Mahomes contract predictions

NoSaint

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Too much.  QB contracts are becoming a big bubble that will burst.  It will be too difficult to afford anyone else; you'll have a great QB and nothing else so you'll end up sucking or being mediocre, at best.

as bubbles go... they haven’t wildly shot up as a percentage of cap. It’s been pretty steady in the mid to high teens as a percent. The cap on the other hand has shot up a ton.

40m would be at 20%, roughly, when signed and fade towards 15% 

29 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Let’s hear them. 
done this year or next?

over/under:

39.5m per year 

5.5 years 

59% guaranteed

he’s going to be a wealthy young man.

Kirk Cousins signed a 3 year, $84M contract fully guaranteed.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can do a half-season contract.  It's either 5 seasons or 6?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kirk Cousins signed a 3 year, $84M contract fully guaranteed.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can do a half-season contract.  It's either 5 seasons or 6?

hence an over or under 5.5

Pick which side it lands on is the point of that structure, though I don’t really expect to follow that. It was just some jumping off numbers for short vs long, and exceptional vs unheard of compensation 

14 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I laugh at the numbers being thrown out there when Prescott is mentioned.

The guy is not good. 
Agreed, Mahomes should make way more than Prescott.

You Guyzzzzz (not just you, Beast).  I agree Mahomes is worth more to his team than Prescott.  But....

Prescott was selected for the pro-bowl and named OROY his first season.  Probowl again his 3rd season.  This season, passes for 4902 yds and 30 TDs, only 11 INTs.  He's never had a completion percentage less than 63%, this past year at 65% was his 2nd lowest completion %.  And "the guy is not good"

Elsewhere I read here that Lamar Jackson, pro-bowler and league MVP, QB of the highest-scoring team in the NFL with the best W-L record, "has no future in the league".  Someone claims Ed Oliver says he sucks.  Watson, several time offensive rookie of the month and named a top 100 player in the NFL his rookie year, pro-bowler his 2nd season, playoffs 2 of his first 3 years, is predicted to never win anything under Bill O'Brien (never mind that several years ago no less a person than Lovie Smith said the Chiefs would never win a Superbowl under Andy Reid)

At least next time I hear about how Josh Allen sucks and will never succeed, I can understand how true it is because now I understand how all these guys who are rated by their peers and the league and success on the field are actually "not good".

• Like (+1) 2

LOL.

Only us. The Buffalo Bills and most of the fanbase, choose to pass on, League MVP Lamar Jackson, and Superstar Hall of Famer Patrick Mahomes, for crappy Josh Inaccurate Allen.

Doug Flutie really hated us to put the hex on our butts. Damn.

Dak Prescott. "Not Good." Says the guy who lives in Binghamton.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

His new deal and how he negotiates it will really show what he is about and wants.

literally he’s accomplished everything you need to accomplish at only the age of 24.

NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP Super Bowl champion.

with the statistics he’s already compiled he probably could play out the next half a dozen seasons never win another Super Bowl and by the time he retires have such good stats he’s a first ballot Hall of Famer… Shoot he’s already a Hall of Famer

So technically he doesn’t really have to care about winning at the highest level anymore because he’s accomplished it all.

but if he truly wants to be legendary and have an argument for Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks then he’s going to need more Super Bowl titles and he’s going to need players around him to win those titles which means he’s going to have to be smart with his contract

so we shall see.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

LOL.

Only us. The Buffalo Bills and most of the fanbase, choose to pass on, League MVP Lamar Jackson, and Superstar Hall of Famer Patrick Mahomes, for crappy Josh Inaccurate Allen.

You are super cute.  Bless your little heart.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

LOL.

A bridge too far. Did Flutie put the same hex on the 8 other teams picking before us including the Bears who actually traded UP a spot to ensure they had dibs on Trubisky that draft? Oh, and our ‘crappy’ QB who markedly improved by nearly every objective metric this season just finished his first year as full time starter by leading the Bills to a playoff berth and their first double digit win season (after 6 wins in 2018) since ‘99, but who’s counting? Carry on my good man. :flirt:

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When were Sammy, Woods, Brown, and Beasley on the Bills team

Never. It’s our very real segment of truly lost souls who must create further damage to their hopes & dreams in order to sustain life.

its sad, really. There’s so damn many of them..

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I laugh at the numbers being thrown out there when Prescott is mentioned.

The guy is not good. 

Agreed, Mahomes should make way more than Prescott.

Dak is a good player; especially seeing as he was a 4th round pick, he's outperformed that slot by far.  He's just not top QB money in the league good.