Rush Limbaugh reveals diagnosis of advanced lung cancer

ALF

Biden: 

“I mean, if you read some of the things that Rush has said about people, their backgrounds, their ethnicity, how he speaks to them. I don’t think he speaks, I don’t think he understands the American code of decency and honor.”

• Haha (+1) 1

As a Canadian I had very limited exposure to Limbaugh. One recollection was his short lived tenure on one of the NFL pregame shows (ESPN?). There he dismissed Donovan McNabb as some kind of undeserved affirmative action show pony. It was clear that his presence was divisive and disturbing to those present including Tom Jackson. At the time, McNabb was leading the Eagles to repeated playoff berths. That episode struck me that his entire act was one of division and discord.

Anyone who succeeds in radio for that long must have touched a nerve and developed a following. Like many right wing talk show hosts I found him to be an apologist for the 1% and their total domination of the political arena.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, Tiberius said:

Not sure, I was watching Sabres game...for some reason 

Oh my.  I'm sorry.  Was it bum night or something?  Gotta fill seats somehow, certainly not from freaking winning anything.  They are beyond frustrating.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:49 AM, B-Man said:

No she was not.

She only attends Democrat SOTUs

I wish I was kidding.

Not a partisan hack move at all.

.....JUST A SAD, SAD NATIONAL SICKNESS to say awesome about a cancer stricken victim...........whether you agree or disagree with his views or his counterpart(s) on the other side, you actually cheer being diagnosed with this dreaded disease?....good Lord how low we are sinking.......and if your rebuttal is "Trump's fault", save yourself the embarrassment of sinking to the level of this teacher.....we're talking about fellow man regardless who resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave....and of course in the end, the Teachers Union will protect her.....

Wisconsin teacher allegedly calls Rush Limbaugh's cancer diagnosis 'awesome,' gets placed on leave

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

A Wisconsin public school teacher was reportedly placed on leave this week after he allegedly called Rush Limbaugh's advanced cancer diagnosis "awesome" and said he hopes the radio host's death is painful.

"limbaugh absolutely should have to suffer from cancer. it's awesome that he's dying, and hopefully it is as quick as it is painful,” Travis Sarandos, who teaches in Milwaukee, allegedly tweeted Monday, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Sarandos was replying to another tweet whose author said they hoped Limbaugh recovered quickly and would advocate for affordable health care for everyone, the newspaper reported.

The teacher's tweet sparked a backlash after local radio host Mark Belling posted it on his blog Tuesday.

Milwaukee Public Schools first said Sarandos did not speak for the district but later confirmed he had been placed on leave.

Limbaugh announced on his radio show Monday that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

On Tuesday night, President Trump awarded Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, during the State of the Union address at the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wisconsin-teacher-placed-on-leave-for-calling-rush-limbaughs-cancer-diagnosis-awesome

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....JUST A SAD, SAD NATIONAL SICKNESS to say awesome about a cancer stricken victim...........whether you agree or disagree with his views or his counterpart(s) on the other side, you actually cheer being diagnosed with this dreaded disease?....good Lord how low we are sinking.......and if your rebuttal is "Trump's fault", save yourself the embarrassment of sinking to the level of this teacher.....we're talking about fellow man regardless who resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave....and of course in the end, the Teachers Union will protect her.....

Wisconsin teacher allegedly calls Rush Limbaugh's cancer diagnosis 'awesome,' gets placed on leave

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

A Wisconsin public school teacher was reportedly placed on leave this week after he allegedly called Rush Limbaugh's advanced cancer diagnosis "awesome" and said he hopes the radio host's death is painful.

"limbaugh absolutely should have to suffer from cancer. it's awesome that he's dying, and hopefully it is as quick as it is painful,” Travis Sarandos, who teaches in Milwaukee, allegedly tweeted Monday, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Sarandos was replying to another tweet whose author said they hoped Limbaugh recovered quickly and would advocate for affordable health care for everyone, the newspaper reported.

The teacher's tweet sparked a backlash after local radio host Mark Belling posted it on his blog Tuesday.

Milwaukee Public Schools first said Sarandos did not speak for the district but later confirmed he had been placed on leave.

Limbaugh announced on his radio show Monday that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

On Tuesday night, President Trump awarded Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, during the State of the Union address at the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wisconsin-teacher-placed-on-leave-for-calling-rush-limbaughs-cancer-diagnosis-awesome

People say stuff like this all the time. (TBD off the wall comes to mind.) You just have your panties in a bunch because it was said about your hero. You wouldn’t give a ***** if it was said about the guy working at the 7-11. Of course her union will protect her. All she did was say something. Something nasty and mean yes, but she didn’t try and kill the guy. 

8 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

People say stuff like this all the time. (TBD off the wall comes to mind.) You just have your panties in a bunch because it was said about your hero. You wouldn’t give a ***** if it was said about the guy working at the 7-11. Of course her union will protect her. All she did was say something. Something nasty and mean yes, but she didn’t try and kill the guy. 

I see your reading comprehension needs a little work. If you are going to show off your total lack of compassion and worth as a human being then you should get the story right. With that in mind, I don't wish for you to suffer or burn in hell. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I see your reading comprehension needs a little work. If you are going to show off your total lack of compassion and worth as a human being then you should get the story right. With that in mind, I don't wish for you to suffer or burn in hell. 

Sorry, I was thinking about your mom while writing that. 

This is why everybody here despises you. I'd tell you to stay classy but we both know that would be impossible since you've never even seen classy from a distance. If PPP threw a party everyone here would tell you it was this Thursday when it's really on Wednesday. Your numerous remarks regarding other poster's family members are not only childish but they cross a line here that you shouldn't even approach. I regret spending even what little time I have responding to you. 

• Like (+1) 1

RUSH SPEAKS: HIS BIG DAY

The Era of Limbaugh.

Limbaugh is not fringe. His views fit in the conservative mainstream. He idolizes Buckley. “He was a fundamental individual in helping me to be able to explain what I believed instinctively, helping me to explain it to others,” Limbaugh said last year. The ideas are the same but the salesman is different. Limbaugh is Buckley without the accent, without the Yale credentials, without the sailboat and harpsichord. Limbaugh is a college dropout from Cape Girardeau, Missouri, who spends Sundays watching the NFL and speaks in plain language. His background connects him to the audience—and to the increasingly working-class Republican voter.

Limbaugh entered stage right just as Ronald Reagan made his exit. He took from Reagan the sense that America’s future is bright, that America isn’t broken, just its liberal political, media, and cultural elites. “He rejected Washington elitism and connected directly with the American people who adored him,” Limbaugh said after Reagan’s death. “He didn’t need the press. He didn’t need the press to spin what he was or what he said. He had the ability to connect individually with each American who saw him.” The two men never met.

Limbaugh assumed Reagan’s position as leader of the conservative movement. In a letter sent to Limbaugh after the 1992 election, Reagan wrote, “Now that I’ve retired from active politics, I don’t mind that you have become the Number One voice for conservatism in our Country. I know the liberals call you the most dangerous man in America, but don’t worry about it, they used to say the same thing about me. Keep up the good work. America needs to hear ‘the way things ought to be.'”

Read the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is why everybody here despises you. I'd tell you to stay classy but we both know that would be impossible since you've never even seen classy from a distance. If PPP threw a party everyone here would tell you it was this Thursday when it's really on Wednesday. Your numerous remarks regarding other poster's family members are not only childish but they cross a line here that you shouldn't even approach. I regret spending even what little time I have responding to you. 

you guys had a party?  Was @Buffalogal there?  She seems nice, if she didn't tell me what's the point?  

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Frankly, I like having him here. Many Democrats are in denial about the type of people who stick true to their party. We can chat about the incredible lack of intelligence, self-accountability and independent thought that comprises the Dem NPC base.

But Q-tip brings it to freaking life. He personifies it. You can read every incoherent, monosyllabic quip and realize the Dem's incredible meltdown over Trump is alive and well three year's in.

It's glorious. It's like having our own AOC on the board, but less intelligent.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Frankly, I like having him here. Many Democrats are in denial about the type of people who stick true to their party. We can chat about the incredible lack of intelligence, self-accountability and independent thought that comprises the Dem NPC base.

But Q-tip brings it to freaking life. He personifies it. You can read every incoherent, monosyllabic quip and realize the Dem's incredible meltdown over Trump is alive and well three year's in.

It's glorious. It's like having our own AOC on the board, but less intelligent.

Yes, but how many of them do we need to remind us how morally, intellectually and philosophically bankrupt the Left is? 

17 hours ago, stuvian said:

As a Canadian I had very limited exposure to Limbaugh. One recollection was his short lived tenure on one of the NFL pregame shows (ESPN?). There he dismissed Donovan McNabb as some kind of undeserved affirmative action show pony. It was clear that his presence was divisive and disturbing to those present including Tom Jackson. At the time, McNabb was leading the Eagles to repeated playoff berths. That episode struck me that his entire act was one of division and discord.

Anyone who succeeds in radio for that long must have touched a nerve and developed a following. Like many right wing talk show hosts I found him to be an apologist for the 1% and their total domination of the political arena.

It struck a nerve because it was true.

• Like (+1) 1