Andy Reid just punched his ticket to Canton

Big Turk

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

The person commenting this sped up the process to Canton was accurate.  He would get in even if he lost as Marv made it in without a SB win, and Reid dwarfs most coaches in the NFL.  Instead of a taking a few to several years, he’ll get in the first or second ballot.  In particular, I don’t believe Reid is done, and will keep coaching so he’ll pass Brown to 6th all time, and might make it to 5th.

if they can keep this team together post Mahomes contract, they are going to be hard to beat.  This is why I think they won’t extend Mahomes until after next season as they will shoot as any team would for a repeat.  Then it gets tougher paying someone in the neighborhood of 40 mil per year, but at least the cap will go up again so will be less of a percentage on the cap.

Bottom line is happy for Reid.  Great win, and you’re coaching even overcame a lackluster game at many times of a rising star QB.  It shocked me although he played great at times, you can say Mahomes had one of his weakest games if you look at all the throws.  Not slamming him as he is special, but if he was on his game, this game would be not even close.

He should easily make it to 5th, Curly Lambeau is in 5th with 226 wins, meaning Reid basically would probably only need to coach another 1.5 years to pass him.  The real question is can he pass Tom Landry for 4th with 250 and will he eventually catch Belichick once Brady retires or moves on with the Pats?  Belichick has about 50 wins on him right now so it's unlikely even if the Pats go back to winning 5 or 6 games a year.  I guess it depends how long each of them coach.  Reid is 6 years younger than Belichick (61 to 67) so theoretically if Belichick retires and Reid keeps coaching for those 6 years and retires at the same age, he could catch him pretty quickly.

8 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Reid was going regardless.

but Patty Mahomes is the real guy who punched Canton Ticket tonight.

League MVP

Super Bowl MVP

Super Bowl Champion

get the tailor sewing the threads now!

Honestly I thought Williams should have gotten MVP in that game.

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Bears traded up for a different QB with a different team. The Bills traded the pick used to take Mahomes to the Chiefs with Tyrod Taylor under center.

I get all that. My point was one concerning personnel judgment and who to take at what pick. The Bears or anyone picking before our orig slot could’ve snagged Mahomes just as easy. 

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

the bears (and whoever else) f-ing up does not absolve the bills of the same. 

But it does help to provide some context does it not? The fact that Mahomes was a diamond in the rough and not a sure bet by any means per the prognostications coming in to that draft, for every FO outside of KC. 

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I get all that. My point was one concerning personnel judgment and who to take at what pick. The Bears or anyone picking before our orig slot could’ve snagged Mahomes just as easy. 

But it does help to provide some context does it not? The fact that Mahomes was a diamond in the rough and not a sure bet by any means per the prognostications coming in to that draft, for every FO outside of KC. 

No QB is a sure bet.

11 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yep.

Aint hindsight somethin'?

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The Bears say hello :thumbsup:

At least the Bears took a QB in the first round.  The Bills needed a QB but they passed on Mahomes to take Nathan Peterman.

Edited by SoTier