TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

With the 60th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft - YOUR Dallas Cowboys..... "How 'bout dem Cowboys!!!??" select Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn. 

The Tennessee Titans and @Philo are now on the clock. 

This pick is BPA. I am stunned Davidson is still on the board. He is the absolute perfect piece for Mike Nolan's defensive scheme too as a natural 5tech. 

33 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

With the 58th pick in RD the Tennessee Titans select OT Lucas Niang - He is strong in the run game and with Conklin leaving in FA, we need to replace our RT.

He is a better fit right now for someone who can start as opposed to the Edge in the draft at this point, we will not be pushing talent up our board based on that need...

@BuffaloHokie13 is on the clock for Seattle

I'm over explaining it LMAO

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 60th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft - YOUR Dallas Cowboys..... "How 'bout dem Cowboys!!!??" select Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn. 

The Tennessee Titans and @Philo are now on the clock. 

This pick is BPA. I am stunned Davidson is still on the board. He is the absolute perfect piece for Mike Nolan's defensive scheme too as a natural 5tech. 

@Reed83HOF was supposed to be picking for the Texans, but oddly enough took one of my targets for the Titans. So, uh, I guess pick for the Texans now? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s having a rough day lol.. Must of lost focus 

Due to 15 pages of bickering on a bills trade done in a 'MOCK' draft .  The debate went on a lil too far.  We thought it was done and it picked back up again.  I think it hurt the mood of the draft a lil...I don't mind talking crap and a few points but to continue on for pages was a lil much.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Reed83HOF was supposed to be picking for the Texans, but oddly enough took one of my targets for the Titans. So, uh, I guess pick for the Texans now? 

Reed’s name was next to the team.  It may have been written down wrong.  

The fault is on me

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

The Texans @Reed83HOF are on the clock 

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Oh, wrote Titans by mistake then.  Reed had the Texans.

Are you good to make the Titans pick?

No, you wrote Texans originally. And Reed made the appropriate argument for the Titans making the selection so it wasn’t a typo. I was going to pick an OT anyway so if he wants to make a pick for the Texans now that works. Unless the Texans want that same OT and I’ll make another pick. 

11 minutes ago, Philo said:

No, you wrote Texans originally. And Reed made the appropriate argument for the Titans making the selection so it wasn’t a typo. I was going to pick an OT anyway so if he wants to make a pick for the Texans now that works. Unless the Texans want that same OT and I’ll make another pick. 

Reed had the Texans and it was their pick.  I may have written the wrong thing in the header, but it was his pick for his team.  I can’t roll the header to verify.  Or, he assumed he had the wrong team. Either way....

So you don’t want to make the pick?

Edited by Virgil

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Reed had the Texans and it was there pick.  I may have written the wrong thing in the header, but it was his pick for his team.  I can’t roll the header to verify. 

So you don’t want to make the pick?

He made the pick specifically for the Titans, which is fine, it’s not a big deal. But you can keep it for the Texans instead so we can move along. 

With the 61st pick the Tennessee Titans select Ben Bartch OT from St. Johns. 

Green Bay @Buffalo Junction is on the clock. 

The GB Packers need a lot of things on offense. RB? WR? PR? Backup QB??????

We’re going for all on them in one prospect

The GB Packers select 

Lynn Bowden Jr (WR, RB, QB, PR) Kentucky

We’re not quite sure if he’s Antwan Randle El, Randall Cobb 2.0,  or a poor mans Deebo Samuel. What we do know is that we need a playmaking X factor receiver that can return kicks and think like a QB. 

@CNYfan (Rams) is on the clock

Edited by Buffalo Junction

@CNYfan and the Rams have traded the Rams have traded the 63rd pick to the Detroit Lions for the 67th and 91st pick in the 2020 NFL draft. 

With the 63rd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select Leki Fotu, DT, Utah

Leki will slot right in as the NT/1tech beside Derrick Browns 3tech and create a dominant middle that will make running impossible and will allow the pocket to be pushed. I wanted an edge here, but I was shocked to see Fotu (considered the best beef at DT in the class) was still on the board and im quite happy solidifying the middle of my DL for the next 10 years and I can use my third round picks for an Edge player.

@BuffaloHokie13 and the Seahawks are up to close this thing out.

Alright, that’s a wrap.  I look forward to see what changes over the next few months. 

We will do draft 2.0 a few weeks before the real draft.  It will also be 2 rounds, but without trades.  

I’ll post more when the time draws near.  

Thank you everyone 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the lions need to hire me to be their GM... my haul for this exercise:

Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn 

Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

Leki Fotu, DT, Utah

3 third rounders

2 fourth rounders

1 fifth

1 sixth 

extra 2020 1st and Second rounders. 

Not bad at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think the lions need to hire me to be their GM... my haul for this exercise:

Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn 

Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

Leki Fotu, DT, Utah

3 third rounders

2 fourth rounders

1 fifth

1 sixth 

extra 2020 1st and Second rounders. 

Not bad at all. 

You damn fool.  If you didn’t take a kicker in the first three rounds, then you haven’t drafted at all 

• Haha (+1) 2

My strategy from the moment I got the Cowboys was two fold:

1. Land one of the top end DB prospects;
2. Try to move back and pick up a second 2nd round pick (even before I knew we were doing two rounds)!

The biggest weakness on the team last season was the secondary and Dallas is a roster with a disappearing middle class as they try and pay and keep their top guys (Smith, Martin and Collins on the OL; Smith at LB; Zeke, Dak and Amari in skill positions). So getting improvements on the back end and more cheap labour capable of starting early had to be the priorities.

When I made the trade back with Baltimore I had two guys I definitely had targetted at #28 and one more that I would have considered a reasonable consolation. The two targets were Xavier McKinney at Safety and Kristian Fulton at Corner. Either of those remaining at #28 and the first round was a win in my eyes. The consolation was Trevon Diggs. And for most of my 11 pick wait after trading back both of my guys sat there on the board. Then suddenly Fulton went and I realised that the drop off from McKinney to Diggs was not one I was happy with. I actually offered Miami a couple of day 3 picks to come up two spots because I was worried about @BuffaloHokie13 sitting there in the spot ahead of me with Seattle who need safety help. The Dolphins were standing pat and making their pick so I just had to wait and hope Seattle went elsewhere. Eventually they traded out for the Colts to come up and take Love and there was McKinney (a guy I was willing to take at #17, sitting available for me at #28).

Then when we decided to do a 2nd round and I knew I had two picks in it I created myself a list of guys I was interested in:

Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn
Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State

I was only going to start moving up if those guys started going. I was able to stand pat and get two of them and, incredibly, another two remain on the board. If we were doing a 3rd round I'd be blowing up phone lines to get into those top few picks.

Enjoyed the experience. Think the test of patience is real. There are times when you have to be willing to let the board come to you.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

I got to say, @Reed83HOF kind of robbed the last half of the 1st and all of the 2nd from all Bills fan interest

Bold move though

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

Alright, that’s a wrap.  I look forward to see what changes over the next few months. 
We will do draft 2.0 a few weeks before the real draft.  It will also be 2 rounds, but without trades.  
I’ll post more when the time draws near.  
Thank you everyone 

Why no trades?  MAN, they made the thing pop!  Thanks for doing this Virgil.  It was fun to watch.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My strategy from the moment I got the Cowboys was two fold:

1. Land one of the top end DB prospects;
2. Try to move back and pick up a second 2nd round pick (even before I knew we were doing two rounds)!

The biggest weakness on the team last season was the secondary and Dallas is a roster with a disappearing middle class as they try and pay and keep their top guys (Smith, Martin and Collins on the OL; Smith at LB; Zeke, Dak and Amari in skill positions). So getting improvements on the back end and more cheap labour capable of starting early had to be the priorities.

When I made the trade back with Baltimore I had two guys I definitely had targetted at #28 and one more that I would have considered a reasonable consolation. The two targets were Xavier McKinney at Safety and Kristian Fulton at Corner. Either of those remaining at #28 and the first round was a win in my eyes. The consolation was Trevon Diggs. And for most of my 11 pick wait after trading back both of my guys sat there on the board. Then suddenly Fulton went and I realised that the drop off from McKinney to Diggs was not one I was happy with. I actually offered Miami a couple of day 3 picks to come up two spots because I was worried about @BuffaloHokie13 sitting there in the spot ahead of me with Seattle who need safety help. The Dolphins were standing pat and making their pick so I just had to wait and hope Seattle went elsewhere. Eventually they traded out for the Colts to come up and take Love and there was McKinney (a guy I was willing to take at #17, sitting available for me at #28).

Then when we decided to do a 2nd round and I knew I had two picks in it I created myself a list of guys I was interested in:

Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn
Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State

I was only going to start moving up if those guys started going. I was able to stand pat and get two of them and, incredibly, another two remain on the board. If we were doing a 3rd round I'd be blowing up phone lines to get into those top few picks.

Enjoyed the experience. Think the test of patience is real. There are times when you have to be willing to let the board come to you.

I got 2 of your guys then lol.

For the Vikings I knew I was going cb.  Not only does Zimmer love dbs but it was a big need.  Fulton was my target as it drew closer.  I thought about Diggs just for the storyline of the Vikings drafting Stefon Diggs' brother.

For the Bears I went with oline help.  Kyle Long retired and even though he has been injured it created a hole.  They have good enough wrs, have invested in Trubisky, and Montgomery so I wanted to help them be successful.