TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

@Virgil can I make a request (and it’s a big ask)? I think it would be fun if with one of these we have @thebandit27 @GunnerBill @BuffaloHokie13 or someone else that follow the draft closely grade the teams. I don’t want to volunteer them because it’s a lot of work but think that would be a really fun twist. Which teams hit? Which missed? Where was the value? 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

64 picks and no TE’s... I’d say we have a bit of a blind spot:p

Cole Kmet will go in the 1st 2 rounds

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@Virgil can I make a request (and it’s a big ask)? I think it would be fun if with one of these we have @thebandit27 @GunnerBill @BuffaloHokie13 or someone else that follow the draft closely grade the teams. I don’t want to volunteer them because it’s a lot of work but think that would be a really fun twist. Which teams hit? Which missed? Where was the value? 

Not a bad idea. I’ve a had a few other posters make suggestions that I’m going to try to incorporate in the next two.  

This isn’t meant to be a one man show by any means. It’s for the board.  So anything that anyone wants to contribute, please put it out there. 

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I really thought Dallas was going to go there 

15 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Shenault on the Saints ???

I could see him doing well to learn behind Thomas.  

We could do a committee to rate the teams selections? I would be willing to serve on a committee for that, but doing it all would be difficult. 

Also, @Virgil, April is a long way off, but I’d likely be willing to help run it next time. I know one year we had a spreadsheet, that might be helpful and I can help manage that. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like the idea, but given what I saw in this thread, it will become this within 15 minutes:

justsayin.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I like the idea, but given what I saw in this thread, it will become this within 15 minutes:

justsayin.jpg

That’s honestly never happened before and it was a select few reacting without context.  

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

We could do a committee to rate the teams selections? I would be willing to serve on a committee for that, but doing it all would be difficult. 

Also, @Virgil, April is a long way off, but I’d likely be willing to help run it next time. I know one year we had a spreadsheet, that might be helpful and I can help manage that. 

BuffaloHokie made and updated the spreadsheet.  Since this was done so early and sporadically, it didn’t happen.  

I would love to have you help, but I also don’t think more than one person can mod the first post.  That’s the most frustrating part of it.  Also, getting people to type out their selections in the right format.  It’s amazing how complicated that seems to be for people. 

BuffaloHokie helped approve trades last time if I didn’t respond fast enough.  

So far, I’ve received requests for and will probably do:

-Trade summaries at the bottom of main post

-Bills pick made by committee of 3 for no-trade draft, forum poll for final trade draft 

-Draft grades when done 

-More selective process for GM’s (post count, explains reason for why they want a team)

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

you are stupid; I'm sorry but you are. Higgins & Shenault are entirely different tiers. Shenault will be no better than Mackenzie this next season....

I knew Whaley and Sammy would come into play - entirely different scenarios - keep trading down for players who will take longer to develop and who will wash out quicker than elite WR talent, you sir are a moron

I would just hate our draft if we traded up for Ruggs. We already have small speed. This is a deep draft for WRs and Edge. We need both. I guess you believe Ruggs is elite. I don't think he's anywhere worth the price you would pay. 

9 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I would just hate our draft if we traded up for Ruggs. We already have small speed. This is a deep draft for WRs and Edge. We need both. I guess you believe Ruggs is elite. I don't think he's anywhere worth the price you would pay. 

This is what it comes down to.  If Ruggs ends up being a Tyreek Hill, this trade is worth it. 

But isn’t that the case with any trade?  

@Reed83HOF has earned the right and respect to project onto a player.  I know that I will pay more attention to Ruggs after his choice here. 

And for everyone else still flipping out over this pick, I’ll make sure I don’t include this thread in my weekly emails to Beane. 

55 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I was tossing a coin between Cesar Ruiz and Thaddeus Moss at 64. Lockett, Metcalf, and Moss would be silly to gameplan against with Russ at the helm.

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

BuffaloHokie made and updated the spreadsheet.  Since this was done so early and sporadically, it didn’t happen.

I should have one for the next one. And I can give editing permissions to whoever needs them (@whatdrought, you, etc.) as long as I get a valid email address in PM to send the permissions to.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is what it comes down to.  If Ruggs ends up being a Tyreek Hill, this trade is worth it. 

But isn’t that the case with any trade?  

@Reed83HOF has earned the right and respect to project onto a player.  I know that I will pay more attention to Ruggs after his choice here. 

And for everyone else still flipping out over this pick, I’ll make sure I don’t include this thread in my weekly emails to Beane. 

I see the talent and he's actually a decent size, I just don't see the value in trading up for him. If it happens gotta trust Beane on it. Nothing to do with Reed83HOF, great poster, just don't agree. BTW great job on this draft thread. A fun read for a Bill's fan in February!

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Philo said:

@Reed83HOF was supposed to be picking for the Texans, but oddly enough took one of my targets for the Titans. So, uh, I guess pick for the Texans now? 

Sorry dude, my old man had what we think is an ischemic stroke yesterday and I rushed to not hold this up! Thankfully that seemed to clear up on it's on according to the tests. Texans need an ot as well

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to say, @Reed83HOF kind of robbed the last half of the 1st and all of the 2nd from all Bills fan interest

Bold move though

Why no trades?  MAN, they made the thing pop!  Thanks for doing this Virgil.  It was fun to watch.

Well I agree as far as a mock goes, gotta get josh the best weapons he can get! 

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sorry dude, my old man had what we think is an ischemic stroke yesterday and I rushed to not hold this up! Thankfully that seemed to clear up on it's on according to the tests. Texans need an ot as well

No worries, man. Glad to hear your dad is doing better!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Prayers for the best outcome for your dad @Reed83HOF

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Price was a bit much with the 110%, but I also traded up from #22 in the third as well to secure a better position there. Idea was to come back to grab Mims in the 3rd, we don't really need many players in this draft, of course I had to project filling all holes in FA. I was asleep at the wheel and was gonna go for lamb, but the top 3 are too good to pass up for our needs.

I have have Lamb as my 1 and Ruggs a hair ahead of Jeudy. All 3 should be damn good if they go to the correct teams with a QB.

Watch some Ruggs highlights, great separation, great run blocking can stop on a dime and accelerate in an instant, makes contested catches, makes back shoulder catches and is super fast. Need an elite guy with trais like this, we have no elite talent on offense...

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d do it if someone can condense the picks/teams/etc

42 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Price was a bit much with the 110%, but I also traded up from #22 in the third as well to secure a better position there. Idea was to come back to grab Mims in the 3rd, we don't really need many players in this draft, of course I had to project filling all holes in FA. I was asleep at the wheel and was gonna go for lamb, but the top 3 are too good to pass up for our needs.

I have have Lamb as my 1 and Ruggs a hair ahead of Jeudy. All 3 should be damn good if they go to the correct teams with a QB.

Watch some Ruggs highlights, great separation, great run blocking can stop on a dime and accelerate in an instant, makes contested catches, makes back shoulder catches and is super fast. Need an elite guy with trais like this, we have no elite talent on offense...

Absolutely an arguable position. He's fast and jukey, but couldn't dominate on his own team. Seems light to me and I wonder how he'd do against NFL press coverage. Hey if this guy fell to us at 22 I'd do somersaults. I just don't see taking a chance on him being elite with that kind of price tag. I would need to see that elite status in college. Maybe a couple of thousand yard seasons and dominating on his own team would have helped me get there. He is a burner though with both quick separation and breakaway speed. As I told Virgil, if  Beane deems it a risk worth taking I got to go with him.

• Like (+1) 1