Dogs of Two Bills Drive

Gugny

Great idea for a thread @Gugny. Here are our two Black Lab mixes, Jake (The big one) and Trudy. They were both rescues. Jake was removed by court order from a home containing 17 dogs. He weighed 35 pounds, was cut and scarred and was flea-ridden. That was 1 1/2 years ago. Trudy helped him rediscover what it meant to be a dog in a loving home and I am happy to report that today he is doing fine.

4EEE4E70-9269-4112-A5A6-22B525B7F4CB.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Ruff / Ruffles.

@Gray Beard & @ExiledInIllinois, his tail is docked, which is traditional for the German shorthaired pointer because they are a hunting breed and it prevents injuries to the tail in the field. He still has his dewclaws, though, which is odd as those usually get taken too and are much more susceptible to injury. Have NYS legislators ever seen those kind of injuries? ?. Done when they’re 2-3 days old the pain is nil / minimal. Injuries due to routine dog activities when preventable steps can be taken are excruciating.

6087486C-4E85-4099-A223-C76EA1C30464.jpeg

Totally agree!  What I was getting at!

19 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Ruff / Ruffles.

@Gray Beard & @ExiledInIllinois, his tail is docked, which is traditional for the German shorthaired pointer because they are a hunting breed and it prevents injuries to the tail in the field. He still has his dewclaws, though, which is odd as those usually get taken too and are much more susceptible to injury. Have NYS legislators ever seen those kind of injuries? ?. Done when they’re 2-3 days old the pain is nil / minimal. Injuries due to routine dog activities when preventable steps can be taken are excruciating.

6087486C-4E85-4099-A223-C76EA1C30464.jpeg

I was a wrong when I said illegal. I looked it up.  Apparently it is legal if a vet does it with anesthesia, which makes sense to me.

https://www.avma.org/advocacy/state-local-issues/state-laws-governing-elective-surgical-procedures

38 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What's with people naming their animals all these cutesy people names.  Always wondered.

Do the ears need to be cropped when young?  Like a Doberman?  Are they born floppy?  

went to go pick up my dog a few months back and i had a plan to name him oliver after ed oliver.  on the way home my 3 year old starts going...this is my dog peter!  no idea where he got that name from. dont know a peter, no peter in his class. so we started calling him petey.  people ask all the time if its from little rascals and he's never seen that movie

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

went to go pick up my dog a few months back and i had a plan to name him oliver after ed oliver.  on the way home my 3 year old starts going...this is my dog peter!  no idea where he got that name from. dont know a peter, no peter in his class. so we started calling him petey.  people ask all the time if its from little rascals and he's never seen that movie

LMAO... Maybe hire a private investigator!  

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What's with people naming their animals all these cutesy people names.  Always wondered.

My daughter’s dog is named Stan. I had a friend at work named Stan. Whenever I would go to visit my daughter, I would go into work the next day and tell everyone that Stan has been humping my leg for the past few days.  I crack myself up. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

This was our first dog, Berrie. We got her a few months after we got married, and she was with us for 15 years.

Berrie.jpg

15 is solid for a big dog. Growing up I had a daschund who made it to 17. Our first golden kicked at 11......we went all in on Sully based on what is probably mumbo jumbo from the breeder,  based on breeding principles and longevity 

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just read about another Bills bro having to say goodbye to his pup.  Heavy.  Let's lighten it up.

We all love our dogs, whether they're with us or in Dog Heaven.  Here's my Chloe.  (7/22/09 - 7/22/19)

Post pics of your pups!!

Chloe.JPG

I'm assuming you're referring to the post I made a few weeks back. This is dozer, the dog I put down a few weeks ago. I took this picture about a year ago. I'm amazed at how much better he looks in this photo compared to how he looked right before I put him down

FB_IMG_1579914120993-270x270.jpg

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the post I made a few weeks back. This is dozer, the dog I put down a few weeks ago. I took this picture about a year ago. I'm amazed at how much better he looks in this photo compared to how he looked right before I put him down

FB_IMG_1579914120993-270x270.jpg

Someone posted in your thread about his dog passing last night.  Others have, too.  But yeah ... your thread really helped people open up about it.  Dozer was a good looking boy.

Chloe has been gone over six months and I still can't think about her without my eyes welling up (they are right now).  I still have a good cry at least once/month.

I've always been a cat guy and my past cats' deaths have shaken me, too.   But Chloe was different.  I'm still having a hard time with it.  My son insists that we leave her food and water bowls where they are.  Little does he know, I planned on it, anyway.  The cats demand that I fill her water bowl, so they still make use of it.

Mrags and his wife sent me a remembrance figurine when she passed.  I've got that next to her urn and her basket of toys remains in the living room, which her leash is now in.

This TBD community is full of good people and I think it's great that we can mourn/celebrate the lives of our loved ones.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

The middle one is a beautiful dog. How hard is it to keep it clean? It's been raining here all week and my carpet has the tracks to prove it. Damn mud.

Thanks he was a beautiful dog.

it was fun bathing him    He got dirtier more often in the winter.  however. He only lived a short time. 

he was one of the first cases of parvo in Rochester 

The border collies pic was dirty and his hair became as white as Sir Joshua Lee the Samoyed when bathed. 

The terrier was a lab mix. 
Labatt was its name. 

• Thank you (+1) 1