Greg Olsen visiting Bills, Redskins, Seahawks

FluffHead

3 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Did we win?

He was on during Super Bowl week saying how he loves training(who loves that *****?) and just wants to get back into playing. I don't see it.

I hear ya...he was also saying on the XFL broadcast how much he’s enjoying the job and the time he’s had coaching his kids in sports etc.

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I hear ya...he was also saying on the XFL broadcast how much he’s enjoying the job and the time he’s had coaching his kids in sports etc.

It's hard for many of us to understand, because we so often take the time we have with our family for granted. Spending quality time with your children is NEVER a poor investment and if you're a Dad by choice, it's the most incredible and rewarding time you'll ever spend. For a Pro, they have to be unparalleled in their focus and the amount of energy it takes to remain at a high level is staggering. Every time they go to practice, work out, watch film, spend time at the facility, travel, play, etc. is time they're investing in their career and I hope their life's passion. But it's also a reallocation of a finite resource: time. 

If he chooses to retire, good for him...seriously, I would applaud any parent, in any situation, that makes the difficult career decision against their own desires for the benefit of being present for their kids. 

Edited by BigBuff423

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

And for the record, it’s only a hunch, but I believe Olsen will end up retiring.

Yeah I think the fact that he's working in broadcasting right now and I think is getting good reviews for his work(he's been good, IMO) is likely to lean him more toward retirement.

If he didn't have a job yet it might be a different story.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I think the fact that he's working in broadcasting right now and I think is getting good reviews for his work(he's been good, IMO) is likely to lean him more toward retirement.

If he didn't have a job yet it might be a different story.

One thing's for sure- If Badol predicts a guy is going into broadcasting/radio, it's bound to happen...

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen.  is now done with his visits and is in contract negotiations with the Bills, Redskins and Seahawks, per sourc

-Adam shefter 

WOW...I never heard of a player splitting time between three teams in one season.... I wonder what that contract would look like lol

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn't read the article but I think the Redskins make sense because of Rivera.  Other than that they make zeeeeeeeeeeero sense because they are bad and Olsen only has a few years left.  2?  Both the Bills and Seahawks have opportunity to go pretty far in the next 2 years, the Redskins don't.  At least not that I can see.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I didn't read the article but I think the Redskins make sense because of Rivera.  Other than that they make zeeeeeeeeeeero sense because they are bad and Olsen only has a few years left.  2?  Both the Bills and Seahawks have opportunity to go pretty far in the next 2 years, the Redskins don't.  At least not that I can see.

That’s kind of what I think too. I’d be surprised if he picked the Redskins (unless the money is substantially higher). It feels like he is either going to a contender for a year or two or to the booth. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Good point. I had been thinking that the Redskins would probably be the favorites to sign him because of familiarity with Rivera and a clearer path to playing time.

However, when you factor in that Olsen surely must want to spend his last year or two competing, and then you add in that the Bills have world class medical facilities and the One Bills Live thing going for them (an opportunity for Olsen to continue to develop his broadcasting skills), it makes Buffalo seem like a more realistic option....which of course means he'll likely sign with Seattle.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s kind of what I think too. I’d be surprised if he picked the Redskins (unless the money is substantially higher). It feels like he is either going to a contender for a year or two or to the booth. 

I think he’s going to the booth. If the money is even close it’s a no-brainer.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if teams ever negotiate a what-if scenario "handshake deal."

Example:  Olsen narrows it down to one team that he really likes, but doesn't want to put his body through the rigors of an entire season if it doesn't end with some postseason action.  For the purposes of this entirely made up scenario, let's say he decides that IF he's going to play, he only wants to play for the Bills.  Would Beane be willing (or legally able) to say, "Okay, Greg … if you promise to keep yourself in playing condition on your own time/while you're in the booth - and we end up getting to (9-3) through the first 13 weeks of the season - I'll give you a contract worth "x" amount of money to sign on for our likely playoff run."

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Exactly. Thought this the whole time. They actually have a good roster , minus QB imo.