Greg Olsen visiting Bills, Redskins, Seahawks

FluffHead

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

So let me get this straight,3 teams are in a bidding war over a waived 34 year old tight end that would rather be in the broadcast booth

-how nice

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Same thought. Starting to sound like a really bad idea. Even worse than Kroft idea. 

riigghhhhtttt. Because beane is obviously in a bidding war here. Get real guys. People who think this is any sort of bidding war obviously haven’t been paying attention to how he has operated for the last 3 years. 

there’s literally nothing bad about this move when done at a reasonable price. Which is exactly the only way Beane lets it happen. 

Also where he Olsen said he was seriously considering retiring. I’ve only heard it here on this board with no sources. He actions say something entirely different. He had 3 visit to PLAY FOOTBALL lined up immediately 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

What’s the rush exactly?

Um, so we can say we overpaid a geriatric player if we sign him for anything more than league minimum, or cry if he goes to another team and say McD can’t attract good free agents because everyone sucks.

Make your move Greg, I’m ready!

• Haha (+1) 1

I am fine with the TE room as it stands........... minus Lee Smith.

Lee Smith is useless.

Tyler Kroft came off as useless in 2019, but if the Bills fail to sign Olsen I really think they will role with the same 4 TE's 2020 that they had 2019.

McBeane might give Kroft 2020 to see if he is actually useful if the Olsen signing fails.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I predict if Olsen signs with Buffalo and has 2 good seasons he should and will be on our Wall of Fame.

Agreed lol.  Could be wearing a ring if that happens!  We should absolutely sign him.  We have boatloads of cash that we won’t be spending to cap.  Get the vet in here to teach Knox how to catch and be his daddy while leading us to the SB!

Edited by NewEra

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just decide already.  I don't want to see this thread hit 30 pages and then he decides to become a Nutrisystem spokesman.  

spokesperson

4 hours ago, wppete said:

I don’t think Knox should give up #88. Olsen can have #86. Close enough.

Edited by 3rdand12

3 hours ago, delirious said:

I wish he'd hurry up and make a decision

Why?

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

I predict if Olsen signs with Buffalo and has 2 good seasons he should and will be on our Wall of Fame.

Give me a ***** break.

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It doesn’t kill us not to get him

but it would help

Pretty much this. Beane is always looking for opportunities to upgrade. Getting a guy like this before FA even starts could be a beneficial head start. Plus they know him and what he can do, how he plays and prepares. If it doesn’t happen, lots of time to continue to build out that position. 

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty much this. Beane is always looking for opportunities to upgrade. Getting a guy like this before FA even starts could be a beneficial head start. Plus they know him and what he can do, how he plays and prepares. If it doesn’t happen, lots of time to continue to build out that position. 

But I think these are the types of moves GMs of potential super bowl contenders have to make.  I think the Bills and Seahawks could be in a slight bidding war.  

really take a good look at our tight end room.  You can’t tell me that adding Greg Olson wouldn’t significantly bolster it.  He’d be our best TE instantly 

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But I think these are the types of moves GMs of potential super bowl contenders have to make.  I think the Bills and Seahawks could be in a slight bidding war.  

really take a good look at our tight end room.  You can’t tell me that adding Greg Olson wouldn’t significantly bolster it.  He’d be our best TE instantly 

He would, but they can spend a lot on, say, Hooper instead and pair him with Knox. It’s early. But If Olsen is healthy and has the energy to keep playing, I’m all for it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio