Greg Olsen visiting Bills, Redskins, Seahawks

FluffHead

I'm hoping Olsen signs with Bills by Friday, and I like our odds.  The Bills are a playoff team on the up and up.   We have the best facilities in the NFL.  Classy organization, Beane has top cap acumen.  McDermott has the whole organization buying what he is selling.  I think Olsen drinks the kool aid, recognizes a great opportunity for himself and the Bills, and comes to the light

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, right?  All season, there would be some ridiculous throw and catch and I'd be "must be incomplete" then Dawson gets up with the ball and the LOS moves.

And then there would be an easy pitch-and-catch that would hit him right in the hands and fall to the turf.

It really looks like he's just taking his eye off the ball , a coachable issue imo. But overall I think Knox was a steal. I like that Jeremy Sharpey comparison when he ran over the Bengals. He does remind me of Shockey a bit  

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

My cousin said the same thing.

It’s going to come down to what he values in his twilight years.

If he wants the best chance to win a Super Bowl, he may end up in Seattle.

If he wants familiarity and the highest paycheck, he probably picks Washington.

If he wants a likely lesser chance at a Super Bowl than Seattle, but the best chance to leave his football career as healthy as possible, Buffalo’s the choice.

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If he wants a likely lesser chance at a Super Bowl than Seattle, but the best chance to leave his football career as healthy as possible, Buffalo’s the choice.

Getting Olsen won’t tip the scales in either direction for this team, so I am ? 

Those of you that are laughing at the positive responses are not well informed. Olsen still plays at a very high level and would be far and away our best TE. We'd still have to address the position in another 1-3 years if Knox and Sweeney don't develop much further, but we'd be much stronger at TE for 2020 at least. That said, I'd still prefer someone younger.

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Seattle seems like a great place for him, on the field at least. I think the Packers will be moving away from Jimmy Graham.  Does he have anything left? 

Ok - so he's past his prime & yet another ex-Panther that could possibly become a Buffalo Bill. However, this move could result in the end of Lee Smith's tenure on the roster of the Bills - just imagine the improvement we might see in holding penalties & pre-snap infractions - might be worth it just for that alone to have him as the new Frank Gore of the tight end room.

Just now, Bulldog said:

Ok - so he's past his prime & yet another ex-Panther that could possibly become a Buffalo Bill. However, this move could result in the end of Lee Smith's tenure on the roster of the Bills - just imagine the improvement we might see in holding penalties & pre-snap infractions - might be worth it just for that alone to have him as the new Frank Gore of the tight end room.

I don’t see the correlation with Lee Smith as they play different roles on the offense. Tyler Kroft would be the one who would be on the chopping block, I think.

• Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seattle seems like a great place for him, on the field at least. I think the Packers will be moving away from Jimmy Graham.  Does he have anything left? 

I think Graham is done.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t see the correlation with Lee Smith as they play different roles on the offense. Tyler Kroft would be the one who would be on the chopping block, I think.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Tranny?

We were talking about people's cousins without context.  I figured why limit it to cousins.  Aunts and Uncles and Aunts that turn into Uncles are fair game.

Anyway I'm still not clear on why this guy trusts his cousin so much about Olsen.  My tied for 5th cousin Brenda is a wonderful person but she doesn't know anything about football.  If Brenda said we'd be getting Olsen I wouldn't put much stock in that.

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh yeah well the Lightsabre-shaped immersion blender in my daughter's sister's step great-aunt's 3rd cupboard by marriage says "Done Deal, Bank on It!"

Is there a reason you're not calling your daughter's sister your daughter?