Dogs of Two Bills Drive

Gugny

If a "modification" is done to protect a dog from injury, it makes sense.  When it is done just to "preserve" someone's "ideal" version of a breed it's just stupid (and cruel).

We adopted a Miniature Pinscher (no relation to the Doberman, by the way) at 6 weeks...she already had her tail docked (which bummed us out) but thankfully they didn't touch her ears.  Her ears were floppy until one week one of them stood up, and within another week or two the other did the same.  I think her ears look beautiful, and much better than the cropped version that seems so unnecessary.  I often wonder what her natural tail wagging would have looked like.

This is Kiwi.  She's 15 years, 2 months, and nearly deaf, but still kicking. Still loves playing and driving us crazy.  She's the second love of my life.  She's also a genius -- no, really.  She was one of the dogs featured on the Nat Geo Wild series "Is Your Dog a Genius" several years ago.

Kiwi Stoic.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He was a bear   
he looked like a Polar bear cub and had a big strong chest at 10 months 

Very well mannered and well trained

well until he ate the meatball off of my plate when I turned my back. 

red sauce on a white muzzle is a dead giveaway 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They're awesome dogs

Very smart and opinionated.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They're awesome dogs

Very smart and opinionated.

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He was a bear   
he looked like a Polar bear cub and had a big strong chest at 10 months 

Very well mannered and well trained

well until he ate the meatball off of my plate when I turned my back. 

red sauce on a white muzzle is a dead giveaway 

Close friend of mine had one.  His name was Cirrus.  Beautiful and so friendly.  Cirrus died young (maybe 4 years old).  Tore my buddy apart.  Never got another dog.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Nice work on the snowman.

Both the eyes and the buttons are actually shot glasses I grabbed off the downstairs bar and the hat was commandeered from a Mexican cantina where I may have enjoyed one too many Patrons ; - ) The more salient issue is what the hell kind of old fart whose kids are long grown and gone still goes out in the yard with only a dog and builds snowmen for fun?

And to keep things on topic, Stella is one hardcore hiking hound

996192110_2-18knrdl.thumb.jpg.ef690a7a6f8a2bb383fa754334caff0f.jpg

1478358860_GulfWildrnesTrailNH.thumb.JPG.155b4d1b96da8b84038547a4f5051ca2.JPG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

Both the eyes and the buttons are actually shot glasses I grabbed off the downstairs bar and the hat was commandeered from a Mexican cantina where I may have enjoyed one too many Patrons ; - ) The more salient issue is what the hell kind of old fart whose kids are long grown and gone still goes out in the yard with only a dog and builds snowmen for fun?

And to keep things on topic, Stella is one hardcore hiking hound

Awesome pictures.  I also wanted to point out that it's a good thing you capitalized Patrons, otherwise this thread would have gone into an entirely different direction! :lol:

Edited by Gugny

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Awesome pictures.  I also wanted to point out that it's a good thing you capitalized Patrons, otherwise this thread would have gone into an entirely different direction! :lol:

Believe it or not I actually considered that when I was typing and I almost left it lowercase just to create a bit of doubt in people's minds. :D

Nice catch..... 

And to keep it on topic...

IMG_0828.thumb.JPG.d6a2732cb2f8094245b164676d9b051e.JPG

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1