Matt Parrino on Christian Wade: not on the 53 next year

22 hours ago, ColeB said:

Yeah, Joe Montana was an average QB at Notre  Dame.  Had the Bills drafted him back then instead of Bill Walsh and the Niners, he may not have been a HOFer.

Pop quiz: who was the Bills starting QB the year Joe Montana was drafted?  How long did he start, before and after?  And who was the Bills coach?

On 2/6/2020 at 4:01 AM, GunnerBill said:

There is absolutely no way he has earned £60m from playing rugby. Absolutely none. I'd like to see the actual source for that because I don't think it is true. The most famous English rugby player of the last 20 years - Johnny Wilkinson - who kicked us to world cup glory in 2003 and who had endorsements a plenty is only estimated to be worth about £16m by the Sunday Times rich list (on which Christian Wade does not feature). 

Basically I am calling nonsense on the statement quoted above. It isn't true. 

when I looked that’s  all I found

net worth. 
how it breaks down Is ????

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

when I looked that’s  all I found

net worth. 
how it breaks down Is ????

Yea I googled and got the same bald statement. It isn't true though. I'd go as far as to say I am 99.9% sure about it. It just doesn't make sense.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Auto correct. Ever hear of it?

Yeah, we've all been victimized by it. But am I being a jerk about this in some way that I'm not seeing that's causing this humorless response? I'm playing around with words here and you're defending yourself as though any of this matters. It's cool. Forget I made a joke about you criticizing someone else's "half-with" whatever. 

On 2/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, GunnerBill said:

There is absolutely no way he has earned £60m from playing rugby. Absolutely none. I'd like to see the actual source for that because I don't think it is true. The most famous English rugby player of the last 20 years - Johnny Wilkinson - who kicked us to world cup glory in 2003 and who had endorsements a plenty is only estimated to be worth about £16m by the Sunday Times rich list (on which Christian Wade does not feature). 

Basically I am calling nonsense on the statement quoted above. It isn't true. 

salary cap for an English rugby union club side is approx $9m and squad sizes are around 40.   There is the odd player here and there making about $1m a year, Wade on nowhere near that.  Maybe about the same as he is now in the NFL, maybe... not published so no one knows.  He would have made more on top in sponsorship etc but 100% has not made $60m.  

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Yeah, we've all been victimized by it. But am I being a jerk about this in some way that I'm not seeing that's causing this humorless response? I'm playing around with words here and you're defending yourself as though any of this matters. It's cool. Forget I made a joke about you criticizing someone else's "half-with" whatever. 

And I’m glad you’re finding humor in being a ****. Carry on...

Interview with Wade:

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-running-back-and-rugby-star-christian-wade-we-have-the-best-fans-in-the-world

Wade talked about how lucky he is to play for the Bills. "Just the whole setup from my owners Kim and Terry Pegula investing how much in terms of facilities. I believe we have the best facilities in the league. And then just the way we travel. The culture that's been created by obviously us as a team but it's been driven by coach McDermott."

I think he may have exaggerated the injuries due to the Bills tailgating scene a leeeeeetle bit?

Hw much is Wade being paid? Is it worth it to him to stay?

I don't know how much he was making playing rugby, but it a pretty popular sport, so they must make decent money. Why would he waste prime years of his career, relegated to a NFL practice squad?

All this stuff about him having to learn how to pass protect seems a bit overstated. Every year there are rookie RB's that haven't done much blocking. Most seem to be able to adapt to an acceptable level. I think his main concerns are with being able to catch the ball, and running routes out of the backfield.

This stuff isn't rocket science. There have been plenty of utter idiots that have played NFL football successfully, especially RB.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Hw much is Wade being paid? Is it worth it to him to stay?

I don't know how much he was making playing rugby, but it a pretty popular sport, so they must make decent money. Why would he waste prime years of his career, relegated to a NFL practice squad?

All this stuff about him having to learn how to pass protect seems a bit overstated. Every year there are rookie RB's that haven't done much blocking. Most seem to be able to adapt to an acceptable level. I think his main concerns are with being able to catch the ball, and running routes out of the backfield.

This stuff isn't rocket science. There have been plenty of utter idiots that have played NFL football successfully, especially RB.

I have answered these questions earlier in the thread. 

The salary cap for Premiership rugby is £7m per team from which they have to pay a squad of 40 plus people. 

He was at a best guess making somewhere between $125,000 and $250,000 a year playing rugby. A full year on a practice squad plus camp bonuses etc puts him somewhere just below the middle of that range. But the potential prize if he makes a roster..... well he doubles his salary and then some overnight. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have answered these questions earlier in the thread. 

The salary cap for Premiership rugby is £7m per team from which they have to pay a squad of 40 plus people. 

He was at a best guess making somewhere between $125,000 and $250,000 a year playing rugby. A full year on a practice squad plus camp bonuses etc puts him somewhere just below the middle of that range. But the potential prize if he makes a roster..... well he doubles his salary and then some overnight. 

Thx.

Edited by 32ABBA