TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a very deep receiver draft. But it comes down to do the Bills have the 2nd or 3rd guy as potential elite compared to a load of people below that they have down as good. There ended up being 3 elite guys in that "deep" 2014 draft - Evans, OBJ and Adams. Two of those were two of the first three guys off the board. Would you risk it for that vs Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews or Marquise Lee?

Adams was a big question mark in that draft and had very few starts. Landry ran a 4.77 40 and also had a ton of question marks. There is a reason they slid to RD2 and there was not a ton of certainty that they developed. I do suspect Adams would not have developed this well without Rodgers at QB.They also took time to develop, we need someone who can suit up and be productive enough to help Josh and as of now outside of the top 3 I am struggling to see others. Reagor is a prospect I like and last year, he could have been a good choice, not so much this year if we want to take a step.

Beane has said he won't sacrifice future drafts, but has no qualms about giving up a 1st and seconds and not picking again until RD3. The more I study this draft, the more likely I see us entertaining a move up for the WR depending on what goes on in FA. 

Landry isn't a #1 IMO either.

Aiyuk and some others will be able to help a lttle bit this year, but I am not expecting much. Even Shenault, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade over Mackenzie he will be in year 1. That is not helping the offense score more points and it is not helping Josh. JOsh will be entering years 4&5 very soon and we will need to make decisions there and there is a chance we could take care of him next offseason - we need to know who he is before that point. I'm not sure the next group of WRs will help enough this year. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree with OL.  I just don't see a WR in FA who is worth it or will even produce to the level that Hooper/Henry will.  I hope we get Hunter/Henry and Conklin (OL).  

TE is cheaper than WR on the UFA market as well...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Adams was a big question mark in that draft and had very few starts. Landry ran a 4.77 40 and also had a ton of question marks. There is a reason they slid to RD2 and there was not a ton of certainty that they developed. I do suspect Adams would not have developed this well without Rodgers at QB.They also took time to develop, we need someone who can suit up and be productive enough to help Josh and as of now outside of the top 3 I am struggling to see others. Reagor is a prospect I like and last year, he could have been a good choice, not so much this year if we want to take a step.

Beane has said he won't sacrifice future drafts, but has no qualms about giving up a 1st and seconds and not picking again until RD3. The more I study this draft, the more likely I see us entertaining a move up for the WR depending on what goes on in FA. 

Landry isn't a #1 IMO either.

Aiyuk and some others will be able to help a lttle bit this year, but I am not expecting much. Even Shenault, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade over Mackenzie he will be in year 1. That is not helping the offense score more points and it is not helping Josh. JOsh will be entering years 4&5 very soon and we will need to make decisions there and there is a chance we could take care of him next offseason - we need to know who he is before that point. I'm not sure the next group of WRs will help enough this year. 

For sure. Adams shows you can win rolling the dice but the other two elite guys were 2 of the top 3. You are much more likely to find elite taking the best talents than trying to wait. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

It would be hard for me to enjoy the draft and run this.  But, I would love to see a real time poll per pick and see who does the best.  Not sure how that would go 

Different teams for the first two.  Depending on how people do will dictate who does the final.  That’s the one we try to see how closest to the pin we can get 

The Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock. 

@BuffaLoko

You have until 11a est with the new day upon us 

I missed it too! maybe next year, I like what I see in the draft tough.

in a side note, Virgil,  your mock draft gets better every year, and it adds to the excitement for the real one coming soon...too bad this year, my available time was not of same size than my will to join,and your kindness to invite me  ? ... kudos!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Miami is feeling good with this offensive haul so far in this draft. We got out QB in Justin Herbert and added 2 elite OTs in the first round. Andrew Thomas (Georgia) and Josh Jones (Houston). Then at the top of the 2nd round Miami drafts a stud RB in JK Dobbins (Ohio St.). Add that with their existing weapons at WR and TE and Miami looks much better on Offense for 2020. 

Go Bills!! squeeze the tuna out of them!?

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is why I dont want to trade up in this draft...now look at us with no 2nd round pick and lots of talent still on the board.

Just stand fast and pick at 22

what position/who do you want in RD2 and will they be better than any player on the roster right now? 

The difference with the WRs for instance in the second/third/4th tiers are fairly small and that is what makes this a "deep" class. 

All we truly need in this class is maybe 4 players max, An elite WR, developmental DB, developmental RB and Developmental WR. The longer developing WR will come in RD3/4 where the "deep" class can properly be utilized. Deep class does not mean a boatload of elite talent in every round - those guys only exist in the top 15ish in any given draft.

We have $90 million in cap space to fill our any holes on this roster. 

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

This is the player I was going to target for the Jets @ 48.  Good selection.

With jefferson we put another big target across cortland.  We really wanted Jalen from TCU to help stretch the field but we can address that in FA.  We have the pieces in place to help build a strong foundation.  With Wirfs in the 1st and now jefferson in the 2nd along drew lock, cortland, noah fant and lindsay I like what we have going on the offensive side of the ball.  Hey we also have another pick coming up so I'm really excited how this team is shaping up.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I realize that nobody has a crystal ball

based on the way played out I would have stayed put and taken Schnault or Higgans in the first..........and taken a RB in the second round

I would have gotten a pass rusher in free agency

I may be in the minority but the more I hear, at least at this point, I don’t want Shenault or Higgins. Shenault is too raw and Higgins has a lower ceiling. Again, that is my opinion but we don’t need “another guy.” We need “a guy.”

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Henry Ruggs is a huge reach at 15 with so much talent at WR still and needing to trade to get there.

He’s 15 on McShay’s big board, 11 on Matt Miller’s big board, 12 on Daniel Jeremiah’s big board, etc...

Not sure how he is “a huge reach at 15?”

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s 15 on McShay’s big board, 11 on Matt Miller’s big board, 12 on Daniel Jeremiah’s big board, etc...

Not sure how he is “a huge reach at 15?”

I have started this week on the receivers and I have Jeudy and Lamb then small gap and Ruggs and then a bigger gap and a jumble behind them. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be in the minority but the more I hear, at least at this point, I don’t want Shenault or Higgins. Shenault is too raw and Higgins has a lower ceiling. Again, that is my opinion but we don’t need “another guy.” We need “a guy.”

I just feel we already have Ruggs skill set in players we already have on the team

What we do not have is SIZE.....catch radius guys that will fight for a ball in the end zone....we keep throwing them catchable balls and they dont go get it

We need that....

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have started this week on the receivers and I have Jeudy and Lamb then small gap and Ruggs and then a bigger gap and a jumble behind them. 

That seems to be the general feeling. It’s unlikely any of them see 15 IMO.

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just feel we already have Ruggs skill set in players we already have on the team

What we do not have is SIZE.....catch radius guys that will fight for a ball in the end zone....we keep throwing them catchable balls and they dont go get it

We need that....

We need guys that keep coordinators up at night. We don’t have a guy that does that but Josh. We need to stop with the antiquated thinking that “because we have speed we now need size” or vice versa.

In the analytics world sports have changed. The Rockets are playing a lineup of guys 6’6” and below. They just killed the best team in basketball. They aren’t worried about “we are too small.” They are forcing teams to adjust to their game. The same thing that the Chiefs do with speed. They dictate what happens.

The Bills don’t need a certain type of guy because they don’t have it. They need guys that are elite playmakers. If they are WR, TE, RB, 4’10”or  7’3”. It really doesn’t matter. We are so set on passing on superior talent because we have guys like them. That’s a MASSIVE mistake IMO. Get the best talent and then put them in a position to maximize that ability.

I’ll get off my soapbox because this isn’t the thread for this. Sorry Virgil!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1