Rush Limbaugh reveals diagnosis of advanced lung cancer

ALF

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Given the players here this probably will get moved to PPP at some point.  I don't wish cancer on anyone but it seems to me that he was a heavy smoker at times in his life.  Having witnessed people suffering from that while I was pretty young was the deterrent needed so I never took smoking up myself.  

My Grandmother, lived in Buffalo her whole life.  She lived to be 103.  Her eyesight was failing but she used to leave her radio nailed to WBEN.  Rush is on WBEN.  My Grandmother was a Roosevelt Dem.  When I reminded her that Rush was a Republican, she told me; "OH NO. he's a conservative!!"  Never argue with Gram!

I have heard him refer to his "formerly nicotine stained  fingers" now maybe it's caught up with him.  Have to wish him the best, as I would try to do for anyone else.  I know he can afford the best of care, and that's a blessing for him.

• Like (+1) 3

One of my former (now retired) bosses is currently laying in hospice thanks to advanced lung cancer.  Between cancer and the treatments he barely looks like himself.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Like (+1) 4

I heard the announcement live, quite sobering.

"I know you (listeners) are out there ... I can feel it"

"I have a relationship with God"

Whatever your political stand, you have to agree Rush is an amazing communicator. He gets complex material across, often with humor.

I, for one, wish him the very best.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

So yeah, you don’t care that somebody probably received a cancer death sentence because you don’t like his politics .... fine human being you are 

EXCELLENT post.......the downward spiral in this country towards our fellow man in a time of need is beyond despicable.....

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If you have witnessed what Cancer does to someone, you would never think such a thing

....such ignorance seems to be the norm today......we're sinking to depths I NEVER thought were possible......

• Like (+1) 3

I ***** hate Limbaugh’s politics but I think what he did in helping to sensational news and news commentary is out right awful and the damage he did to the nations discourse is going to be felt for decades. 

That being said I can’t deny how much of an impact he had on broadcasting. He basically took the Imus/Howard Stern method of shock jock broadcasting and applied it to politics while adding in a false sense of urgency to help make the news seem more interesting. He really did find a way to sensationalize the news and bring a level of intrigue to it. I also can’t say that he deserves such a horrid fate as I would almost never wish this type of fate on anyone. 

But I do really think the like of him and the people who followed in his footsteps (Hannity, Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Milo, and Steven Crowder) have irreparably damaged the nation by damaging the ability to have discourse and prioritizing intrigue of intelligent discourse and prompting a right wing victimhood mentality that is annoying as they will often proclaim themselves the victim of everything while complaining that their characterization of “The Left” are constantly proclaiming themselves to be the victim. 

That isn’t to say there aren’t bad actors on “the left” but I think Rush was the ground zero for a lot of what would turn the American right a lot farther right. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Was he a smoker, or was this non tobacco related?  I know cancer is cancer, but I always feel worse when a non smoker gets lung cancer.  One of my best friends mom just recently passed from it. Never smoked a day in her life. 

• Sad 1

He says “Here in my formerly nice fine stained fingers”. I know he has smoked cigars recently. The prognosis is not good. My dad had small cell carcinoma and they couldn’t operate because the tumor was wrapped around the nerve to his heart. The survival rate back 30 years ago was 5 %. Even with the advances it is maybe 10 %. 

I'm relieved  this sad thread has stayed respectful . I  don't agree with his views but have nothing but compassion and prayers for him. My father died of lung cancer , smoking during the depression and serving in WWll took it's toll on his nerves. 

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1