TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Absolutely an arguable position. He's fast and jukey, but couldn't dominate on his own team. Seems light to me and I wonder how he'd do against NFL press coverage. Hey if this guy fell to us at 22 I'd do somersaults. I just don't see taking a chance on him being elite with that kind of price tag. I would need to see that elite status in college. Maybe a couple of thousand yard seasons and dominating on his own team would have helped me get there. He is a burner though with both quick separation and breakaway speed. As I told Virgil, if  Beane deems it a risk worth taking I got to go with him.

I am fascinated with this draft and offseason. The disappointment would be Beane slow rolling all of this and wasting Josh's rookie contract and then little hole he carved out to take some swings - there is plenty of space and picks to move around

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Absolutely an arguable position. He's fast and jukey, but couldn't dominate on his own team. Seems light to me and I wonder how he'd do against NFL press coverage. Hey if this guy fell to us at 22 I'd do somersaults. I just don't see taking a chance on him being elite with that kind of price tag. I would need to see that elite status in college. Maybe a couple of thousand yard seasons and dominating on his own team would have helped me get there. He is a burner though with both quick separation and breakaway speed. As I told Virgil, if  Beane deems it a risk worth taking I got to go with him.

I don't follow NCAA closely, and this is the time I start checking names that pop up for a possible Bills pick.  I'd be livid if Bills used their top 2 picks on Ruggs, whose highlight film looks nearly identical to ..... Robert Foster.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't follow NCAA closely, and this is the time I start checking names that pop up for a possible Bills pick.  I'd be livid if Bills used their top 2 picks on Ruggs, whose highlight film looks nearly identical to ..... Robert Foster.  

Nah, Foster never produced in college and wasn't near the route runner or has the ball sense that Ruggs posseses. Foster is raw. Ruggs will produce at this level I just wouldn't trade up for him. But comparing him to Foster is off base.

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Oh he is a LOT better than Foster. He can run routes and track the ball for a start. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I am fascinated with this draft and offseason. The disappointment would be Beane slow rolling all of this and wasting Josh's rookie contract and then little hole he carved out to take some swings - there is plenty of space and picks to move around

That's a thought shared by many in my Bills supporters circle. Our time is now and  at best we have a two-year window to get this done. After that, contracts and changeover will force a retooling period. That said Beane it's too smart to get us into the situation the Rams are in now.

6 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

That's a thought shared by many in my Bills supporters circle. Our time is now and  at best we have a two-year window to get this done. After that, contracts and changeover will force a retooling period. That said Beane it's too smart to get us into the situation the Rams are in now.

The way the contracts are structured we wont feel the crunch like that. This being said this is the year where you can use that space to address holes before we resign our own. Next year is when the contracts are due for extension and we do not have a lot of players under contracts we are in a position to swing big this year with basically zero ramifactions. 

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

The way the contracts are structured we wont feel the crunch like that. This being said this is the year where you can use that space to address holes before we resign our own. Next year is when the contracts are due for extension and we do not have a lot of players under contracts we are in a position to swing big this year with basically zero ramifactions. 

Right and I'm hoping to come out of this year's draft & FA, with a new Edge, RT, a number one receiver, a solid number 2 RB, and a veteran TE. Oh and you can throw a linebacker in there as well! Not asking for much!

• Haha (+1) 1