PFF 2017 Draft Redo . 2 Bills picked in top 20.

JerseyBills

On 2/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

well he ended up being their 19th best rated corner by the end of this season.... so I wouldn't expect much less from them.

that site ranked 18 corners over white. try and wrap your brain around that. its absurd. 

I have explained this before but it is partly a result of teams not throwing his way. While PFF gives a positive mark for a guy who covers a receiver on the opposite side to where the ball goes to get their top grades you have to be covering guys who the ball is thrown to. And teams avoid Tre White's side so much. Call it what you want a flaw in their grading system or whatever but that is the reason. Anyone who actually looks at Tre and does not think he is elite is bonkers. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have explained this before but it is partly a result of teams not throwing his way. While PFF gives a positive mark for a guy who covers a receiver on the opposite side to where the ball goes to get their top grades you have to be covering guys who the ball is thrown to. And teams avoid Tre White's side so much. Call it what you want a flaw in their grading system or whatever but that is the reason. Anyone who actually looks at Tre and does not think he is elite is bonkers. 

DeAndre Hopkins, Bonkers!

1qJCfhzT_reasonably_small.jpg

Texans made a significant halftime adjustment. In 1st half: DeAndre Hopkins lined up in slot 75% of the time to avoid Tre’Davious White. 0 receptions on 2 targets. 2nd half: Out wide 59% of time. 6-6, including 4-4 for 70 yards vs. White. Via NFL Next Gen Stats.
Edited by The Frankish Reich

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

DeAndre Hopkins, Bonkers!

1qJCfhzT_reasonably_small.jpg

Texans made a significant halftime adjustment. In 1st half: DeAndre Hopkins lined up in slot 75% of the time to avoid Tre’Davious White. 0 receptions on 2 targets. 2nd half: Out wide 59% of time. 6-6, including 4-4 for 70 yards vs. White. Via NFL Next Gen Stats.

Cherry picking a half of football to form an argument for or against a player makes somebody look incredibly foolish. 

.... so congrats on that. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2020 at 9:51 AM, whatdrought said:

Adams over White seems questionable. 

Yeah Adams and Watt were the two I disagree with. Still obviously great players so no big deal but I personally would take White ahead of them. 

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah Adams and Watt were the two I disagree with. Still obviously great players so no big deal but I personally would take White ahead of them. 

I agree on Adams but watt is a complete freaking game wrecker. That one is tough. I know our guy seems to make all his plays in the clutch. But I’ve also noticed watt totally swing games for the Steelers. That’s a real toss up IMO. You could make a real strong argument for either. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Omg the best wideout in the game got some catches on him lol cmon man

And he didn't ruin him by any means. You can count on one hand the number of guys who have given Tre rough days since he has been in the league. It is AJ Green, Hopkins, Robby Anderson and your guy Golladay. That is 4 times a guy has got the better of him in a head to head in 3 seasons. People have to remember that the other guys get paid too and it is as hard as ever to be a DB in the NFL. You are gonna lose some of those match ups. White loses them at a remarkably low frequency. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am a rare defender of PFF around here, but ...

... really, with 20-20 hindsight nobody is taking Tre White over McCaffrey. Nobody. It would make sense to say "Tre White at 27 overall has provided better value than McCaffrey at 8" but that's not the same thing as saying Carolina would have/should have taken him at 8. Just plain silly.

As for the other pick (Dawkins over Bolles): duh. Bolles is generally considered a bust. He started all last year only because the Broncos literally had no one else to take his job. They paid a lot for Juwaun James to play RT and he was barely active all year. Elijah Wilkinson was kind of the every position backup and was trash filling in at RT, and there was nobody to bump Bolles. Dawkins a solid (with upside) starting LT. No special insight needed there.

A all pro CB is more valuable than a top RB in the long haul

No matter how good McCaffrey is he doenst offer the value of shutting down 1-3 of the field

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And he didn't ruin him by any means. You can count on one hand the number of guys who have given Tre rough days since he has been in the league. It is AJ Green, Hopkins, Robby Anderson and your guy Golladay. That is 4 times a guy has got the better of him in a head to head in 3 seasons. People have to remember that the other guys get paid too and it is as hard as ever to be a DB in the NFL. You are gonna lose some of those match ups. White loses them at a remarkably low frequency. 

Lol I do have golladay up there don’t I 

I don’t mean to always be talking a guy up or anything but he pops on screen to me 

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Lol I do have golladay up there don’t I 

I don’t mean to always be talking a guy up or anything but he pops on screen to me 

Golladay can play. He is a good receiver. Tre doesn't get beat by bums. Hopkins and Green are two of the best of their era, Golladay is one of the best young receivers in the game and Robby Anderson is a darn good receiver with elite speed. There is no shame in coming off second best there. And those are literally the only 4 guys I can remember him coming off 2nd best to in 49 games in the NFL (think the only game he has missed of 48 regular season and 2 playoffs wad the Jets week 17 game). 

Edited by GunnerBill

On 3/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, GunnerBill said:

He beat him pretty badly in the second half. On that 2 pt conversion where Hopkins turned him around, Tre looked like a defeated man. Everyone has a down game, of course.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:18 AM, JerseyBills said:

8. CAROLINA PANTHERS: CB TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE

Previous Pick: RB Christian McCaffrey

Passing on McCaffrey might rub some fans in Charlotte the wrong way, but if given the choice, the Panthers should be taking a shutdown cornerback like White over McCaffrey 10 times out of 10.

<snip>

Sherlock Holmes will not be pleased. :(