Our #1 need Is on a rebuilding Carolina Panthers team.

Conlan93

Our #1 need in a rebuilding Carolina   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Trade a 1st rd pick + mid rounder for Carolina's D.J Moore

• Yes
    • No

Brandon Beane is not afraid to trade as we all know. Moving up in drafts acquiring picks through non fitted players ect. Last season after the attempted Antonio Brown trade, i wouldnt put it past him to take advantage of teams with a less fortunate situations then what our Bills have this upcoming season. The aquistion of a prime young talented #1 reciever in D.J Moore may be worth the price of admission for this offense and Josh. Sending this years 1st and a mid rd pick to a team in a full on rebuild may be intriguing to think about.

I voted no. I think he’s a good player, possibly going to be great. I wouldn’t give up multiple picks for him yet though. Just me, but if I’m trading away a 1st round pick I want a proven elite talent. First round pick is HUGE value for that fifth year option. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I voted no. I think he’s a good player, possibly going to be great. I wouldn’t give up multiple picks for him yet though. Just me, but if I’m trading away a 1st round pick I want a proven elite talent. First round pick is HUGE value for that fifth year option. 

I would consider him a fringe elite player given that C-Mac hogs those tds. His stats are there and at 23 yrs old he would have 2 yrs + a fifth yr option left on his contract because he was a 1st rounder. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Conlan93 said:

I would consider him a fringe elite player given that C-Mac hogs those tds. His stats are there and at 23 yrs old he would have 2 yrs + a fifth yr option left on his contract because he was a 1st rounder. 

But look what you’re willing to give up. 
Then look at the OBJ and Antonio Brown trades last year. It’s too much. He’s not an elite player. Not yet. He may or may not grow into one but he’s not a Hopkins Thomas kinda receiver. And let’s not leave out Carolina isn’t gutting the team. Rhule isn’t going to just get rid of his top young talent they are purging the older talent out. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'de trade a 1st but hold off on multiple picks.

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

This is a very deep WR draft, trading multiple picks for one and then paying him? This is bananas. 

I'de rather trade a 1st on a proven 22 year old WR then draft one in the 1st. There have been great drafts and somehow we ended up missing. The 2004 QB draft, 2011 draft, and the 2014 WR draft.

3 hours ago, Conlan93 said:

Brandon Beane is not afraid to trade as we all know. Moving up in drafts acquiring picks through non fitted players ect. Last season after the attempted Antonio Brown trade, i wouldnt put it past him to take advantage of teams with a less fortunate situations then what our Bills have this upcoming season. The aquistion of a prime young talented #1 reciever in D.J Moore may be worth the price of admission for this offense and Josh. Sending this years 1st and a mid rd pick to a team in a full on rebuild may be intriguing to think about.

if they are in “full on rebuild” as you claim, why not inquire on McCaffrey instead of Moore? Surely a team in “full on rebuild” would make everyone available no? Personally i’d rather have CmC. 

I’m sticking to my point of get Henry or Hooper and Olsen and drop the other three TE’s except Knox.  Cheaper,  makes a better team, and draft the more expensive WRs and pass rushers as well as outside LB, or maybe acquire one in free agency, but price needs to be right.  The key is to extend the players we want, and save $ for White’s, Milano, and other extensions next year.  Place the 5 th year tag on Allen, and we keep the gang together.  We’ll have the $ after multiple increases in the cap over the next couple of years.  We can’t afford to lose guys like Hyde and Poyer to name a couple on two years unless they drop off.  We have the best secondary in the league between our safeties and and White.

Although Beane loves the "dealing" part of it all...he's not into giving away assets. I'd rather use the draft as they've been doing...we have a really good young team that can go far. We're a few players away IMHO. Go Bills.

Edited by KGun12TD

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'de trade a 1st but hold off on multiple picks.

I'de rather trade a 1st on a proven 22 year old WR then draft one in the 1st. There have been great drafts and somehow we ended up missing. The 2004 QB draft, 2011 draft, and the 2014 WR draft.

We didn’t have Beane. None of those other drafts matter to this one.

In some Drafts you may be right, but between a couple very good FAs scheduled to hit the market and this being maybe the deepest WR Draft we've seen in 20 years or more, *this* year is NOT the year you trade a 1st Round pick for a WR. You utilize it's depth, take another player in the 1st Round that meets value and keep your assets. JMO

• Like (+1) 3