Rush Limbaugh reveals diagnosis of advanced lung cancer

ALF

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

If you have witnessed what Cancer does to someone, you would never think such a thing

Who knows, maybe he would still feel the same.

6 hours ago, westside2 said:

This is a perfect example of the "tolerant" left. They are such a hateful group of miserable people. Even after saying that, I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Politics be damned.

Sad indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KRC said:

The "tolerant" left showing their "tolerance."

May God have mercy on the souls of those who wish bad upon others.  That's a self-inflicted burden that I wouldn't want to take with me to the next life and try attempting to defend. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The "left" is the moral compass of this nation. The right is nothing more than hate, anger, ignorance and bravado

...heading "South" pretty damn fast...…...same direction they want to take the country.....DOWN...…….SMH...……..

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rob's House said:

By all accounts, this is a good and decent man who treats others with courtesy, kindness, and compassion

I'm not certain you understand the meaning of the word "all."

Cancer is a horrible thing no matter who it hits, but this man has belittled and ridiculed so many over the course of his career it can't be a "surprise" that some wouldn't be overflowing with empathy.

I hope the guy doesn't have to deal with an excruciating, painful, drawn out sickness and the end comes quickly, for both his and his family's sake.  I'll never respect what he "stands for."

51 minutes ago, eball said:

Cancer is a horrible thing no matter who it hits, but this man has belittled and ridiculed so many over the course of his career it can't be a "surprise" that some wouldn't be overflowing with empathy.

I hope the guy doesn't have to deal with an excruciating, painful, drawn out sickness and the end comes quickly, for both his and his family's sake.  I'll never respect what he "stands for."

By "all accounts" I mean the accounts of those I've heard from who have ever known him personally.

I disagree with your premise that he has belittled and ridiculed so many people. Sure, he criticizes and makes fun of politicians and media figures, but they're fair game, and he doesn't do it in a way that exceeds (or even reaches) the level of anything you'd see on CNN or MSNBC every night of the week.

And I'm not surprised people who don't like him (mostly on reputation, I might add) aren't overwhelmed with empathy, but those people could have the decency to keep their thoughts to themselves.

It's nice that you kept it classy, although I'm curious as to how accurately you could describe what it is he stands for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

...who said you had to?......his political views and now an advanced cancer victim are mutually exclusive events......SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg is an obvious liberal but the thread about her pancreatic cancer diagnosis was civil........do I espouse her views?....no...do I wish her the best in her fight?....DAMN RIGHT...........

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Do you find the political satire of the left deeply offensive? When all the late night shows and comedians routinely ridicule and belittle those they disagree with, calling them racist, homophobe, backwards bigots, is that okay because you happen to agree with them? But when someone effectively turns satire on them, it's just so mean and nasty and bigoted, so much so that hordes of social justice warriors are publicly expressing their joy that a fellow human being is facing a gruesome ordeal just because they consider his political views objectionable -- truly deplorable.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Forcing a room full of Democrats to have to watch Rush Limbaugh receive the medal of honor is the greatest own the libs moment in American history 

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

IIRC, nobody posted trash like this in the Ginsburg/cancer thread. Bad look for your "side."

Go read it again. There were a few pretty ***** comments. The right is no better than the left when it comes to nasty comments. Get over yourselves. 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I don't think anyone told Rush he was getting the award ahead of time.  He looked clearly shocked.

Quite literally the only time I can remember when he was speechless.

I know his chances probably aren't very good, but I sure as hell hope he beats it. And ***** all of you who would wish him ill.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1