No one else thought McD & the Bills watching the 49ers in the fourth?

They did almost everything right & then turtled up 10....

I could have sworn that was McD calling the plays up 10 & trying to milk it out.

Jimmy G was just good enough to lose....

And bonus....  Jimmy G has Sanders open for the go ahead TD with 1:30 to go & as per JA this year over threw him.....?

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This game felt like the Bills vs Texans game, our offense and defense was unpredictable and aggressive in the first half. In the second half they went with just a 4 man rush and ran the ball right up the middle with cement feet Gore and ran a super conservative offense. 

The 49ers defense stopped the KC offense and forced a punt on the 1st possession. I said this is where the 49ers need to be aggressive on offense and put points on the board but they went into Bills mode. 

The Bills made the playoffs with this style of play but you will never win a championship playing like the 49ers/Bills in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 6

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I could have sworn that was McD calling the plays up 10 & trying to milk it out.

And bonus....  Jimmy G has Sanders open for the go ahead TD with 1:30 to go & as per JA this year over threw him.....?

you're really a bills fan? seems for the most part, you're a bills basher. I know, you're just so unhappy with your so called team you feel the need to express yourself.

welcome to the off season folks, I'm sure old 1972 here will keep you all entertained the next few months.

see you in april...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This game felt like the Bills vs Texans game, our offense and defense was unpredictable and aggressive in the first half. In the second half they went with just a 4 man rush and ran the ball right up the middle with cement feet Gore and ran a super conservative offense. 

The 49ers defense stopped the KC offense and forced a punt on the 1st possession. I said this is where the 49ers need to be aggressive on offense and put points on the board but they went into Bills mode. 

The Bills made the playoffs with this style of play but you will never win a championship playing like the 49ers/Bills in the 2nd half.

Agreed. 3 fn time outs and 2mins left in first half and you just let clock tick down because you cant get into the locker fast enough with a tie. That's a losers mentality. 

• Like (+1) 4

So now Shanahan is supposed to have been uncreative? Like us?

And the Bills offense and the SF offense is supposed to be a good comparison?

Garoppolo has a passer rating of 102 as a seventh-year man and Allen has one of 85.3 in his second year, and this is alike? The Niners have the 4th ranked offense in the league and we have the 24th and it's similar?

Sorry, just don't see it. Not when it was happening and not now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're really a bills fan? seems for the most part, you're a bills basher. I know, you're just so unhappy with your so called team you feel the need to express yourself.

welcome to the off season folks, I'm sure old 1972 here will keep you all entertained the next few months.

see you in april...

Talk about a thin skin.  

Sorry the 49ers seemed very Billsy & other Bills fans agreed when I pointed it out.

10 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Agreed. 3 fn time outs and 2mins left in first half and you just let clock tick down because you cant get into the locker fast enough with a tie. That's a losers mentality. 

Forgot that (& Lynch in the box signalling a TO)....

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Except they didn't get conservative on offense they did the opposite and Jimmy G let them down, 2nd & 4 & two consecutive throws that were incomplete when they pretty much were ripping off over 5 yards per carry, just stupidity....

• Like (+1) 5

niners on first possession had 3rd and 5 so they throw it and it's incomplete so they get a fg.  should have run it and if you dont get the first go for it on 4th.   then they did that again in the 4th only they ended up punting.  3rd and 5 and throw, then punt.   this is after they've been running it well all day

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Except they didn't get conservative on offense they did the opposite and Jimmy G let them down, 2nd & 4 & two consecutive throws that were incomplete when they pretty much were ripping off over 5 yards per carry, just stupidity....

Agreed. At that point you have to limit Mahomes's time. I could have told you if he got the ball back again with any sort of time left he was scoring again so you have to try and run the clock. If you run it on those two downs and don't get it and have to punt and it is about 4 minutes left Mahomes still scores and everyone says you got conservative... but if you get a 1st down (and KC didn't stop the run game all day) you have the chance to take it down to at least around the 2 minute mark and maybe KC has to start using time outs and now you have a shot because Mahomes is playing the clock as well as your defense. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

These threads on McDermott are ridiculous.   Further, the notion that San Fran blew the game only attempts  to lesson what KC did.  

Two excellent teams, great game, KC won because their best player was the games best player.  Period.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

niners on first possession had 3rd and 5 so they throw it and it's incomplete so they get a fg.  should have run it and if you dont get the first go for it on 4th.   then they did that again in the 4th only they ended up punting.  3rd and 5 and throw, then punt.   this is after they've been running it well all day

Basically any time that they got into a conventional drop back passing game Jimmy G looked uncomfortable, was inconsistent with his accuracy and made bad mental decisions. That isn't to say "he stinks, the 9ers need to move on!" Because he is one of the best play action operators around and that stretch zone and play action off the back of it coupled with quick hit, one read plays, is the 49ers base offense. But they are a team built to get out early and play from ahead. The frustration they will have this morning is not sticking to the run when the Cheifs cut the lead to 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

and this...totally agree

After watching the Super Bowl I'm left thinking the Bills could have won it all.  I didn't see a team the Bills couldn't beat, and that gives me some hope.  Now, before you all rise to flame me, let me make one thing clear...

The Bills could have, but wouldn't have and didn't.

In four games against NE, Baltimore and Houston the Bills showed they could run with the big dogs, losing by just 6, 7, 7 and 3.  But at the same time they were indeed 0-4.  Remove the throwaway Jets game and the Bills only lost by more then one score once.  Flip that though, and the Bills never really crushed any of the teams they were supposed to.  And there in lies the problem.  Buffalo has no killer instinct, and would regularly drop into "Oh please dear god just run out the clock and don't lose!" mode.  Originally I thought we could make it past KC had we not choked the Houston game away.  But now?  No.  KC battles back when down.  Had we made it to them, the KC game would likely have played out like the Houston game.  Buffalo jumps ahead, drops into turtle mode and watches KC claw their way to victory.

I think the Bills are more competative then people think.  I think they are on the cusp of top-tier and that gives me hope.  But they obviously need some talented receivers and a coaching philosophy that is willing to go for the throat.  I'm desperately hoping the former will lead to the latter, because this team is closer then expected.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Basically any time that they got into a conventional drop back passing game Jimmy G looked uncomfortable, was inconsistent with his accuracy and made bad mental decisions. That isn't to say "he stinks, the 9ers need to move on!" Because he is one of the best play action operators around and that stretch zone and play action off the back of it coupled with quick hit, one read plays, is the 49ers base offense. But they are a team built to get out early and play from ahead. The frustration they will have this morning is not sticking to the run when the Cheifs cut the lead to 3. 

To add...I think the chiefs went for it twice on 4th?  Made it both times. That’s the edge needed to win.