Favorite ESPN 30 for 30 documentary

On 2/6/2020 at 5:12 AM, stuvian said:

Hillsborough moved me to tears

Forgot about that one....or maybe chose to block it out.  Just brutal.  Hard to fathom and infuriating that incompetence allowed it to happen.

The other great one I don't think anyone has mentioned is "Elway to Marino".  A wonderfully insightful account of the most impactful draft in history.  Can't even begin to imagine the media firestorm surrounding Elway and the sub-plot of that draft in this age.   Even aside from the QBs, that first round had some of the greatest HOFs, biggest busts and tragic stories in league history.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Forgot about that one....or maybe chose to block it out.  Just brutal.  Hard to fathom and infuriating that incompetence allowed it to happen.

The other great one I don't think anyone has mentioned is "Elway to Marino".  A wonderfully insightful account of the most impactful draft in history.  Can't even begin to imagine the media firestorm surrounding Elway and the sub-plot of that draft in this age.   Even aside from the QBs, that first round had some of the greatest HOFs, biggest busts and tragic stories in league history.

they need to do one on the Browns factory of sadness

On 2/6/2020 at 11:07 PM, bbb said:

What is with the length of these latest 30 for 30s?  The new one on Michael Vick is something like 2 and a half hours or more - and I still haven't finished the Rodman one because it's so long.  

The Vick episode is 3 1/2 hours which is ridiculous.  I fell asleep halfway through part one. 

That’s longer than it took Netflix to examine Aaron Hernandez, who was a serial killer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The Vick episode is 3 1/2 hours which is ridiculous.  I fell asleep halfway through part one. 

That’s longer than it took Netflix to examine Aaron Hernandez, who was a serial killer.

So it is a two parter?   I saw it trending again this week on twitter, and wondering why it's trending a week after it was on.............I'm pretty sure I'm about an hour and a half in and yet I haven't heard one word about dogs yet...........We didn't need this long to establish how good he was at football.  

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 9:37 AM, Gordio said:

Catholics Vs Convicts was really interesting, especially the part when the kid finally made it as a walk on for the basketball team & Digger Phelps had to dismiss him because of the business he was running & told him "you threw your life's dream away for a couple thousand bucks."  

The 30/30 are excellent, I wish they would make more of them.  The 4 falls of Buffalo was good I guess since it hit home, but I thought it was one of the fluffier 30 for 30s that ESPN ran.  I thought they should of been a bit harder on the Bills & dig into the parting & stuff like that but they went for the angle this team never gave up.  

I couldn't agree more, those were pretty much my exact thoughts when that one came out.  Maybe it's different because we are Buffalo fans and already familiar with the subject but I felt like that episode was more cookie cutter and didn't dive deep into the subject matter.  I thought they might've explored how the Bills notoriously partied all throughout the Super Bowl weeks and I also thought they could've examined the unique relationship between the region of WNY and the Bills and how big of a deal it was for the area that it was being put in the National spotlight for 4 years in a row. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Due to what has been happening this weekend, I would like to add that "This Was the XFL" was a very entertaining 30 for 30. Lots of funny stories in that one.

Also wanted to mention "Year of the Scab", about the Redskins Super Bowl run during the 1987 strike season. Great story.