Cover 1 evaluation of Laviska Shenault and in-depth overview of injury history

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am starting to see him mocked to the Bills quote a bit. Joe Marino thinks he is the best fit for the Bills out of this WR draft class. Very thorough analysis of this prospect. 

There are lots of fits for the Bills in this WR class.

The Bills might not have to worry about Shenault making it to 22 though.

Over the years, Shenault’s physical strength began to catch up with his mental strength. The ‘late bloomer’ began lifting with the offensive linemen instead of the receivers because he was lifting so much more than his position group, it simply took too much time in between sets to swap the weights out. While his Colorado teammates refer to him as a ‘freak,’ Shenault believes that he more closely resembles the Incredible Hulk or Dr. Strange because “Incredible Hulk’s extra strong, can barely be stopped, and Dr. Strange can pretty much do anything.” These two characters encapsulate what he is going to bring to the team that drafts him. He can literally do it all. He is a weapon; a positionless player who may carry the title of receiver, but a guy that can do whatever you want him to.

One of Shenault’s finer traits is his ability to track the football. He does a great job of tracing the trajectory of the ball from the moment it leaves the quarterback’s hand. He continually adjusts to the throw’s intended destination, and he has shown the ability to catch any type of pass away from his frame. That’s a testament to his hand-eye coordination, hand strength and finger dexterity, which was refined during his basketball days. Even though he may be fully extended at the catch point, he has the wherewithal to quickly tuck the ball so that he can then create after the catch or prepare for contact with the turf.

Not my top 3 choice's but he's the guy pundits and everyone mocks to us

He was used as a jack of all trades, he ran reverses, wildcat, play in the slot and outwide

So he's versatile but he isn't amazing at any position right now. I don't think he is a top end X in the league and his best attribute is running with the ball in his hands

I don't expect him to run a super fast time... 4.49 the fastest I expect and he just isn't a clean route runner yet

In such a deep class I'd rather take a WR who is polished and runs crisp routes

7 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He looks a lot faster than 4.49 to me

https://twitter.com/coachbirdd/status/1035884123615883264?s=19

I agree that he looks fast in the tape that I’ve seen, but I am very concerned that many of his touches are on passes within 5 yards of LOS and on run plays.  Does he have the tools to become a good WR?  Yes, I think so, but I worry that his route running and experience are limited to the point that he won’t be much of an asset in year one and there is risk that he never develops as a WR.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He looks a lot faster than 4.49 to me

https://twitter.com/coachbirdd/status/1035884123615883264?s=19

From the 40 to the 20 that definitely doesn't look like 4.4 speed to me

A 4.50 isn't even slow and that's what I'd expect him to run

Sammy Watkins ran a 4.44 and Shenault is not close to that speed

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

That's just it. I distinctly remember everyone mocking Vince Wilfork to us and we instead chose Lee Evans.....mocks don't mean jack.

To be fair that was a long time ago. Oliver and Allen were frequently mocked to the Bills. I’m not saying anyone Knows who they will take. But it’s ok to look at potential guys who could be “the guy” based on positional need and scheme fit when good analysis is put out there. 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was used as a jack of all trades, he ran reverses, wildcat, play in the slot and outwide

So he's versatile but he isn't amazing at any position right now. I don't think he is a top end X in the league and his best attribute is running with the ball in his hands

I don't expect him to run a super fast time... 4.49 the fastest I expect and he just isn't a clean route runner yet

The reason Joe Marino thinks he’s a good fit is his versatility and that he didn’t play with a great passer so had to be more of a playmaker on his own /  (he was comparing him to Higgins and the Bama guys ) 

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So who do you want?

I wouldn’t like this pick in the first round. This WR class is deep. This kid doesn’t have elite height, speed, or route running. It’s a bigger version of Curtis Samuel. 

Honestly he looks like a running back with good hands. 

If i has to choose between the Shenault mocks and the Swift mock i’d take Swift. 

Id hate both though. Don’t go WR in the first unless you have a belief he is a legit top 15 WR in year two or three. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Deboll looks at this kid and see's all sorts of ways to use him....he is a weapon

This is my first round pick.....Tee Higgins would be 2nd

You can find all sorts of ways to use Cordarrelle Patterson too but he wasn't worth a first

Shenault is great value in the second not round 1 of an NFL draft