Greg Olsen visiting Bills, Redskins, Seahawks

FluffHead

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

We need better.  We need Kittle.  We need Kelce.  We need Gronk.  

Not a ***** relic in Olsen.  We need to demand better.

There is a kid out of FAU, Harrison Bryant, he won the mackey award. He was impressive vs Ohio state, looks like the total package at TE. Also played with Singletary. Could be a nice option in the draft to pair with Knox.i think he’s gone in the first 2 rounds but he’s very good. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

There is a kid out of FAU, Harrison Bryant, he won the mackey award. He was impressive vs Ohio state, looks like the total package at TE. Also played with Singletary. Could be a nice option in the draft to pair with Knox.i think he’s gone in the first 2 rounds but he’s very good. 

I saw him and the big kid from Dayton both did themselves a ton of good at senior bowl week 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Smith? You’ve got to be kidding me. better than Olsen? Good lord dude. 

Better than continuing to put Kroft on the field (which McD and Daboll kept doing).

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Question still remains. 

I'm not saying that I know where TO get that kind of talent.  I'm just saying that signing a player who has one foot and four toes on the sandy beaches of his retirement home is NOT that place to get it.

I really think the Bills believe they have something in Knox, and I don’t necessarily think they’re wrong. I don’t see them buying a 10 or 11 million dollar a year tight end if we’re talking Henry or Hooper but idk.

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So question: I've read in a couple of places that Olsen is NOT regarded as a good blocker.  What do you know about his blocking chops?

I didn’t watch the Panthers this year as they sucked and the Bills are in their ascendancy.
    GO was a very cabable blocker before the foot injury( s) and I’m not sure what his role was in Turners Offense but he blocked well in Shula’s scheme.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Codyny13 said:

I really think the Bills believe they have something in Knox, and I don’t necessarily think they’re wrong. I don’t see them buying a 10 or 11 million dollar a year tight end if we’re talking Henry or Hooper but idk.

Probably exactly why they are going after Olsen. They know they need more at the position, but have two young guys in Knox and Sweeney, and want a vet in every position room. I think they hang onto lee smith at his price rag and for what role he plays as a blocker, and swap out Kroft for Olsen if they can. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably exactly why they are going after Olsen. They know they need more at the position, but have two young guys in Knox and Sweeney, and want a vet in every position room. I think they hang onto lee smith at his price rag and for what role he plays as a blocker, and swap out Kroft for Olsen if they can. 

Unless Knox suddenly learns how to be sure handed GO is immediately the best TE on this team and our second leading receiver next year. 

5 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I love Knox.  I hate that he drops too many passes, but I haven't given up on him.  I just don't see the need to bring in a veteran - especially one who is in the last year or two of his career - to mentor him.  

That clearly didn't work last year. 

I also like Sweeney.  He should have been getting the playing time that the worthless piece of ***** Kroft got.

If McD and Beane still believe in Knox, then just keep him and Sweeney.  And don't forget about Jason Pegula.  He'll be back.

• Haha (+1) 4

I'm not big on signing Olsen for a lot of the reasons already stated. BUT, if signing Olsen means we cut Kroft & Smith & he takes over the mentoring/veteran role, & is good for at least 500 yards & 5 tds, & he signs for less than $5 Mil? Then i can be a buyer of that.

But if we throw out a 3 year 18 Mil deal at Olsen then oh hell no!

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I love Knox.  I hate that he drops too many passes, but I haven't given up on him.  I just don't see the need to bring in a veteran - especially one who is in the last year or two of his career - to mentor him.  

That clearly didn't work last year. 

I also like Sweeney.  He should have been getting the playing time that the worthless piece of ***** Kroft got.

If McD and Beane still believe in Knox, then just keep him and Sweeney.  And don't forget about Jason Pegula.  He'll be back.

I actually did 

Just now, brianthomas said:

I'm not big on signing Olsen for a lot of the reasons already stated. BUT, if signing Olsen means we cut Kroft & Smith & he takes over the mentoring/veteran role, & is good for at least 500 yards & 5 tds, & he signs for less than $5 Mil? Then i can be a buyer of that.

But if we throw out a 3 year 18 Mil deal at Olsen then oh hell no!

I don’t think Beane is that stupid and Olsen is looking for a ring at this point. He’s set financially and has a budding commentator career waiting for him when he retires.

This is a no brainer for him.

This mentor things is way oversold. They aren't Jedi. It's the NFL, not Karate Kid. Bruce Smith didn't have a mentor on the roster, neither did Kelly. Who was Thurman's "mentor", Rob Riddick? We need playmakers, not hand holding "mentors".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Codyny13 said:

Agreed. I think people are hyperfocused on Knox's drops, and disregarding the big picture.

The guy is really explosive after the catch. He's got the ABILITY to be a Kittle like TE if he can fix the dropsies. Gotta remember, he didn't have a ton of experience as a receiver coming in. 

I actually think he's got more "promise" than Singletary. 

Olsen would not be an exciting signing, but he's better than Kroft or Smith. If you have a chance to upgrade a position, you may as well do it.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1