No one else thought McD & the Bills watching the 49ers in the fourth?

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

We are talking when the game was on the line, not when they were guaranteed the next possession. Did you watch the 4th quarter? I guess not ....

I did.  The 49ers got their assess handed to them

30 more weeks gentlemen.  30 more mother*****ing weeks

3 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Mcdermott runs the ball up 10. Being conservative probably would have helped in this game, if the Bills would be having the success running the ball that San Fran had. I mean they get 5 on a first down run with what under six minutes left and then threw the next two plays to take off no time. 

After that 5 yard run I was shocked they passed , giving the time and the fact that it looked like SFs OL was just too much for a weak KC run D. 

You could see the RB disgust , they were upset.  The run game got them this far and they abandon it in the most important series of their lives. ?

Then at least you could say they lost doing what they do best. Their identity on O is the run game , it boggled mind they abandoned it , they're built to run the ball when the D knows its coming. Moment got too big for Shanahan imo. I also had SF Money Line so I was pissed!

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

After that 5 yard run I was shocked they passed , giving the time and the fact that it looked like SFs OL was just too much for a weak KC run D. 

You could see the RB disgust , they were upset.  The run game got them this far and they abandon it in the most important series of their lives. ?

Then at least you could say they lost doing what they do best. Their identity on O is the run game , it boggled mind they abandoned it , they're built to run the ball when the D knows its coming. Moment got too big for Shanahan imo. I also had SF Money Line so I was pissed!

I think that alone explains it. Jimmy had Kittle open for a first down ... a guy made a play and knocked down the pass. Nothing outrageous happened.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:37 AM, Hebert19 said:

I thought Atlanta in super bowl because of obvious connections 

This didn't remind me of the Atlanta game at all.  Atlanta should of went into shut down mode on offense at least, the one series I think they threw 3 incompletions and it took a whopping 28 seconds off the clock when 3 runs & a 1st down would of iced the game.  Jimmy G needed to hit that pass down the middle.  Poor overthrow

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

This didn't remind me of the Atlanta game at all.  Atlanta should of went into shut down mode on offense at least, the one series I think they threw 3 incompletions and it took a whopping 28 seconds off the clock when 3 runs & a 1st down would of iced the game.  Jimmy G needed to hit that pass down the middle.  Poor overthrow

They also ran on 1st and passed 2 times after that which gave the chiefs time to score.  Same MO to me. 

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

To be up 10 points late in the 4th quarter and then not only lose but lose by 11 is really remarkable. 

The power of a potent offense is unstoppable with the new rules. A big running game with great defense can win, it's just super hard.

What defines aggressive in this sense? I mean, I get keeping your foot on the gas and trying to put the nail in the coffin, but who's to say that the Niners didn't try that? After that second interception they went out there and missed on a few throws and punted the ball back to KC after, what, a minute and a half? Is that aggressive? 

Or... should they have stuck with their bread and butter and ran the ball and drained the clock? The best defense against Mahomes is keeping your offense on the field and him on the sideline. So why wouldn't you want to grind it out like that? Of course you're looking to score more points, that's a given. But it really seems like coaches get caught between a rock and a hard place. Decide to "be aggressive" and start slinging it around and if it doesn't work, you're three and out with barely any time taken off the clock and no points. Decide to grind it out, drain the clock and keep the opposing offense off the field, but can't convert on a third and three, maybe a few extra ticks are off the clock, but no points. So they're pretty much screwed either way. Call a bunch of pass plays and whiff on them and the fans are screaming, "They should be running the ball!" Run the ball and get stuffed and fans be screaming, "Why aren't they throwing it?!"

Sometimes, and hear me out, the opposing defense makes plays and shuts an offense down for a series or two. And sure, sometimes your guys just don't execute. 

If Kyle Shanahan orchestrates a clock-killing, ground and pound drive after that second INT and keeps Mahomes on the sidelines and goes down and gets at least another three points and gives them the ball back with 1:42 to go or something, they win the game and people are calling him a genius. If he does the same thing with pass plays but leaves 7:40 on the clock, he's a moron, "They're giving Mahomes too much time!" So which is it? It all works... until it doesn't, and then everyone thinks you suck.