Rush Limbaugh reveals diagnosis of advanced lung cancer

ALF

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'm relieved  this sad thread has stayed respectful . I  don't agree with his views but have nothing but compassion and prayers for him. My father died of lung cancer , smoking during the depression and serving in WW11 took it's toll on his nerves. 

World War Eleven!  Was that on Melmac?  Holy crap... My nerves would be shot too!  Your father is a BRAVE Alien Life Form!

J/K

WWII (Roman Numerals)... /wink_wink

CALLER: If you’re in an environment where somebody smokes, you can get secondhand disease from —

RUSH: No.

CALLER: — secondhand smoke.

RUSH: No. You can’t. That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.

Source

CDC: "Secondhand smoke exposure contributes to approximately 41,000 deaths among nonsmoking adults and 400 deaths in infants each year. "

Rush on nicotine:

“There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”

Rush on the genocide of American Indians:

“Columbus saved the Indians from themselves.”

Rush on Michael J Fox having parkinsons disease:

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush on African Americans voting:

“[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

Rush on the NFL:

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

Rush on global warming:

“If you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in man-made global warming."

Rush on global warming 2:

"Global warming relies on the theory that we are destroying ecosystems. There is no evidence that we could destroy ecosystems."

Rush on global warming 3:

"For years I’ve pointed out that global warming is bogus."

Rush on feeding poor children in public school:

“If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple.”

Rush on a 13 year old girl:

"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?” (Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton)

Rush on exercise:

“Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.”

Rush on feminism:

"Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.”

Rush on LGBT:

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.”

Rush on people in the military who didn't support the Iraq War:

"The phony soldiers."

Rush on women:

"Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier."

Rush on women protesting sexual harassment:

“They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”

Rush on the homeless population:

"Isn't that how the homeless became homeless? They used to be institutionalized and a bunch of liberals came along and said, "They have rights! You can't keep them there"?"

Rush on the heterosexuality:

"Heterosexuality may be 95, 98 percent of the population. [Heterosexuality is] under assault by the 2 to 5 percent that are homosexual.”

Rush on legalizing gay marriage:

I simply asked you to think what was your first reaction when you heard first about gay marriage? And I said you’re probably having the same reaction here. And gay marriage is now standard, normal operating procedure. [Pedophilia] could be, too.

Rush on what criminals look like:

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”.

Rush on Sandra Fluke who testified that women should have access to affordable contraceptives:

"It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We're the pimps. (interruption) The johns? We would be the johns?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

CALLER: If you’re in an environment where somebody smokes, you can get secondhand disease from —

RUSH: No. You can’t. That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There’s no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you.

Source

CDC: "Secondhand smoke exposure contributes to approximately 41,000 deaths among nonsmoking adults and 400 deaths in infants each year. "

Rush on nicotine:

“There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush on the NFL:

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

Rush on global warming:

“If you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in man-made global warming."

"Global warming relies on the theory that we are destroying ecosystems. There is no evidence that we could destroy ecosystems."

“If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple.”

"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?” (Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton)

Rush on exercise:

Rush on feminism:

"Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.”

Rush on LGBT:

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.”

"The phony soldiers."

Rush on women:

“They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”

"Isn't that how the homeless became homeless? They used to be institutionalized and a bunch of liberals came along and said, "They have rights! You can't keep them there"?"

"Heterosexuality may be 95, 98 percent of the population. [Heterosexuality is] under assault by the 2 to 5 percent that are homosexual.”

I simply asked you to think what was your first reaction when you heard first about gay marriage? And I said you’re probably having the same reaction here. And gay marriage is now standard, normal operating procedure. [Pedophilia] could be, too.

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”.

Rush on Sandra Fluke who testified that women should have access to affordable contraceptives:

"It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We're the pimps. (interruption) The johns? We would be the johns?

Yayyyyy. You found the anti-Rush talking points. “I hope his cancer is extra extra painful”. What a dumb ass post. Get a friggin life. 

• Like (+1) 10

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Source

Rush on nicotine:

Rush on the NFL:

Rush on global warming:

Rush on exercise:

Rush on feminism:

Rush on LGBT:

"The phony soldiers."

Rush on women:

I'd like to send this crap back from whence it came.  PPP is not you asswhole's waste basket. You guys call this place here the dungeon but are capable of spewing such hate? Shame on you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

I'd like to send this crap back from whence it came.  PPP is not you asswhole's waste basket. You guys call this place here the dungeon but are capable of spewing such hate? Shame on you.

Amen.

The thread should have been closed due to hate filled replies.

Not moved.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Wacka said:

He says “Here in my formerly nice fine stained fingers”. I know he has smoked cigars recently. The prognosis is not good. My dad had small cell carcinoma and they couldn’t operate because the tumor was wrapped around the nerve to his heart. The survival rate back 30 years ago was 5 %. Even with the advances it is maybe 10 %. 

99% sure that back in the very early 90's (when GHWB was in the WH) he made a big deal out of being a smoker and would say he was holding a piece of paper in his "nicotine stained fingers."  Sometime late '90's it switched to "formerly nicotene stained fingers."

Rush Limbaugh is a legend, but he's more that that. He's more than a talk show host, political figure, or icon. He is a man of conviction who has meant so much to so many people. He is a man of integrity who speaks from the heart and truly believes in the values he espouses.

He's a guy from Missouri with traditional American values. He cares about family, God, country, and freedom. Not everyone shares his views and that's okay. Decent people can appreciate others who have different outlooks. 

By all accounts, this is a good and decent man who treats others with courtesy, kindness, and compassion. In addition to being a great talent, he's also a great person. He has brought joy and comfort to tens of millions of people for decades.

Today is a very emotional day for many of us. Although I've not listened as often in recent years, Rush has been a constant in my life since I first heard him on the radio in the car with my dad when I was just a kid some 30 years ago. 

We never really know who celebrities are. We think the character on the big screen is the actor who plays him, but that's an illusion. With a guy like Rush it's different. Talking unscripted for 3 hours a day is so much more personal. He may be putting his best foot forward, but you still get a feel for the man behind the microphone. After years of listening, I may not know him personally, but I kind of feel like I do.

That's why this news is so difficult. It's worse than hearing that an actor, politician, or athlete that you like has fallen ill. It's almost like getting the news about a friend.

I'm not a religious man, but I will be saying a prayer for El Rushbo tonight. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Meh, can't say I feel bad for such a horrible person......

Why is he horrible?

What, you don't agree with his politics so that makes him a horrible person?

Did he piss on you or something?

This is one of the most classless posts I have ever seen on this board. And that is saying something.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

This is a perfect example of the "tolerant" left. They are such a hateful group of miserable people. Even after saying that, I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Politics be damned.

Ironic how the Tolerant Left can so easily dehumanize somebody because they disagree with their political views

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I don't agree with his politics, or at least the division that he feeds people from his show...

But he is a radio legend.  To fill that much time on a show that is formatted the way it is takes immense talent in his field.  

I agree.  An amazing talent who recognized a slight media bias to the left at the time so he was smart enough to go far right and gained a mass following.  He is also very funny at times which is hard to pull off as a conservative.

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

That’s direct quotes from El-Rushbo 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Amen.

The thread should have been closed due to hate filled replies.

Not moved.

Should I delete the thread ? I was hoping it would stay respectful that's why I put it in off the wall. 

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

EXCELLENT post.......the downward spiral in this country towards our fellow man in a time of need is beyond despicable.....

....such ignorance seems to be the norm today......we're sinking to depths I NEVER thought were possible......

I know....next thing you know we will deify a rapist and elect a known crook who pays off hookers he banged while his wife was pregnant...then used government aid meant to fight the Russians to help his election campaign...only to be completely aided by a political party and a media machine with people like Rush to get away with it....GOOD TIMES INDEED

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Should I delete the thread ? I was hoping it would stay respectful that's why I put it in off the wall. 

That would be up to you of course.

As Rob said, it does point out the classless posters.