Brady says he will be playing in next years Super Bowl

ALLEN1QB

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Brady also led the league with four Intentional Grounding penalties called against him.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/intentional-grounding?year=2019

Again - as opposed to how many he committed?

Look, I get your point that "perception isn't reality", but we all see the plays as linked up thread, where it's 100% IG and not called.

One of the things the Patriots do is they systematically push the limits.  Former Pats players have openly acknowledged that's how they're coached.   If Edelman commits OPI 10x a game and gets called for it once, that's 9x he's able to achieve an advantage by it.  Gronk was notorious for pushing off on every play but successfully drawing defensive holding penalties instead. 

If Brady commits Intentional Grounding 1x a game (very conservative for easy math), and gets called for it 4x per season,  he may lead the league but that's still a 4x strategic advantage over taking 16 sacks, and who knows, maybe he'll draw a "roughing" penalty as a bonus - per your site, he had 5 in 2015 and 4 in 2018, he's 9th overall on your IG link list.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He wants a check, but it's more the FA $$ kind. 

His team was 12-4 and playoffs, won the AFC E, and he passed for >4000 yds, 24 TD and 8 INT in that down year.   I would be happy with that from our QB.

I hate the guy, but the only way to deliver a reality check is to whup his ass on the field.  He's earned the right to talk.

His numbers were pretty average in comparison to his other seasons. He had the lowest completion percentage he's had since 2004 (both '04 and '19 he was at 60.8%). I watched probably five or six Pats games this season and to me, he looks more rattled by pressure than ever before. He's very quick to chuck the ball in the dirt when he's being rushed. I also saw him miss on routine throws that he just never misses on. I suppose something could be said of his receiver group, but he's lit it up in the past with second/third tier players so, not sure how much effect that had. 

Regardless, he's still a guy you can never count out. Father Time is undefeated, though. Sooner or later he'll tell him that he can't play anymore... probably in 2140 when Bionic Brady's batteries finally give out. 

I think I mentioned in another thread that I have a hard time seeing him becoming as successful somewhere else. He's worked in the same offensive system for at least a decade, had the same OC for a long time, etc. Not saying he wouldn't be able to learn another system but his bread and butter has always been a West Coast based offense. Short, quick passes on horizontal routes. Gets the ball out quicker than anyone which is why it's such a pain in the neck to sack him. If he goes anywhere besides New England there would be some adjustments that would need to be made to accommodate him, I think. 

Lastly, he ain't playing in no GD Super Bowl next year. I will Nancy Kerrigan his a$$! I will clock that surgically repaired knee with a GD lawnmower if I have to. He will not pass Go, he will not collect $200, he will not collect ring #7. 

....Or maybe he will, who knows, I'm not a foosball scientist.

Edited by blacklabel

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Brady also led the league with four Intentional Grounding penalties called against him.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/intentional-grounding?year=2019

He should have had at least one more as remember one that didn't get called against the Bills when "Rex Burkhead was in the area" yet not even within 10 yards of the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Again - as opposed to how many he committed?

Look, I get your point that "perception isn't reality", but we all see the plays as linked up thread, where it's 100% IG and not called.

One of the things the Patriots do is they systematically push the limits.  Former Pats players have openly acknowledged that's how they're coached.   If Edelman commits OPI 10x a game and gets called for it once, that's 9x he's able to achieve an advantage by it.  Gronk was notorious for pushing off on every play but successfully drawing defensive holding penalties instead. 

If Brady commits Intentional Grounding 1x a game (very conservative for easy math), and gets called for it 4x per season,  he may lead the league but that's still a 4x strategic advantage over taking 16 sacks, and who knows, maybe he'll draw a "roughing" penalty as a bonus - per your site, he had 5 in 2015 and 4 in 2018, he's 9th overall on your IG link list.

I totally get what you're saying and agree.

I just feel like the egregious "gimmes," significantly dwindled last season for NE* and I anticipate/hope to see that trend continuing as long as Marcia is there.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I think I mentioned in another thread that I have a hard time seeing him becoming as successful somewhere else. He's worked in the same offensive system for at least a decade, had the same OC for a long time, etc. Not saying he wouldn't be able to learn another system but his bread and butter has always been a West Coast based offense. Short, quick passes on horizontal routes. Gets the ball out quicker than anyone which is why it's such a pain in the neck to sack him. If he goes anywhere besides New England there would be some adjustments that would need to be made to accommodate him, I think. 

Lastly, he ain't playing in no GD Super Bowl next year. I will Nancy Kerrigan his a$$! I will clock that surgically repaired knee with a GD lawnmower if I have to. He will not pass Go, he will not collect $200, he will not collect ring #7. 

....Or maybe he will, who knows, I'm not a foosball scientist.

I don't think you can call what the Patriots run a WCO.  It's well-known as a Erhardt-Perkins offense, and that's not just a matter of terminology.

Sounds like his ability to play in a Superbowl next season is a function of how determined (and willing to face charges) you are.  As a criminal, are you good?

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

He should have had at least one more as remember one that didn't get called against the Bills when "Rex Burkhead was in the area" yet not even within 10 yards of the ball. 

I actually counted four in that game; one of which was called.

Just now, Gugny said:

I just feel like the egregious "gimmes," significantly dwindled last season for NE* and I anticipate/hope to see that trend continuing as long as Marcia is there.

I did feel hope when the ref cast a "revive" flag at Julian Edelman.  I also laughed until the dog was worried about me.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

He sure is pretty confident for somebody who had a down year. Sounds like somebody needs a reality check. He must be playing for an NFC team since we are going to be representing the AFC

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/05/tom-brady-plans-to-play-in-next-years-super-bowl-wont-say-for-which-team/

This sort of reeks of an over the hill boxer talking about how he's gonna kick the champ's azz.  I'm less angry about it than I am sad for him.  Note that essentially every single aspect of his life is better than mine but at least i'm not singing Glory Days to myself unironically

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They did dwindle and their ***** fans cried about it

• Haha (+1) 1