KC 2020-21 Opener

corta765

With the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl they will host the first game of the 2020-21 season on Thursday Night Football. Last year was an oddity with it being the NFL's 100th season so the Patriots got booted to Sunday Night Football as the NFL prioritized the Packers against the Bears as the first game of the year. But with the NFL's brightest star and a SB title the Chiefs should be hosting the opener.

With that said it will be interesting to see who as the Chiefs host a lot of big profile teams. I had thought that the Bills may finally host the Patriots week 1 at home as they are not in the Super Bowl, but with the Chiefs winning the title I could easily see the Patriots going to KC for the opener. The Texans are also a top contender given the playoff game they just had. I think much depends on where Brady ends up. It has been rumored that Brady may go to the Chargers or Raiders also who could easily become a top attraction for opening night. My guess is right now the Chiefs will face Texans, but it will be quite interesting who the Chiefs face as much of the Bills schedule faces KC.

45 minutes ago, corta765 said:

With the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl they will host the first game of the 2020-21 season on Thursday Night Football. Last year was an oddity with it being the NFL's 100th season so the Patriots got booted to Sunday Night Football as the NFL prioritized the Packers against the Bears as the first game of the year. But with the NFL's brightest star and a SB title the Chiefs should be hosting the opener.

With that said it will be interesting to see who as the Chiefs host a lot of big profile teams. I had thought that the Bills may finally host the Patriots week 1 at home as they are not in the Super Bowl, but with the Chiefs winning the title I could easily see the Patriots going to KC for the opener. The Texans are also a top contender given the playoff game they just had. I think much depends on where Brady ends up. It has been rumored that Brady may go to the Chargers or Raiders also who could easily become a top attraction for opening night. My guess is right now the Chiefs will face Texans, but it will be quite interesting who the Chiefs face as much of the Bills schedule faces KC.

Yes, I having been staying up all night, wondering which team will have the honor of playing in the opening game.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If Brady goes to the Raiders, it’s 100% them. NFL loves Divisional games in week 1, Brady Mahomes, New Las Vegas team , if not probably the Ravens 

I would think no way the Raiders unless somehow the stadium is not finished. Raiders and Rams I would think both home for opening weekend next year showing off both of those new stadiums

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Do they have to host?

That's how it's been every year but one which was the year after the Ravens beat the 49ers. The Ravens ended up going to Denver to play the Broncos. The only reason why they did that was because the Orioles had a game the same night and apparently share the same parking lot or something with the Ravens and the Orioles refused to move their game so the Ravens were forced to play in Denver

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Yes, I having been staying up all night, wondering which team will have the honor of playing in the opening game.

Why the heck do people like you even post honestly? Some people do care and find this interesting, it plays a role in who the Bills may play which I am hoping is a Bradyless NE week 1. But regardless your literally posting to be negative for zero reason then that when others do have some form of a care.

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Do they have to host?

Yea like @Buffalo03 said if you win the title you get the big night at home to open. Generally it is a major advantage to whoever hosts since they've been doing it. What really stinks is because labor day is so late opening night is going to be much farther back this year with the Bills not playing week 1 until at least Sunday Sept 13th.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It will be their home game vs Houston, the NFL loves a repeat of champions Super Bowl run & Houston is the last team that played them that is on their schedule.  It's almost a lock that the KC @ Buffalo game will be a night game.  

That is going to be amazing if it happens!

I took a look at KC’s home games next year.  Not a lot of good ones.  Really only the Texans and Patriots and if Brady isn’t in NE that would take a lot out of that game.  Looking like it will most likely be Houston.  It would make sense seeing as how the 24 point comeback the Chiefs made against them will probably go down as the memorable moment of their championship run.

18 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It will be their home game vs Houston, the NFL loves a repeat of champions Super Bowl run & Houston is the last team that played them that is on their schedule.  It's almost a lock that the KC @ Buffalo game will be a night game.  

That KC @ BUF game screams primetime. I think Buffalo ends up with 3 primetime games. Two scheduled in April and they get flexed into one during the season.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

That KC @ BUF game screams primetime. I think Buffalo ends up with 3 primetime games. Two scheduled in April and they get flexed into one during the season.

The only reason I think Buffalo gets three primetime games out of the gate is due to all of the West Coast road trips. Putting the Bills against the 49ers Raiders Broncos or Cardinals all are pretty easy MNF games and it keeps Buffalo out of the 4:00 pm window a little more. I think Buffalo gets a SNF at home which will be against SEA or KC or LAR and a TNF game on the road against the Jets.

Edited by corta765