Our 2020 opponents are stacked

Both superbowl participants 

5 2019 playoff teams seattle new England tennessee

Going to be one of the first visitors to vegas

Denver looked improved with the QB change 

Rookie of the year and the cardinals

Next year we have our work cut out for us

It would be crazy if we get to the playoffs

The AFCE all has it tough - we just have to win more games than the rest of our division.  9-7 might win the division next year.

We'll need some bounces. I see a lot of close games, and like this year, we have to figure out how to prevail in the end.  I think it will actually come down to either the Bills or Jets - Pats are gonna be in a rebuild.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Sherman said:

It’ll be all about winning the division. If the Pats don’t have Brady the AFC East is up for grabs. Could be an 8-8 or 9-7 division winner. 

I think that 9-7 is very doable and unless the Jets run hot next year I think that 9-7 could win the division.

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously a lot can happen between now and next season, but I could take a wild a$# guess and see the sports books putting the Bills at over/under 9 wins for next season. We still don't have a lot of respect from the national "experts" and the points noted about the tough 2020 schedule are right on. Putting $$ on the over will be tough if this is the case, unlike the past season where the over under was 6 or 7 in most books. 

It's hard to see the AFCE getting a wild card team, since all the teams in the division play pretty much the same brutal schedule, with a lot of travel and some tough opponents.  I think the Bills should be favored to win the division. The main threat is injuries.  The Bills were very lucky this past year regarding injuries.

Last year the 49ers won four games, and this year they had a 10-point fourth quarter lead in the SB.  My point is, Miami.  I don't think the Jets are a threat as long as Gase is their coach, but I'm seeing Miami in our rear view mirror, closing the gap.  They beat NE in NE in the last regular season game for both team, in a game NE desperately wanted to win.  Miami traded a lot of good players, mostly for draft picks, and figured out over the course of the year how to win again.  Over the next couple of years, they're going to be getting a lot better, quickly.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean the tough games look tough this year but there are still plenty of games I think they should win. Combine that with a few tough ones and they should definitely make it.

i'm on board with this.  i get looking at the schedule and trying to predict difficulty, but it's never cut and dry.

2 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

Our 2020 opponents are stacked

Both superbowl participants 

5 2019 playoff teams seattle new England tennessee

Every year, something like 60% of the previous year's playoff teams repeat

That means 40% don't, for various reasons including injury, loss of talent through retirement or FA, acquired talent through draft/FA that doesn't pan out, and sometimes FO churn.

Every year, pre-season predictions about which teams will be strong contenders the next year are proven wrong, and other teams emerge

If we have a strong off-season in FA and the draft, resign a couple guys, and Josh takes a needed step, we'll be more competitive and keep winning

If we don't, we won't

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

It would be crazy if we get to the playoffs

‘Fortune favours the bold’.  
(That does not mean Gore on two successive running plays to begin a series...)

24 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

12-4 and a first round bye. Take it to the bank right now. 

My ? is a hope that you’re correct.

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

12-4 and a first round bye. Take it to the bank right now. 

I would be absolutely ecstatic with that!

Unfortunately, with Belichick and that defense, NE will still be the odds-on favorite to win the AFCE.