are we overlooking the Lee Evans of this draft class?

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For what it's worth, he went on to a stacked playoff team in Baltimore and instead of being a Pro Bowler is now infamous for his bad drops in the AFC championship to hand the Super Bowl trip to New England. So...

Well let’s be fair here...

A - That was his last year

B - He did not drop the pass, the defender made a play and knocked it out of his hands.  

Myth around here out of bitterness that NE advanced and it was an ex-Bill involved is that it was a drop.  But it wasn’t a drop, it was knocked out of his hands in the motion of the catch thanks to an excellent play by the defender.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Breshad Perriman is 6'2" 215 lbs and is faster than Hill(5'10" 180). Bring him in to start opposite Brown and draft a top prospect with speed and size to develop.

I'm not opposed to getting Perriman, but while he ran his 40 a nanosecond faster than Hill, he is not the threat Hill is. Hill's short-area quickness and dime-cutting ability are off-the-charts great. Plus, height is one thing, but vertical is another and just as important. Hill's leaping ability is completely insane.  Perriman's vertical is 36.5, and Hill's is an unbelievable 40.5. Basically, he plays taller than Perriman because he can jump way higher.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000001065506/Next-Gen-Stats-Measuring-Tyreek-Hill-s-vertical-leap-on-46-yard-TD-grab

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

Why continue to ignore the Offense? Unless you think Buffalo is going to sign somebody big for WR in FA.

I think we really need to see why happens in FA first, but with Hughes seemingly  on the decline and questions over Shaq and Murphy returning, DE is just a big a need as WR...

I expect them to sign a WR and to draft at least one...A lot of good receivers will be available Round 2 and beyond like the last few years..

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lee Evans would have been a perennial pro bowler outside Buffalo.  People both forget and under estimate how good he was.  He was saddled with one of the worst of luck QB situations for a career. I mean they all sucked.  

That being said, I am not that familiar with the player in question.  But I will add, we already have a Lee Evans type player in Brown (although Evans was better with better hands).  This team needs a WR who is strong with great hands and some size.  

If we added someone comparable to Evans, great means we did add more talent.  BUT to best compliment this offense right now where we have a monster sized QB and the smallest starting 3 WRs in decades, give me someone with size, strong hands, strong route runner, and preferably some speed to go with that please.  

But no more small WRs.  We have a Goliath of a QB, he needs bigger targets too, not just Smurf’s.  

He’s 5’ 11” which is big enough when his other plus traits are taken into account. Namely, he’s one of the fastest WRs in the draft, can change directions at the drop of a dime, high points the ball very well, and has exceptional ball tracking ability on deep throws. I’ll be interested to see what his vertical (supposedly 40”) is as he can elevate and ***** the ball over bigger CBs. He’s also electric with the ball in his hands and can break the game open with bubble screens and jet sweeps. The biggest downsides are his concentration lapses and TCU route trees. I’d be content with him in the 1st. 

I’m not huge on highlight videos, but they provide some insight into the upside. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Ruggs or Shenault for me please.

Agreed, but I just watched some film of Jerry Jeudy and now I’m salivating.  Guy is going to be a WR1 from day one.  I know he’s a pipe dream for the Bills, but he’s going to have a great career.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

Jalen Reagor is fast,  similar in size to Tyreek Hill . I would take him and go with several TEs and Duke for big receivers. 

John Ross is fast like Hill too yet he hasn't shown to be a proven WR, speed while not coachable isn't the best skill to judge a WR. Instead it's an ability to cause separation and catch the ball. 

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Agreed, but I just watched some film of Jerry Jeudy and now I’m salivating.  Guy is going to be a WR1 from day one.  I know he’s a pipe dream for the Bills, but he’s going to have a great career.

that would be a big trade up. Reminds me of trading up for Sammy. 

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

Just wondering why Higgins isn’t included?

After watching him get shut down in the Championship game, I think he is going to struggle to get separation at the next level. 

16 hours ago, billvernsays said:

Jalen Reagor reminds me of Lee Evans so much after watching some of his best games. I will concede that his hands aren’t as good at this point but Lee Evans was 2 years older when he entered the league. 

Is this comparison just lazy or do other people see the same thing? 

It is a lazy Bills fan's perspective/comparison imo.  Look outside of the franchise.  BTW, Lee Evans was very overrated and his hands were not good when it mattered most.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Does every potential Bills prospect have to be the reincarnation of mediocre former Bill?

Coming from a guy whose handle espouses bringing back the epitome of a mediocre former Bill, this is well played.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

that would be a big trade up. 

I’m not advocating a trade up.  Too many good receivers this year.  I just wish Jeudy could somehow fall to us...like I said, pipe dream.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We don't need a Lee Evans type of WR.  We need an Eric Moulds type of WR.

I hate to bring up the name Duke around here, and even if he didn’t perform good enough, if you didn’t see how comfortable Allen was throwing to a big bodied receiver in the playoff game you weren’t paying close enough attention. I will be the first to admit I haven’t followed college receivers enough this year to be an expert I’ll leave that up to you guys to identify them, but we need at least one of these with decent speed and a big pass catching tight end to be successful. I don’t think we need any more smurfs no matter how good they are, smurfs get taken out with good game plans, big bodied with good hands are always open...

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

That’s why tape like this is better than highlights....

TCU vs Ohio State 2018

https://youtu.be/qoM2hYziW6Y

If we only ran screen passes, he'd be fun to watch. Other than that, lots of targets, not many catches. Bad QB or a little Duke in him.

Edited by BillsRdue

39 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

If we only ran screen passes, he'd be fun to watch. Other than that, lots of targets, not many catches. Bad QB or a little Duke in him.

Horrible QBs. IIRC, he played with 7-8 QBs over three years. He had a fair amount of drops, but the fourth lowest percentage of accurate passes from QBs. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1222633013642694656

There are other WRs I like more for this team, but I wouldn’t be upset with Reagor at all. The pick would make sense, especially if they nabbed a guy like Van Jefferson or Claypool later in the draft. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction