Greg Olsen visiting Bills, Redskins, Seahawks

FluffHead

34 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Am I crazy to think that both Smith and Croft are gone and replaced by Olsen "vet leader" and another FA TE? That coupled with Knox and Sweeney gives the Bills a nice full stable in the modern NFL of multiple TE looks. Or is my dislike for "I'm a good blocker on one play, and the next play I brain fart a false start, or they actually call the holds I've been committing the whole game the next play."-Lee Smith

I think that for Daboll, it's important to have guys who are closer to dual-threats than Smith is (despite being lined up outside and sent deep on occasion).

When he has to change personnel to execute certain plays, I think it too readily becomes a "tell" for the defense and we haven't been as good as we could be about self-scouting this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Had to look this up........very current. Perhaps @Augie was at the premiere?

image.thumb.png.3f21f640bd3a5d0da9d79e490572b451.png

I had no idea on the date or the film - I've seen the book it's based on.  My MIL had it.

"Don't Eat the Daisies" was a common way to express a parent having to explicitly tell their kiddos not to do stuff the parent would never have thought about kids doing in some parenting blogs/online groups when my kiddo was of that age (about 15 years ago).

That's really where I think Daboll must be sometimes with Allen.  I picture Monday discussions with Mcdermott: "didn't you tell him never to hurdle a linebacker?" "IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME HE WOULD TRY!"  "didn't you tell him not to throw a lateral there?" "IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME HE WOULD TRY!" 

It's probably a good thing for Allen that Daboll is the parent of teenage/young 20s boys.  At least he has some prior exposure to that state of mind IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME HE WOULD TRY!

well, I like that the Bills notice the need for another good TE.  You look at the Ravens and Eagles, both have good, 2 young TE's.  The 49ers have 2 good TE's when the FB is lined up as a TE or WR.  I would love two good TE's.   The pressure on the D it can create is valuable.  

15 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is one of those “leaders in every position room” things that they’re all about.  They keep signing guys who are washed (Gore, Tolbert).  It’s time to stockpile TALENT.  If Olson can still play, great, but he looked worse this past year.

You gotta wonder with McD and his personality whether he's open to elite talent players who might challenge him.  Going back to the future and grabbing guys from Carolina is nice when you've started the rebuild process and there's a player's council.  Now that they're into the 4th off-season of rebuilding, I'd agree they need guys who can play, not quasi-player coach types. 

More importantly, they need more talent on offense and I'm not keen on someone who'll come in on a 1 year deal at this point who could take snaps away from developing types like Knox and Sweeney.

19 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

@AdamSchefter: Add Seattle to the list of teams interested in former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen, per source. Olsen will be taking a visit to Seattle.

I no longer like our chances. 

Did you want to like our chances?

I don't have a problem bringing him in, but I was overall "Meh" about counting on a 35 year old 13-yr vet as a serious season-long contributor.

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You gotta wonder with McD and his personality whether he's open to elite talent players who might challenge him. 

???

I am not sure what that means.  Do you feel Tre White, Tre Edmunds, and Ed Oliver aren't elite talent players?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you want to like our chances?

I don't have a problem bringing him in, but I was overall "Meh" about counting on a 35 year old 13-yr vet as a serious season-long contributor.

I think his value goes beyond just his own performance.  I would love Knox being around Olsen instead of Kroft for a season

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am not sure what that means.  Do you feel Tre White, Tre Edmunds, and Ed Oliver aren't elite talent players?

Let's look at players who are coming up on contract extensions.  White will be the first and is set to make big dollars. 

If there's any kind of issue in those negotiations I'm very interested to see how McD handles it, because he leads this organization.

We don't know right now.

And BTW, Edmunds and Oliver are too young and/or not accomplished enough to be considered "elite" at their positions.

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

You gotta wonder with McD and his personality whether he's open to elite talent players who might challenge him.  Going back to the future and grabbing guys from Carolina is nice when you've started the rebuild process and there's a player's council.  Now that they're into the 4th off-season of rebuilding, I'd agree they need guys who can play, not quasi-player coach types. 

More importantly, they need more talent on offense and I'm not keen on someone who'll come in on a 1 year deal at this point who could take snaps away from developing types like Knox and Sweeney.

You don't have to wonder.  If McDermott really felt like this, we wouldn't have drafted Oliver.  A guy who already challenged his college head coach and has big personality.  

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You don't have to wonder.  If McDermott really felt like this, we wouldn't have drafted Oliver.  A guy who already challenged his college head coach and has big personality.  

i really wonder where ideas like that are born.