Jaguars Give Up 2 home games next year

plenzmd1

Interesting considering I argued with someone that the Jags were looking at a permanent move at some point.

So now 1/4 of their home games are away.  How many does it take for me to start rubbing the other persons face in it that Khan has "no intention to move the team"?

Edited by The Wiz

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

its funny, i have debated with Bills folks for the last 3 years on the Fan Advisory Board..just make the preseason games free and divide whatever my total ticket price is by 8(allowing for the variable pricing)...i mean thats how i look at it anyway. If my total cost is $800, i just say its $100/game. That way my face is higher for every game as well, maybe i get more back on the games i need to sell.

They can never give me a good answer why they dont do this .

I bet it has something to do with revenue sharing and accounting.

5 hours ago, corta765 said:

To me it is the possible death knell to the Jags in Jax. As is I could see a lot of Jags fans saying why bother when you take 1/4 of our home games away from us and if fan support dries up (which might be the goal) it is easier to justify moving to London for good.

This is exactly what's happening. Khan is securing his claim to the London franchise. I guess Saint Doug will have to change his name to Sir Doug if he's still there.

• Like (+1) 1

Is this about that jungle book guy again...?

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

And you will never get a good answer.

What the league should do is play all preseason games at neutral sites. By "neutral" I mean play them in an area that is close to the home team. Why not play them at the local college stadiums? I'm sure this is something that could be manageable.

Why would teams give up money from parking, concessions, etc and have increased costs?  Unless there is some gain to team see no reason to do so.

I had a headhunter do a bait and switch on hire. I was hired for a job less than 10 minutes away from home and then I am called up and told company decided they wanted me in different location an hour away from me on good traffic days.  Told recruiter "That is not job I signed up for." and he hung up.  First day of new job he calls me "Where are you? It is first day of job!"  I told him "I told you that is not job I signed up for, staying at old.  I know people at company and if you don't tell them full story and blame me I will hear and sue you for slander." 

7 hours ago, H2o said:

I understand that aspect of it, but I can't see it being sustainable for the NFL as a whole. The players would have to pay taxes in the US and taxes overseas, because you know most of them aren't going to actually live there. It would be harder on players with families. It would mean that 8 teams would have to make the trip across the Atlantic on a yearly basis. It would also mean that the Jags would be flying back and forth from London to the US 8 times a year. It would be a crappy situation for everyone involved for the most part, but mainly the Jags players themselves. This is a hole of his own making though, Khan, so whatever happens rests squarely on his shoulders. 

Likely schedule for them would have 2-3 games home and away at a time not turn around and fly back next weekend.  I can see this really hurting team and surprised NFLPA has not objected to it like they have everything else.

7 hours ago, H2o said:

I understand that aspect of it, but I can't see it being sustainable for the NFL as a whole. The players would have to pay taxes in the US and taxes overseas, because you know most of them aren't going to actually live there. It would be harder on players with families. It would mean that 8 teams would have to make the trip across the Atlantic on a yearly basis. It would also mean that the Jags would be flying back and forth from London to the US 8 times a year. It would be a crappy situation for everyone involved for the most part, but mainly the Jags players themselves. This is a hole of his own making though, Khan, so whatever happens rests squarely on his shoulders. 

When Jaguars play teams in two west coast conferences this will be fun!

7 hours ago, corta765 said:

My greater fear is that regardless of a 17 game schedule which it sounds like the extra game is a neutral site international game, they force every franchise to align with a foreign city and mimic what the jags have been doing. If the money is great enough I could absolutely see that happening.

I wonder if the North Cuba Phish will get Havana as international city.

• Haha (+1) 1

Honestly I can’t feel bad for jags fans since they were one of the main crowds that was vocally supporting the Bills moving out of Buffalo when our team was up for bid. Karmas a B word ain’t it. I think the jags relocating was inevitable all those rumors years back about them going to LA now it’s London.  Only a matter of time before greedy khan relocates then to London permanently 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, msw2112 said:

While I'm not a fan of expanding the schedule, it appears to be inevitable.  The right answer is a 17th game at a neutral site, so that no team is forced to give up a home game (both the revenue and the home field advantage).

How is playing at neutral site not giving up revenue?  They still have to pay players for game.

Best way to handle it is AFC-NFC games.  One year AFC hosts extra game and following year NFC hosts extra game.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I can’t feel bad for jags fans since they were one of the main crowds that was vocally supporting the Bills moving out of Buffalo when our team was up for bid. Karmas a B word ain’t it. I think the jags relocating was inevitable all those rumors years back about them going to LA now it’s London.  Only a matter of time before greedy khan relocates then to London permanently 

On the local sportscast tonight, Khans top people in the Jags organization were adamant that he (Khan) wants to keep the Jags in Jacksonville “forever.” They wouldn’t be lying, would they? ?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

On the local sportscast tonight, Khans top people in the Jags organization were adamant that he (Khan) wants to keep the Jags in Jacksonville “forever.” They wouldn’t be lying, would they? ?

Thank god we have the Pegulas. Especially Kim Pegula who is a Buffalo native and has been a huge Bills supporter. All these other idiots on other sport sites like pro football talk are saying Pegulas could do the same lol. When it was known he bought the team to keep them here in Buffalo