Mark Dantonio steps down from Michigan State

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Didn't see this coming. I thought the only way he was leaving was being fired.

There are whispers that he was forced to step down or would have been fired. Related  to The ongoing litigation. Of course, he denied it. The crazy thing is that he is facing serious recruiting violation allegations. If so, he needed to retire because if those classes he’s been bringing in lately are a result of cheating... 

hearing rumors that Pat Narduzzi From Pitt will be the next MSU coach, he was their DC a few years ago

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Unconfirmed report that Sparty is in contract talks with Luke Fickell from UC. He would be a really good hire for them but I will be surprised if he leaves UC right now. That said, his DC Marcus Freeman was offered the LB coach for the titans by Vrabel and turned it down to stay at UC; it is believed that he is in line to replace Fickell  if/when he leaves for a bigger job. So the timing lines up, but I think Fickell will be very selective about his next gig and though Sparty fits the profile of the geography and level of job he would go to, i don’t think he would want to walk into that tire fire and lack of talent. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unconfirmed report that Sparty is in contract talks with Luke Fickell from UC. He would be a really good hire for them but I will be surprised if he leaves UC right now. That said, his DC Marcus Freeman was offered the LB coach for the titans by Vrabel and turned it down to stay at UC; it is believed that he is in line to replace Fickell  if/when he leaves for a bigger job. So the timing lines up, but I think Fickell will be very selective about his next gig and though Sparty fits the profile of the geography and level of job he would go to, i don’t think he would want to walk into that tire fire and lack of talent. 

Who is UC?

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are whispers that he was forced to step down or would have been fired. Related  to The ongoing litigation. Of course, he denied it. The crazy thing is that he is facing serious recruiting violation allegations. If so, he needed to retire because if those classes he’s been bringing in lately are a result of cheating... 

hearing rumors that Pat Narduzzi From Pitt will be the next MSU coach, he was their DC a few years ago

Looks like he should have made more violations ;)

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shurmur would be a disaster 

but he made Minnesota 's offense great :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.