Jests tried to reassign Rick Dennison to be a scout so that he would quit & they don't have to pay him

Reed83HOF

40 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Did you even look at who they played down the back half? They had to play the same easy teams that we beat earlier in the year. Not impressed. Got destroyed by Baltimore and lost to the hapless tanking bungles.. Beat the Bills backups by one score.....

I addressed that.

Anyway, when the Bills went 6-2 were you saying the same thing about them and their easy schedule?  Or when they lost to the lowly Browns? Or when they beat the Steelers 4th string QB by one score?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I addressed that.

Anyway, when the Bills went 6-2 were you saying the same thing about them and their easy schedule?  Or when they lost to the lowly Browns? Or when they beat the Steelers 4th string QB by one score?

Yes. And i know you were saying that for sure from any roof top you could yell from.. ?. One of the two teams ended up in the playoffs if you didn't notice. So give it up and admit we are the better team would ya.

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

When Ralph fired Wade Phillips and tried not to pay him, that sullied the Bills' reputation for years, or decades.  The NFL is the Never-Forget League.  

The Pegulas are a much classier combo than Ralph (and they don't employ Lippman, hurray!) and the success of McBeane has transformed the Bill's reputation.  

The Jets are going to struggle to get competent coaches for years to come.  Serves them right, too.

It's probably not Gase behind this move.  It would be the GM or the owner, since Gase has been around the NFL long enough to know how bad a move this is.

To your first point yes, it makes a huge difference. I remember a presser he had where said paying coaches who don't work for you is just part of the business.

I'm actually quite sure Gase has a huge hand in this. Remember him posting fines on a video board? He likes to make examples of people for some strange reason and this is just his latest example

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

2021 New York Jets Head Coach.  This will be the only man to take it.

Image result for Lane Kiffin

Maybe Doug Marrone finally gets his dream job

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

So “jetsy” of them .... realistically though,  Dennison should be looking into careers in insurance sales at this point. 

Since teams offset salaries of fired coaches that find new jobs, wouldn’t this just all resolve itself if Dennison found a similar job with another organization?

Oh, right.....

This is certainly very Jetsy. Those a-holes deserve every sh*t-show they're gonna have to deal with this season and probably in following seasons. I'm pretty sure I despise them more than ol' Timmy B and the Patsies at this point.

Side note: That meathead Manish is a frickin' weasel, I don't buy into a lot of what he says since he's been shown to make crap up and even create fake Twitter accounts to try to amplify his "Adam Gase has a burner Twitter account" story. What a loser. 

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Man the Jest are a train wreck.  Not sure why anyone would work or play there.  

because if you're exceedingly desperate to work in the NFL then you take the job. Those who have other options in the NFL won't, but there's plenty who will take the worst HC job because it's still a HC job.

• Like (+1) 1

It is always nice to see the jets being F ups ?

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Jests tried to reassign Rick Dennison to be a scout so that he would quit & they don't have to pay him

This is kind of the reputation the Bills got in the late 90s/early 00s when Ralph stiffed Wade and Butler, right?

But yes, it is comforting that the Jets will have Gase f'ing things up into the 2020 season.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I addressed that.

I belive the saying is: blow it out your azz.

Edited by ScotSHO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

NE got annihilated by the Ravens and lost to Miami.

Point is that it's become automatic to knock Gase, while ignoring that he took that team from 2-6 to 6-2 in the 2 halves of the season.  

A few things here: first, the Jets were 1-7, not 6-2 in the first half. Secondly, the Bills would have annihilated them in the last game if it had mattered. The Jets were horrible in that game against our backups. Finally, their final 8 opponents were, in sequence, the Giants, the Redskins, the Raiders, the Bengals, the Dolphins (who were totally screwed by an BS overturned no-PI call that cost them the game), Baltimore, a Pittsburgh team with no offense by the end of the season, and a Bills team resting its most important starters. All of those teams were bad save for the Ravens, who destroyed them. (The Bills were bad because they were playing backups.)

Edited by dave mcbride

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yes. And i know you were saying that for sure from any roof top you could yell from.. ?. One of the two teams ended up in the playoffs if you didn't notice. So give it up and admit we are the better team would ya.

Of course the Bills are a better team--they certainly have a better roster.  The fact remains that Gase turned things around in the second half and won 6 games playing who was in front of him.

This isn't as hard as you are making it.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Of course the Bills are a better team--they certainly have a better roster.  The fact remains that Gase turned things around in the second half and won 6 games playing who was in front of him.

Let's wait and see what kind of team Gase fields next year.

That's the question.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

A few things here: first, the Jets were 1-7, not 6-2 in the first half. Secondly, the Bills would have annihilated them in the last game if it had mattered. The Jets were horrible in that game against our backups. Finally, their final 8 opponents were, in sequence, the Giants, the Redskins, the Raiders, the Bengals, the Dolphins (who were totally screwed by an BS overturned no-PI call that cost them the game), Baltimore, a Pittsburgh team with no offense by the end of the season, and a Bills team resting its most important starters. All of those teams were bad save for the Ravens, who destroyed them. (The Bills were bad because they were playing backups.)

I didn't say they were 6-2 in the first half.  But yes, 1-7, losing to NE, the Browns and the Eagles--all teams that beat the Bills as well.

Yes, they Bills likely would have won with their starters. 

On the Bills 6-2 run at the beginning of the season, they also played the Giants.  And the Redskins. And the Dolphins. And the Bengals.   Throw in the toothless Titans....and the Jets.  

In the second half of the season, the Bills would also lose to the Ravens.  And beat those same no offense Steelers.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

The Jets are possibly the worst franchise in the NFL behind maybe Cincinnati. What a joke the Jets are. 

Redskins....

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Will see next year if it was scheduling or coaching for both the Jets and the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn't say they were 6-2 in the first half.  But yes, 1-7, losing to NE, the Browns and the Eagles--all teams that beat the Bills as well.

Yes, they Bills likely would have won with their starters. 

On the Bills 6-2 run at the beginning of the season, they also played the Giants.  And the Redskins. And the Dolphins. And the Bengals.   Throw in the toothless Titans....and the Jets.  

In the second half of the season, the Bills would also lose to the Ravens.  And beat those same no offense Steelers.

Redskins....

The thing is, I never compared them to the Bills! That's a complete red herring. The Jets were not good. That is all I am saying. 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The thing is, I never compared them to the Bills! That's a complete red herring. The Jets were not good. That is all I am saying. 

I was comparing the quality of opponent.  Not different really. 

They aren't good---I agree.  But as fun as it is to dump on Gase.  They went from 1-7 to 6-2.  That's not insignificant.  If McD had the same start and finish against the same opponents with that roster, we would all be talking about what an amazing job he did righting the ship.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I was comparing the quality of opponent.  Not different really. 

They aren't good---I agree.  But as fun as it is to dump on Gase.  They went from 1-7 to 6-2.  That's not insignificant.  If McD had the same start and finish against the same roster and schedule, we would all be talking about what an amazing job he did righting the ship with a crappy roster.

6-2 is better than 1-7 -- no doubt. That said, the record is deceiving. They feasted on bad teams. Next year, just like the Bills they're going to have to face the AFC West and NFC West. 

3 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

This is kind of the reputation the Bills got in the late 90s/early 00s when Ralph stiffed Wade and Butler, right?

But yes, it is comforting that the Jets will have Gase f'ing things up into the 2020 season.

I belive the saying is: blow it out your azz.

I bet we can look forward to 219 more such well crafted posts over the next few years...

Keep "belive"-ing!

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

6-2 is better than 1-7 -- no doubt. That said, the record is deceiving. They feasted on bad teams. Next year, just like the Bills they're going to have to face the AFC West and NFC West. 

I agree.  But really bad teams lose to the good and the bad teams.  The Bills feasted on the same teams.

Next year, we shall see.