"NextGen" stat I would like to see.

Chaos

To me, the best NFL stats are situational stats. For example. An RB  averaging 5 yards on third and 10, and average 3 yards on first and ten then an RB who averages 4.5 yards per carrying in both of those situations. 

Stats are very important, but in the NFL, the infamous "eye test" does have a bearing on the review. 

The stat I want to see is "drive-killing drops." All drops suck, but if a pass-catcher drops a check down at the line of scrimmage on first and 10, that is far less frustrating to see than a player dropping a well-thrown ball 15 yards up the field on 3rd and 10.   The second instance is nearly as bad as a turnover.  Does anyone know if such a stat is tracked by PFF or someone else? 

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

To me, the best NFL stats are situational stats. For example. An RB  averaging 5 yards on third and 10, and average 3 yards on first and ten then an RB who averages 4.5 yards per carrying in both of those situations. 

Stats are very important, but in the NFL, the infamous "eye test" does have a bearing on the review. 

The stat I want to see is "drive-killing drops." All drops suck, but if a pass-catcher drops a check down at the line of scrimmage on first and 10, that is far less frustrating to see than a player dropping a well-thrown ball 15 yards up the field on 3rd and 10.   The second instance is nearly as bad as a turnover.  Does anyone know if such a stat is tracked by PFF or someone else? 

That would be a stat I would like to see, it would seriously effect a pass catches pay don’t ya think. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1