So Where Do You Think Shady Might Be Next Year ?

T master

So it looks as if Beane once again made the right move in getting rid of Shady at the right time, he was a piece that Big Red used through out the season at times & Shady did produce but other younger players later in the season took over his roster spot & he wasn't active for the last few games & was just a cheerleader at the SB .

So do you think Big Red will bring Shady back or let him walk ? I've heard that Shady wants to retire a Eagle in some things i have read & you never know they may reunite him with Deshawn Jackson in Philly like back in the old days .

I don't think that Beane would consider bringing him back for another year on a veterans minimum contract especially after what Shady said in his interview about understanding why Beane cut him due to it being a business decision but wishing he would have been more up front with him, and wishing he had traded him earlier when other teams had called inquiring about him .

Such is life in the NFL ! At least now he can say he has a SB ring to go along with his impressive career even though he wasn't a contributor .

Shady may have a bit left in the tank & i think he wants to get as many yards as he can before he retires to give him a better shot at the HOF but i'm not real sure how big a market there will be for his services, not to mention how much time he will get on the field to get those extra yards he's looking for before he retires to add to his total .

What do you all think ? Will he be back with the Big Red Machine ? Will he be on another team & if so who ? Or will he retire ? 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to So Where Do You Think Shady Might Be Next Year ?
5 minutes ago, T master said:

So it looks as if Beane once again made the right move in getting rid of Shady at the right time, he was a piece that Big Red used through out the season at times & Shady did produce but other younger players later in the season took over his roster spot & he wasn't active for the last few games & was just a cheerleader at the SB .

So do you think Big Red will bring Shady back or let him walk ? I've heard that Shady wants to retire a Eagle in some things i have read & you never know they may reunite him with Deshawn Jackson in Philly like back in the old days .

I don't think that Beane would consider bringing him back for another year on a veterans minimum contract especially after what Shady said in his interview about understanding why Beane cut him due to it being a business decision but wishing he would have been more up front with him, and wishing he had traded him earlier when other teams had called inquiring about him .

Such is life in the NFL ! At least now he can say he has a SB ring to go along with his impressive career even though he wasn't a contributor .

Shady may have a bit left in the tank & i think he wants to get as many yards as he can before he retires to give him a better shot at the HOF but i'm not real sure how big a market there will be for his services, not to mention how much time he will get on the field to get those extra yards he's looking for before he retires to add to his total .

What do you all think ? Will he be back with the Big Red Machine ? Will he be on another team & if so who ? Or will he retire ? 

I don't see him back with KC.  I think if he's smart, he'll sign a 1 day with Philly and retire. 

But he seems like the kind of player who just doesn't know what to do with himself outside football, so I imagine he'll take offers - not sure from who.

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

in a philly bar

If Shady is smart, that's one city where he should stay away from bars.  The LEO love him not.

Respectfully,  it wont even be a blip on the radar.i could personally care less and id imagine most of the NFL would agree. 

Before the week started id thought 'hmm, itd be nice to see shady, sammy, and ol'reg get a ring. Go chiefs ' Then, they opened their mouths. Youd think reporters could have come up w better questions SB week and its not like they brought it up on their own.... but their comments changed my rooting interest. 

I liked shady and always thought he was funny. Hell, i wrongfully defended him in that I thought hed have a bounce back year. When all is said and done, ill remember shady for not being in touch w reality. Rather than admit hes spent, its getting to be outlandish excuses and reasons defending his diminished skill set like he's still shady of old. I mean can you really go your who life thinking every one else is crazy w/out it ever occuring to you maybe you were the crazy one all along?

Edited by gobills1212

I think the overwhelming favorite is going to be retirement.  

Think about it...he wasn't even valuable enough to KC in the post season to be active, despite the fact he has all that history with Reid and was supposed to be a dual threat RB which KC covets that type of RB.  

He isn't going to have much interest anywhere and I think he will not be in the NFL next year.  

I think he’ll give it a go trying for one more season. 
BillsRdue has a nice little list pre offseason moves that shady could have a chance at some playing time with those teams. 
I think it really just depends on his finances, he’s not breaking any super records, now doesn’t exactly need a Super Bowl ring technically, if he’s broke he needs a check, if he’s invested intelligently he can easily retire an eagle and call it a career. 

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think he will have one of those quiet disappearing act kind of “soft” retirements. Reminds me of how guys like Ricky waters and Shaun Alexander were playing one day, and then suddenly weren’t. 

That happened 6 weeks ago.