No more Jerry Sullivan radio show (but now Podcast!)

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not funny and very inappropriate.

Funny (not really) how a guy who admits that he literally crapped in his own hand thinks he can criticize an entire nation simply because they speak a different language.

Wait, where did he do that?

My mom lived in S. Florida near Miami for ~2 decades.  It became more and more limiting to communication, during that time, to not speak Spanish.  That's in no way intended as a criticism, much less of an entire nation - it's just a fact.  When I was staying at mom's house, helping her through hospitalization and rehab and settling her affairs, my lack of ability to speak Spanish limited my ability to communicate to neighbors, nurse's aides,  people seeking directions to the hospital's emergency room, and servers and clerks in stores and restaurants.  And she wasn't even living in areas with the highest density of Spanish speaking homes.  I got a neighbor to write out certain answers and phrases phonetically so I could give directions to the ER or ask questions about medication administration and the last time my mom had a shower.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My mom lived in S. Florida near Miami for ~2 decades.  It became more and more limiting to communication, during that time, to not speak Spanish.  That's in no way intended as a criticism, much less of an entire nation - it's just a fact.  When I was staying at mom's house, helping her through hospitalization and rehab and settling her affairs, my lack of ability to speak Spanish limited my ability to communicate to neighbors, nurse's aides,  people seeking directions to the hospital's emergency room, and servers and clerks in stores and restaurants.  And she wasn't even living in areas with the highest density of Spanish speaking homes.  I got a neighbor to write out certain answers and phrases phonetically so I could give directions to the ER or ask questions about medication administration and the last time my mom had a shower.

Don’t be a SJW buzzkill. ?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand all of this.  But I sincerely doubt that it's a "requirement to speak Spanish - Cuban dialect," in order to secure a gig on sports radio.  It was a clear swing and whiff (i.e. - unfunny "joke") that I think is offensive.  Offensive enough to report?  Not at all.  I asked a simple question to him and I've received two responses from others defending  him.  You're discussing the language barrier in a serious manner; the other poster wasn't.  I think there's a big difference.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

I mean maybe but I can't say I wouldn't poop into my hand if it meant I could lob it at someone.

You're just saying that because you like hanging out in prisons.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I understand all of this.  But I sincerely doubt that it's a "requirement to speak Spanish - Cuban dialect," in order to secure a gig on sports radio.  It was a clear swing and whiff (i.e. - unfunny "joke") that I think is offensive.  Offensive enough to report?  Not at all.  I asked a simple question to him and I've received two responses from others defending  him.  You're discussing the language barrier in a serious manner; the other poster wasn't.  I think there's a big difference.

I'm not intending to defend anyone, but I don't see him as "criticizing an entire nation", either.

• Like (+1) 3

For my own edification, can someone clarify something please:

Is "lack of financial support" a euphemism for "cancelled due to bad ratings" or do shows like that typically buy their own radio time, like an infomercial type arrangement & then are responsible for procuring their own support?

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know if that also means no more Tim Graham show either.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/02/06/jerry-sullivans-radio-show-ends-its-run/

That’s too bad, because to be fair Sully had a good radio show.  He always brought on good guests and like him or not, it was another opinion where you could get Bills coverage.  

It was pretty apparent that no one was listening.  They’d plug the phone line and literally no one would call.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

Does any market really need another voice in sports radio? Seems rather frivolous. 

Exactly. Like our freedoms are dying because we don't have one more sports radio guy bashing the Bills...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Exactly. Like our freedoms are dying because we don't have one more sports radio guy bashing the Bills...

we only really have two sports teams right now. They have a hard enough time filling the air with worthwhile content, let alone a whole separate station. 

• Like (+1) 1