Should Buffalo Trade for Alshon Jeffrey

Dkollidas

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If we wanted a WR from Philly, and Philly is willing to move on (given their lack of WR depth, I would look very carefully under the hood if they are), it would seem to make a lot more sense to look at Agholor, who is a free agent.  However, I suspect he's a FA (and was allowed to play out his 5th year option) is because his notion of what he is worth and Philly's notion of value for production are too far apart.

No! Agholor is Zay Jones redux. He can't catch a cold in Antarctica.

Eagles fans will be glad to see him leave.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve seen rumblings he’s not a great locker room guy.  I’m ok with it, but I think they can do better. 

He took shots at Wentz through Josina Anderson (anonymously), and the Eagles simply didn't want him on the field because of his attitude and declining skills.

Not a process guy, and is nowhere near worth his contract.

Look elsewhere 

13 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Why would Philadelphia trade him?  And if were on the block, why would they trade him to the Bills?  Dumb thread.

Very good chance he's cut FYI

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

It was suggested in an article today, where each team had a suggested move...this was ours.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2874666-the-ideal-offseason-trade-scenario-for-every-nfl-team.amp.html 

Interesting article..........some of the prices in trade are on the "rich" side.

In particular David Njoku netting Cleveland a second rounder seems like a real pipe dream to me.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One always has to look at this from the POV of the trading GM. 

Philly (for the first time in a couple years) has a decent cap situation, with $40M.  They also have 20 FA, including their LT, Agholor (their other top WR), two FS, CB, DT, DE etc.  Some may no longer be in their plans, but they probably want to resign 4 or 5 who are going to want to be paid.

Jeffrey has the 4th highest cap hit on the team at $15M of which ~$10M is salary .  If the Eagles trade him, his amortized signing bonus accelerates into this year and there goes $16.5M of their $40M cap space.  He's one of their 2 top WR targets from 2018, and when he and Agholor were injured the Eagles lack of depth at WR loomed large.

The Eagles really have no motivation to look at a Jeffrey trade, certainly not for a used hot-dog and a package of tube socks (which is what 2 6th round picks would amount to)

Right there is sum funnee stuff!!!  Appreciate the viewpoint as it dampers this crazy talk a wee bit....

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Interesting article..........some of the prices in trade are on the "rich" side.

In particular David Njoku netting Cleveland a second rounder seems like a real pipe dream to me.

Yea a few of these are based on original draft position. Definitely would be a fleece job for an oft injured player. If I was clevelander, I’d make that deal.

AJ Green on a one year contract for anywhere between $1-5 million. See what he can do. If he gets hurt, who cares? You have him for one year and aren't spending anything more than few million. Draft another guy in the draft. And I like our WR core

John Brown

Cole Beasley

AJ Green

Rookie

Duke Williams

Isaiah McKenzie 

Sounds good to me

7 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

It was suggested in an article today, where each team had a suggested move...this was ours.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2874666-the-ideal-offseason-trade-scenario-for-every-nfl-team.amp.html 

I know the guy who did the article (Sobo) a little bit.  He was just having some fun with possibilities that make some sense for each team.  FWIW he is a big fan of how the Bills FO attacked the interior OL last off-season.  He is a former lineman and is always a good person to get opinions on everything OL and DL. 

• Like (+1) 1

I say yes but I have no idea what compensation they would want.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

AJ Green on a one year contract for anywhere between $1-5 million. See what he can do. If he gets hurt, who cares? You have him for one year and aren't spending anything more than few million. Draft another guy in the draft. And I like our WR core

John Brown

Cole Beasley

AJ Green

Rookie

Duke Williams

Isaiah McKenzie 

Sounds good to me

I would love it but I bet AJGreen still gets 10 million guaranteed at least.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I know the guy who did the article (Sobo) a little bit.  He was just having some fun with possibilities that make some sense for each team.  FWIW he is a big fan of how the Bills FO attacked the interior OL last off-season.  He is a former lineman and is always a good person to get opinions on everything OL and DL. 

So what's his opinion on OL and DL free agents?  I would like to know who is out there at RT and LG, and for that matter, what's his take on Quintan Spain?

Also interested in takes on FA DE

8 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Fun article.  The one trade that caught my eye is the Ravens sending a 1st and a 3rd for Stephon Diggs with the premise that the Vikings need to clear cap space.  IF Diggs would be willing to come here (maybe sweeten his contract) I'd pull the trigger on that.  He's a proven commodity in his prime.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I also like the way we addressed IOL/DL last year and I hope we address WR the same way this year

Double down

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I understand people want the shiny new toy...

Amari Copper or AJ Green.

But looking at that I believe that...

1) Cooper has spoken out about not really wanting to play in cold weather (has never played a game in snow and doesn’t want to)

2) Cincinnati has openly talked about tagging AJ Green, and he’s spoken about wanting to stay with the Bengals.

I could see Beane going for a low risk move with Alshon Jeffrey, depending on how he checks out medically. He’s a solid big target, only has one year left on his current deal, would only cost us about $10M for the one year. Would add size and catch ability to the lineup. And it could be a thing like Miami trading for Talib from the Rams, where Buffalo trades something like two 6th round picks and gets Jeffrey and a 4th round pick or something like that. 

I don’t think EJ Green is a shiny NEW toy 

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what's his opinion on OL and DL free agents?  I would like to know who is out there at RT and LG, and for that matter, what's his take on Quintan Spain?

Also interested in takes on FA DE

I’ll see if I can get that from him.  He also writes for a Browns site and I’ve seen what he’s written about fits there.  But the Browns will likely be running a scheme that utilizes a lot of zone blocking.  That’s a bit different from the Bills although we also need somewhat nimble OL because they all need to be able to pull. 

• Thank you (+1) 1