McShay - Bills pass on WR and take RB Swift in 1st.

PIZ

50 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

where are the top ten rbs in the league this year drafted?   i'll hang up and listen

Hey you said "run like SF" so i just made the point that you dont need a 1st rd back to have success, because they havent needed one.

But you're right here, most of the top 10 rushers in the league are 1st rd picks for sure. But if u go out to top 15 the numbers change as 7 of those are not. However.

More important imo than top rushers are the top rushing teams. It does no good if you have Nick Chubb but still finish 6-10.

Out of the top 10 rushing teams, how many of those have a 1st rd back leading the way? It's 2.

2 teams out of 10. Tennessee & Dallas (Im not counting Baltimore because of Lamar). So once again that shows you don't need a 1st rd back to have success running the ball. As a matter of fact it kinda shows the inverse, that you're more successful without one. As long as you build your offense in other areas. Oline, TEs, WR's etc.

At this point would i hate us getting one? No not really. But it seems like a luxury pick where we have so many other areas to improve that would serve us better as a whole (as a team), since wins matter most & not personal stats. And as i just showed, you don't necessarily need a 1st rd back to be one of the top rushing teams in the league. As the top rushing teams dont even have one. Now you can hangup :P

13 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Really? Besides Tre there isn’t a real solid starter under contract. CB 2 is a very real need. 
Ask yourself this, if Tre gets hurt, how do you feel about the secondary?

Right on. Remember that feeling when Tre looked like he had a major injury??? Whew!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think he'd use a first on a rb. Is Singletary a 20-25 carry back? Not sure. I could see 2nd or 3rd though. I know peoples heads would explode, a lot around here hated the DS pick in the 3rd last year and who's not happy with it now? I'm a big Swift fan, so I would not hate the pick. I would rather see EDGE or WR, depending on how it plays out. But I can definitely the first 3 picks being RB, WR, EDGE, not necessarily in that order.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Right. We need dudes that opposing DCs worry about.

Right now, we’ve got one: the QB.

That’s it.

Yep, I agree 100%. We have some good football players at the skill positions in Brown, Beasley, Knox and Singletary (more so than the others IMO). With that being said they don’t keep anyone up at night. They can be contained and need volume to impact the game. The Bills need a guy or 2 that can scare you besides Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

The "Experts say" let's avoid some of the biggest needs on the team & take a player that we really don't have a big need for just because we are the "Football Experts" & they know whats best for the Bills ...

Although if it is the BPA it wouldn't surprise me if Beane & company went that direction but i hope there are other players there just as good or better for the Bills att heir pick ! 

8 hours ago, Philo said:

I just don't see it. I think they do draft a RB, but not until RD 3/4. Someone like Perine or Moss. 

Don’t know the players but that’s the game plan I’m rolling with and I would continue to add youthful backs every 2 years and have a trio of 0-4 year RBs it’s a cheap position that can be replaced with success 

We can't run Singletary 30 times a game.  What happens if he gets hurt?  TY Yeldon?  We want to improve the offense, and make it elite.  Swift is a play making, three down RB, with excellent receiving skills. The Bills could certainly use that.   Round 2 draft WR.  FA sign oline and veteran WR.  And if this is the plan, we must spend top$ on DE- Clowney, Jones, Yannick,

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

you want an offense like san fran's where we just run it down people's throats all year?  get another big time rb.  btw they catch passes too. you can get a wr in the second round as well. 

Great trying to follow the plan of the last Super Bowl team... Then lose again b.c you realize you aren't that team.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Great trying to follow the plan of the last Super Bowl team... Then lose again b.c you realize you aren't that team.

we need weapons on offense at both wr and rb. you gotta be able to run the ball as well as pass it. wr's can be found in the second round as well. 

Having another competant Rb is an offseason need.  Gores lack of effectiveness negativley effected the offense from the middle of October on.  Singletary is good for 15 to 20 touches.  Buffalo needs someone who can be on the field for half of the game at the Rb position.  Yeldon is a good 3rd option.

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Let's not waste a high pick on a running back when we already have a good one.

Don’t worry.  They won’t.

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Really? Besides Tre there isn’t a real solid starter under contract. CB 2 is a very real need. 
Ask yourself this, if Tre gets hurt, how do you feel about the secondary?

Wallace is more than solid.