by Augie

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please post a video of him drinking from his water bottle. I may try to teach my dog that!

Not to derail things, but do you leave food out for your dogs all day?  My son can leave a bowl full of food, and the dog eats when she wants. The dog doesn’t go near the cat food. I take my dog over there, and she runs right past the cat one dog and goes for their food! 

For many years I had two dogs. Food or bones is the first thing they will mix it up over. I don’t remember how we handled that, but it was NEVER an issue. Looking at maybe a puppy late summer, so it will be a learning curve for my existing dog. All food is not YOUR food. We have to separate my dog from my son’s at dinner. His dog eats in the pantry. My dog is a docile 10 year old female Golden. She will learn, but it will take time and supervision. 

You have a Beautiful dog!  You will be able to have nice rides into town when full grown! 

Thanks. We have six dogs so we can't leave food out. It has to be done separately and strategically.

• Like (+1) 1

So, our Gracie, a 10 year old Golden, started drooling from the right side of her mouth a few days ago on walks, then more, then all the time. The vet is in semi-lockdown but got an appointment on Tuesday for Wednesday. (They come to the parking lot for the pet, you call when you get there.) They found part of a stick like a thorn over an inch long stabbing her gum between her back teeth. Because she was squirming, she needed to be sedated, and another day goes by because she had had breakfast. 

FINALLY, get her in about 7:45 this morning, pick her up at noon. They saved the weapon stabbing her, and it must have been NASTY for her!  I wish dogs could talk (sometimes :)). Had to lift her into the car, etc. Now, many hours later, she’s just standing on the wood floor and all four legs slide out from under her at once, like a stationary belly flop. I’m afraid to let her anywhere NEAR the stairs.

My dog has a serious buzz going, and I know some of you guys are jealous! 

• Like (+1) 1