NFL.com David Carr lists Buffalo as a Potential Destination for WR Amari Cooper

MAJBobby

3) BUFFALO BILLS: The Bills are one receiver away from having one of the top offenses in the league, especially after Josh Allen made the leap in Year 2. John Brown can take the top off the defense, Cole Beasley is a solid slot guy and Cooper would give Allen a playmaker who can win one-on-one situations and clear out the box for the run game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101262/article/eagles-bills-among-potential-landing-spots-for-amari-cooper?campaign=Twitter_atn

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm meh on this... I don't love the idea, but I don't hate it either. I prefer we take advantage of the deep WR class. If he wants to sign someone I think there are more economic options, but it isn't my money. 

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Bills are one receiver away from having one of the top offenses in the league

This surprised me though, and was quite fun to read!

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 5

I’ve mentally crossed him of the FA list since he publically stated he would not want to go to Buffalo. I would rather draft one or even two given the strength of this class than spend the $ on him. I would take one in the 1st or 2nd rd and then another later if it aligns to the Bills draft board. Already have Brown/Beasley and i like mckenzie. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve mentally crossed him of the FA list since he publically stated he would not want to go to Buffalo. I would rather draft one or even two given the strength of this class than spend the $ on him. Already have Brown/Beasley and i like mckenzie. 

What’s that saying? “Money talks...Bull$&);: walks”. Beane has looked at signing big $ guys before, but hasn’t landed any......yet. 

Just now, PIZ said:

What’s that saying? “Money talks...Bull$&);: walks”. Beane has looked at signing big $ guys before, but hasn’t landed any......yet. 

Since Cooper said it was more about location and that he will make big money anywhere he goes, I don’t think money will matter in this case. He will get his money and he doesn’t want to be in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve mentally crossed him of the FA list since he publically stated he would not want to go to Buffalo. I would rather draft one or even two given the strength of this class than spend the $ on him. I would take one in the 1st or 2nd rd and then another later if it aligns to the Bills draft board. Already have Brown/Beasley and i like mckenzie. 

I didn't know this.

Ingredients for "The Process"

1 part "Players buy in"

2 parts "Team chemistry"

1 part "Talent"

Cooper has talent...but what would we have with a guy who doesn't want to be here and others look at him in the locker room with a fat contract? It disrupts everything we've built for the last two years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I didn't know this.

Ingredients for "The Process"

1 part "Players buy in"

2 parts "Team chemistry"

1 part "Talent"

Cooper has talent...but what would we have with a guy who doesn't want to be here and others look at him in the locker room with a fat contract? It disrupts everything we've built for the last two years.

Tim graham asked him at the pro bowl about Buffalo as a FA destination and he was pretty clear about his feelings. He wants to be somewhere south. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think established FA receivers would want to come to Buffalo, even if the Bills pony up the money. 

That said I was surprised and pleased when they got Beasley.

If Cooper already said he doesn't want to be here don't bother.

Edited by The Jerk

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tim graham asked him at the pro bowl about Buffalo as a FA destination and he was pretty clear about his feelings. He wants to be somewhere south. 

good.  Cooper has been a disappointment, IMHO, and will be overpaid for what he produces.  I'd rather have a rookie, and someone who will cost less like AJ Green.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I'm meh on this... I don't love the idea, but I don't hate it either. I prefer we take advantage of the deep WR class. If he wants to sign someone I think there are more economic options, but it isn't my money. 

This surprised me though, and was quite fun to read!

Yes, that was fun.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

3) BUFFALO BILLS: The Bills are one receiver away from having one of the top offenses in the league, especially after Josh Allen made the leap in Year 2

UH-OH! The Josh Allen haters are going to revolt after reading that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

UH-OH! The Josh Allen haters are going to revolt after reading that.

Funny you should mention this... Due to a conversation in another thread, I am (not for the first time in the past couple years, mind you) reading through the 2018 draft night thread... The amount of Allen haters is still surprising to me. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have not followed his career that closely, but I don't think that Cooper's play has been commensurate with his draft status.  He's been good, but not great.  He's very talented and will likely command top dollar.  He doesn't seem to be a "process" guy and the secret to the Bills success is a cohesive roster consisting of the types of players who want to be in Buffalo and want to be a part of what the team is building.  Cooper does not appear to be one of those guys.  The deep WR draft class also warrants going after younger, less expensive, talented WR options.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Funny you should mention this... Due to a conversation in another thread, I am (not for the first time in the past couple years, mind you) reading through the 2018 draft night thread... The amount of Allen haters is still surprising to me. 

Me too. Oh well, can't please everyone.

Honestly, I wanted Josh Rosen, but I didn't hate that we took Allen. I had him as my 2nd QB to take. I liked Allen's potential more than Mayfield & Darnold.

I'm thrilled at how good Allen played this past season and he can get better. We definitely need to give him more weapons.

As for the topic at hand. I'm unsure about Amari Cooper. He's a good WR, but I think he would rather play elsewhere, and I don't see Beane giving out that much money. I'm fine with drafting 2-3 WR's this year.