Greg Olsen visiting Bills, Redskins, Seahawks

FluffHead

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

With a bit more tread on the tire...

My favorite Panther but based on injury history, he will be on the field about 10 games.  When on the field though the guy makes contested catches like few I have ever seen and he still has that skill based on what I saw last year.

Would love this weighing all the positives and negatives.  I think Tyler Kroft is likely a goner if this happens.

Replace a young guy with a bad foot with an old guy with a bad foot 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Would you be ok with signing Olsen and turning the page on Tyler Kroft?  Maybe Lee Smith too?

...or he wants to end his career playing for a coach he knows and respects?

MCD will be love that Olsen thinks of him that way!

26 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is great news.  I think this guy still has gas in the tank and he would be a fantastic mentor to Sweeney & Knox and security blanket for Allen.  Here's to hoping!

If he can stay healthy

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve actually come around on this since it first came out that he’d be free... if they see him as a replacement for Kroft, and they don’t want to bring in any big name TE cause they like what they have in Knox and Sweeney, I’d be happy with this. 

Whether or not you like this specific move- I think it needs to be stated how refreshing it is to be a properly run organization. We’re doing this the day after the Super Bowl... previous FO’s wouldn’t be back from vacation until the week before the combine!

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Fake news, nobody visits the Redskins

Actually just a tour of DC. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Replace a young guy with a bad foot with an old guy with a bad foot 

Essentially but an old guy with a bad foot and a much better track record than the young guy with the bad foot... ?

• Haha (+1) 1

People do understand Hooper has to WANT to come here, right? And do people want them to give him an unprecedented amount of money to sign him? Same goes for Hunter Henry.  Hooper is a California boy who played at Stanford and then in Atlanta. I doubt he’s going to want to move to the northeast. Basically said as much during pro bowl interviews. 

Also, Beane and McDermott are looking for “market definiencies”. They want to guys who will give similar value for less money. I think people are looking too hard at Kelce/Kittle and believe we need someone like that. Honestly if I had to pick between Hooper and Knox of who had the potential to put up those types of numbers, it’d be close. Knox has A TON of potential. Adding a guy like Olsen who can teach so much about the game to a guy like Knox will be so advantageous to his development. Similar to what Gore has seemed to do for Singletary. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He played 14 games last year, 52 catches and almost 600 yards, more than our TEs  combined. Knox had 28 for 322 in 15 games. Sweeney 8 for 119 and penalty machine Lee Smith 4 for 31, Kroft 11 for 71. And he did that without Cam Newton. I think it's a solid move if we get rid of Croft and Smith.

• Like (+1) 4

Olsen has been a good player for years. Injuries aside, he's always made plays.

Tbh, all of the TEs, apart from Smith, could learn a great deal from him.  And given his production, he immediately improves the group.

That's what the off season in particular is all about - improving as much as possible. Adding Olsen = improving the TE position.

• Like (+1) 1