Greg Olsen visiting Bills, Redskins, Seahawks

FluffHead

12 minutes ago, teef said:

people are also using the .500 record for this staff in a strange way...as a total negative.  i get it's not a great win/loss record, but why not mention that they've been to the play offs 2 out of the three years here?  doesn't kyle shannahan have a worse 3 year record over that last three than mcd and staff.  he made it to the superbowl, so who cares about the 3 year record.  this team is in better shape now than they were before this staff took over.  i have no idea what the next few year will hold, but as of now i'm very optimistic.   others...well, they just like to whine.

Pam Yup

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's what I'm thinking too.  I wonder if Sweeney will be a regular on the game day roster next year?

...reluctantly agree.......but for how long can you use the "vet presence" mantra to sacrifice a roster spot?........Kroft was the poster boy for BCBS and Smith was a penalty machine......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

24 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Maybe Dawson Knox having a 2.5 yard per average better per catch average?

Maybe Olsen being 35 years old?

Maybe Olsen missing 18 games in the last three seasons?

Maybe Olsen having barely over 1,000 yards total in his last three seasons?

If the Bills wish to address TE in free agency, by all means go for it and pay someone that actually has had relatively good health over the last three years and whose numbers aren’t free falling during that time.

Hey, maybe we can get Jason Witten to come here while we are at it, right?

1000 yards is not the measuring stick for TEs there  guy.

Olsen is a top 10 TE.   Even at his age, he’d be the best Bills TE since McKeller and Metzalars.  How on earth could Bills fans be upset with a solid TE?  We haven’t had one in decades

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

This offense needs weapons.

Yeah we do.  Sign Olsen.  Sign lots of offensive FA.  Draft more

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Olsen is a top 10 TE.   Even at his age, he’d be the best Bills TE since McKeller and Metzalars.  How on earth could Bills fans be upset with a solid TE?  We haven’t had one in decades

Yeah we do.  Sign Olsen.  Sign lots of offensive FA.  Draft more

Because he has HEALTH CONCERNS and his production is declining.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Because he has HEALTH CONCERNS and his production is declining.

One injury in 13 years which set him back two years. 
Last year he player with Kyle Allen and Will Greer playing Dump off ball and still got 597???

If healthy Cam was in last year he has 1000 for the 4 th time in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It would be my understanding that Dawson would be the primary with Olson the number 2

This does not sound bad at all

It would sound absolutely lovely if Dawson Knox could catch the ***** ball.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Over a three year period guy?

Guess what?

This offense needs weapons.

I get what your saying.  Misunderstood you at first but I think he showed this season he can still play and I like the aspect of having a Gore at TE.

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

We need better.  We need Kittle.  We need Kelce.  We need Gronk.  

Not a ***** relic in Olsen.  We need to demand better.

Well we probably can’t get those so there’s that.

45 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...reluctantly agree.......but for how long can you use the "vet presence" mantra to sacrifice a roster spot?........Kroft was the poster boy for BCBS and Smith was a penalty machine......

When the rookies they're growing into good players become good vets.

21 hours ago, The Fiend said:

We could have had Ebron for free in the 2014 draft, but instead, we moved up to take Sammy. Sigh...

it was six years ago, no one is left from that regime, just sayin, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

We need better.  We need Kittle.  We need Kelce.  We need Gronk.  

Not a ***** relic in Olsen.  We need to demand better.

But he's from Carolina and will probably be overpaid when he signs here.  

Seriously, dump Kroft and roll with Smith, Sweeney, and Knox.  I'm not sure why we need Olsen or any other vet TE; probably Daboll's idea to have 8 TE's on the roster.

Anyone remember when we brought that 12 year vet and “ Old Man” of 33 James Lofton in and signed him. 
     He had 549 yards with the Raiders the year before we brought him in. He had a thousand yard season in his fourteenth year.

Olson is not done. He wouldn’t be riding the bench.

Remember those awesome drops by Knox and Beasely in the NE and Bal games? Olson catches those.

Knox and Sweeney are the only two worth keeping. Neither is solid yet. We are entering our Super Bowl window this next year with a QB who is still learning and growing. 
      Who is a young QBs two best friends?????

A dependable TE and a strong running game.

I like Hooper and Henry. If we can land one of them that is the route to go. If not, Olsen is a HUGE get. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Anyone remember when we brought that 12 year vet and “ Old Man” of 33 James Lofton in and signed him. 
     He had 549 yards with the Raiders the year before we brought him in. He had a thousand yard season in his fourteenth year.

Olson is not done. He wouldn’t be riding the bench.

Remember those awesome drops by Knox and Beasely in the NE and Bal games? Olson catches those.

Knox and Sweeney are the only two worth keeping. Neither is solid yet. We are entering our Super Bowl window this next year with a QB who is still learning and growing. 
      Who is a young QBs two best friends?????

A dependable TE and a strong running game.

I like Hooper and Henry. If we can land one of them that is the route to go. If not, Olsen is a HUGE get. 

I have been sounding off against  Olsen as Bill this late in his career.

But i would not pitch a fi i they brought him in.

Just Bills to try harder to raise the overall level of the TEs

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

oops

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Dawson will improve....he is already making the difficult catches and dropping the easy ones...the potential is there

He makes some impressive  plays ! I expect there is more where that came from : )

Edited by 3rdand12