All-time program record 962–346–36 924–326–53[n 1]  
All-time win percentage .729 .729[n 1] [48]
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Holy *****.

Michigan was in a Rose Bowl. 

...Schembechler was a mad man....our HS Coach loved Bo and Bo told stories......first team wore white in practice and got the top notch shower facilities......2nd team wore 1/2 white-1/2 brown to signify you were 1/2 s%&t....shower was a pipe out of the wall, no sprayer, no nothin'....3rd team wore all brown because they WERE s&%t and didn't get showers........

10 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:
Team Michigan Ohio State Ref
National titles (claimed) 11 8 [36][37]
Bowl appearances 48 50[n 1] [42][43]
CFP appearances 0 3  
Postseason bowl record 21–27 24–26[n 1]  
Rose Bowl appearances 20 15  
Rose Bowl wins 8 8  
Big Ten Division titles 1 8 [44]
Big Ten titles 42 38[n 1]  
Consensus All-Americans 83 87 [45][46]
Heisman Trophies 3 7 [47]
All-time program record 962–346–36 924–326–53[n 1]  
All-time win percentage .729 .729[n 1] [48]

Thanks for the history lesson! I wasn’t born back then 

im just kidding with you wolvies

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

This goes hand in hand with my philosophy that there really isn't THAT MANY new plays in football

Everything has been run for 80 years, every wrinkle and disguise has been used

I try and watch LOTS of old school football from the 40-50-60s and the genius on some of there play designs were next to none

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This year locked up trying to win a Super Bowl, his day as a HC is coming

There were a lot of mediocre coaches or coaches with far less proven track records who got jobs instead. Shows there is something wrong with the NFL coaching hiring process (Not sure if it is institutional or that owners are swayed by a lot of things that make no sense.)  

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

There were a lot of mediocre coaches or coaches with far less proven track records who got jobs instead. Shows there is something wrong with the NFL coaching hiring process (Not sure if it is institutional or that owners are swayed by a lot of things that make no sense.)  

I think he would have been a great fit in Cleveland 

46 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This goes hand in hand with my philosophy that there really isn't THAT MANY new plays in football

Everything has been run for 80 years, every wrinkle and disguise has been used

I try and watch LOTS of old school football from the 40-50-60s and the genius on some of there play designs were next to none

The formation was the 'Single Wing'.  I attended a Division 3 university in the 1980s that ran it exclusively.  Nobody could stop it, except Augustana who was the perennial D3 national champion back then.

Hint for YOLO:  my school was in your neck of the woods.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

8 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

The formation was the 'Single Wing'.  I attended a Division 3 university in the 1980s that ran it exclusively.  Nobody could stop it, except Augustana who was the perennial D3 national champion back then.

I know what formation it was I ran a Wing T when I was coaching HS back in the day

It's a great scheme to level the playing field because it can be very effective against teams with better athletes

The T formation pretty much ended the single wing back in the day as the formation but the concepts in these original formations are still amazing

Edited by Buffalo716

8 hours ago, Mark80 said:

...and that guy can't get a HC job...

Nonsense. I suppose it's because he is Black, huh?

He will get a HC job eventually. He's working with a great QB, has a roster full of offensive weapons, and Andy Reid as the HC, one of the greatest offensive coaches ever. I don't think it's outrageous to think he might be benefitting from the situation. There have been many excellent OC's that have sucked as Head Coaches (even White guys!), so for an organization to be wary shouldn't be considered unusual. He was also busy working during the prime time for new coaching hires.

Edited by 32ABBA