Jags unlikely to allow Yannick Ngakoue to test FA

YoloinOhio

Meh, I take it with a grain of salt at this point. He has posted some things on social media that would indicate that he doesn't want to be there, and his agent may apply pressure. We'll see what happens.

Also, I hate the franchise tag. What a stupid, unfair thing.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Meh, I take it with a grain of salt at this point. He has posted some things on social media that would indicate that he doesn't want to be there, and his agent may apply pressure. We'll see what happens.

Also, I hate the franchise tag. What a stupid, unfair thing.  

If they tag him, could see a hold out. They also have no cap space (though cutting Dareus frees up like 13 mill)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If they tag him, could see a hold out. They also have no cap space (though cutting Dareus frees up like 13 mill)

You have to wonder if teams are getting to a point where they're wondering if using the tag on someone who is gonna make trouble isn't worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Ugh that's disappointing. They should do away with the franchise tag in the next CBA. Pay the player what they're worth or move on.

Agreed-I think it would make the game better. Instead of spending loads of cap $ on middle tier players teams would be bidding on actual star level  players. Think of Pat Mahomes hitting free agency!

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Not sure why Jags would let him walk and get nothing in return.  If he’s that good, somebody will trade a 2nd rounder for him like Clark and Ford last year.  

Didn't it used to be that you could only use the tag if you intended to pursue a long term deal, and using it for a tag and trade was  a faux pas?

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Calais Campbell has a $15M base salary and would only account for $2.5M dead money.

They've got ways to make cap room that could still benefit Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's nice, but they are gonna have to come up with some money, since right now they are $3.4M in the red

This was being discussed in another thread.

Cut Dareus - $22.5M cap - $2.5M dead cap

Cut Linder  -$8M cap

$22.1M cap available

They need maybe $10M for their rookie pool (they have 2 - 1st round picks this year)

Not gonna sign OR franchise Ngakoue for $12M - projection is $17.9 for a franchise tag at DE

So who is on the trade block then?

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

See above, am I wrong?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's nice, but they are gonna have to come up with some money, since right now they are $3.4M in the red

This was being discussed in another thread.

Cut Dareus - $22.5M cap - $2.5M dead cap

Cut Linder  -$8M cap

$22.1M cap available

They need maybe $10M for their rookie pool (they have 2 - 1st round picks this year)

Not gonna sign OR franchise Ngakoue for $12M - projection is $17.9 for a franchise tag at DE

So who is on the trade block then?

Calais Campbell?

• Awesome! (+1) 1