Bills over/ under wins set at 8.5

BillsMafi$

That line seems right.  Had an easy schedule this year, have a much taller task this year, even with the team seemingly ready to take one more step forward.  I don't see any value in betting it this year like last years number.  Pass

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

This sounds about right. Our team and conservative coaching is built for close games. It’s not sustainable for winning consistently. 

This year was the year, the conservative mentality killed momentum and hope. 

Do us a favor, bub, and find another pastime so you don't have to bring yourself down on a Bills fan forum.

• Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Really surprised they set this before free agency and the draft. 

Those are the odds at this moment.  It can change.

With that said, I would be shocked if the Bills didn't get 9 + wins next year.

You see, here's the funny thing -- I look at that schedule and knowing what I know right now I don't see one "guaranteed" loss.  Not one.  That's what happens when your football team is solid and you expect to make improvements.  The Bills are currently a top 10-15 team in the NFL, with the arrow pointing up, and that means there isn't a game they can't win.

I'd go over for certain.  9 wins would be a disappointment next year.

• Like (+1) 3

Inclined to think "Over"
Need to consider what Beane can add thru the Draft and FA.
Also need to consider what we could lose: DT's Lotulelei & Phillips, DE's Lorax & Shaq (is Trent's contract up?), DB Johnson, Gore . . . defense could be weaker.

I can see why the books say 8.5 with the tougher schedule and the possibility the defense gets weaker.  The wild card is Beane and what he can do to add to the roster and what the 1st & 2nd year players do to add to the team in their 2nd & 3rd years respectively.

I'm assuming 8.5 will be heavily juiced on the under, so much so that I think this total will probably be moved to 8 pretty quickly, with a slight juice to the over.  If you want to bet under 8.5, I'd do so soon, if you like the over I think you'll get a better # this summer

We aren’t at 6.5!!!! It’s progress!!! ? 

on paper, it’s a much harder schedule.  It’s one of the toughest ones in a while.  We could improve as a team but might not get the wins to show for it.  If we beat that over, we have a legit really good team.

also, as someone who loves betting, don’t ever beat on your favorite teams unless you want to beat against them so if they lose, you have a money consolation prize.

I won't touch any over/unders until just prior to the regular season personally. No sense in risking it now when for all we know one of our important players could suffer a season ending injury in preseason or something.

Not to mention we really have no idea what half our opponents will look like next season.

But looking at it right now, I'd guess we're looking at that 8-10 win range again, so if I had to bet right now, I'd probably go over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Inclined to think "Over"
Need to consider what Beane can add thru the Draft and FA.
Also need to consider what we could lose: DT's Lotulelei & Phillips, DE's Lorax & Shaq (is Trent's contract up?), DB Johnson, Gore . . . defense could be weaker.

I can see why the books say 8.5 with the tougher schedule and the possibility the defense gets weaker.  The wild card is Beane and what he can do to add to the roster and what the 1st & 2nd year players do to add to the team in their 2nd & 3rd years respectively.

Not the end all beat all, but WalterFootball is a pretty well respected group and they have the Bills free agents as middle of the road (they are not overly impressed by Phillips) so even with losing some of those guys .. the Free agents should more than compensate and if we can bring back some of our own at reasonable rates .. all the better.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

It will come down to how much more improvement Josh makes as the schedule is a little tougher (but those things change year to year), and we should expect a more normal injury impact than this year (we were very lightly hit by injuries)

I see Eleven wins,

Go Bills!!!