Mahomes contract predictions

NoSaint

9 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I laugh at the numbers being thrown out there when Prescott is mentioned.

The guy is not good. 

Agreed, Mahomes should make way more than Prescott.

it's all about timing...well, not all but mostly

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Let’s hear them. 

done this year or next?

over/under:

39.5m per year 

5.5 years 

59% guaranteed

he’s going to be a wealthy young man.

He already is a wealthy young man, now it falls into the absurd, it’s going to go straight to plaid...

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Were you saying that on draft day in 2017 when the Bills were about to make their pick or are you the millions of Monday Morning QB's who couldn't stand him at the time and wasn't even close to being worth the 10th overall pick?

Funny how people forget that Andy Reid took a MAJOR chance at the time to make the trade up for him. And if Andy Reid didn't make that trade, a lot of people in NFL circles didn't even like Mahomes as a first rounder.

So, enough already with this crap that the Bills should have taken him. They were NEVER taking Mahomes at 10 and many other NFL teams didn't like him at all. Case closed.

My feelings on draft day that I liked Mahomes a lot (many on BBMB didn't like him) and I argued with a guy like jrober till the cows came home about how good I thought Mahomes was and he told me Air Raid QB's sucked. Point is, I loved Mahomes, but I fully understood why the Bills didn't take him as the Bills had to rebuild the ENTIRE offense. You might not like that reason, but that was the fact of the matter in 2017. While Reid gambled and won as he was able to sit Mahomes for a year and get him groomed for a ready-made offense.

The hindsight is 20/20 crowd is getting sickening.

I don’t see the point in rehashing passing on Mahomes at this point.  It’s been done to death.  We should have drafted him.  We didn’t.  Arguing otherwise is ridiculous, but now everyone needs to move on.

For the record some of us were calling for the Bills to draft Mahomes.  I sure was and I was pissed off when they traded out and let the Chiefs have him.  I wanted the Bills to take him - or failing that, the Browns (who I also root for) to trade up for him.  Watching neither get him was a bad as watching the Browns trade out with the Bills for Sammy Watkins and both passing on Khalil Mack. 

11 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

4 yr $205 mil and $150 mil guaranteed.

I don't think his agent will want him in a longer contract as contracts will continue to rise.

If Goff got 82% of his deal guaranteed, Mahomes is going to get a whole lot more than that.

11 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

5 yr $165M, $105M guaranteed. 

If he does get a contract like this it will handicap the team cap wise and put all the pressure on Mahomes and the GM. 

KC will probably have to build a team like the Colts when Peyton Manning was there. A cover 2 defense with the bulk of the money going to signing two pass rushers with solid safeties and CB’s that bend but don’t break. 

5 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Here's the truth about Mahomes... his scheme makes up for his deficiencies. Reid built that team around athleticism first and playmakers, not precise route-running. Mahomes is not and will never be Brees.

It works because the coach made it work. He saw in Mahomes what he could do and knew that was his guy.

Mahomes on the Bengals would suck, a "bust" if you will.

That's why drafts aren't as important as GMs and coaches with a vision. You can take a 6th round QB and figure him out in NE, or Big Ben and let him ride along a running attack. Montana under Reeves wouldn't have been Montana, etc..

GMs and coaches that have a vision are the real keys for success.

His deficiencies, eh? 

Anyway,  Tyreek Hill and Kelce are pretty good "route runners". 

Anyway, Andy Reid has had his "vision" for 21 years and over 200 wins but he could only "make it work" with Mahomes.  Couldn't do it with McNabb or Vick--both pretty good athletes.  Reid with Alex Smith wasn't going to win any SB even with all the current playmakers on that team.

Watching Mahomes play the past 2 years and concluding that Reid has made up for Mahomes's "deficiencies"?  You have i backwards, I think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 years 200 million with 135 guaranteed. Mahomes sets the market at 40 million which is 5 million more than the 35 million the next highest QB makes (Russell Wilson.) Mahomes has to not only top the market but top it considerably. I also think that while Mahomes could command a little more than 40 if he really wanted to apply the pressure he could get more but I think he doesn't want to over leverage his cap situation and make the team around him worse. 

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I see Cap problems which will be fun to watch.....lol

Assuming they pay him 40 million plus there will be cap issues for sure. But if you have the best QB in the game that is such an advantage over other teams that it is worth taking on those cap issues and figuring the rest out. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His deficiencies, eh? 

Anyway,  Tyreek Hill and Kelce are pretty good "route runners". 

Anyway, Andy Reid has had his "vision" for 21 years and over 200 wins but he could only "make it work" with Mahomes.  Couldn't do it with McNabb or Vick--both pretty good athletes.  Reid with Alex Smith wasn't going to win any SB even with all the current playmakers on that team.

Watching Mahomes play the past 2 years and concluding that Reid has made up for Mahomes's "deficiencies"?  You have i backwards, I think.

Ok let's flip the script. He's on our team with Rick Dennison in 2017 or Daboll in 2018. How do you think that would turn out?

Now let's take Vick, your example, and he goes from 160 yards a game with the Falcons to 250 yards per game with Reid.

He took McNabb to the NFC championship for 3 years in a row. In other words Reid knew how to mold those players to what he wanted with his scheme.

My point somehow was lost in your post. I'm not saying Mahomes would be a scrub on the Rams under McVay, but he would be under Dennison/Daboll (Bills), or the Bengals. There is a bit of luck they can mentally adapt to the NFL but the GMs, schemes, and HC make the player more than the player himself when it comes to QBs.

The coach and the GM have to have a vision for the QB with players and scheme.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Ok let's flip the script. He's on our team with Rick Dennison in 2017 or Daboll in 2018. How do you think that would turn out?

Now let's take Vick, your example, and he goes from 160 yards a game with the Falcons to 250 yards per game with Reid.

He took McNabb to the NFC championship for 3 years in a row. In other words Reid knew how to mold those players to what he wanted with his scheme.

My point somehow was lost in your post. I'm not saying Mahomes would be a scrub on the Rams under McVay, but he would be under Dennison/Daboll (Bills), or the Bengals. There is a bit of luck they can mentally adapt to the NFL but the GMs, schemes, and HC make the player more than the player himself when it comes to QBs.

The coach and the GM have to have a vision for the QB with players and scheme.

Mahomes is a stud.  Athletic and highly intelligent. He was a stud in college, where he played just like he does now---you know, before he met Andy Reid.

He would have been a stud on the Bills team this year.  If your point was to say he would have been a "scrub" with the Bills, well that's absurd.  Is Josh Allen a scrub?  He's good but he ain't Mahomes.

Reid is a great OC, the best out there now.  But Mahomes fell to him and, to his credit, he jumped at him.  But to claim that Mahomes and his game was created by Reid is to create a fantasy.  Reid put Mahomes to very good use with great players around him, let's leave it at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When were Sammy, Woods, Brown, and Beasley on the Bills team

They weren't but if we would have resigned Sammy and Woods, drafted Mahomes and then brought in Brown and Beasley it could have been a fun bunch. Its a possibility that could have existed this year had we made those moves at the time.

If I were him, I would sacrifice the overall dollar amount in exchange for a 100% guaranteed deal over many years.  I have no doubt that KC will pay him whatever he wants, but why shackle your team's cap to such a degree that they can't sign guys that will put you in a position to win?  This is the formula that Brady and the cheaters in Foxboro followed.

He's going to have enough cash to dramatically change his life either way.  He can shoot a few more State Farm commercials to make up the difference.