Andy Reid just punched his ticket to Canton

Big Turk

7th all time in wins(needs 6 more to pass Paul Brown for 6th), in 21 seasons he has 14 seasons with double digit wins, 18 seasons finishing .500 or better, has take 2 teams to a Super Bowl, and has now gotten the monkey off his back after winning one.

Pretty much no doubt he gets in now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

7th all time in wins(needs 6 more to pass Paul Brown for 6th), in 21 seasons he has 14 seasons with double digit wins, 18 seasons finishing .500 or better, has take 2 teams to a Super Bowl, and has now gotten the monkey off his back after winning one.

And likely to win a few more in fairly short order, if they can keep that team together.  

Well deserved. Andy is a classy guy who has always worked wonders with quarterbacks. Glad to see him and Mahomes get it. 
You posters who think Mahomes would be Mahomes without Andy are really not giving Andy the credit he is due. 
By my calculations that is 4 quarterbacks Andy has made look amazing. 2 of which had arguably their best seasons under Andy, Vick and Smith.  Think about it before you keep saying the Mahomes and Bills stuff. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

He has always been great.  I hate how merciless sports is - it's the same as when we lost 4.  Andy got an inch away from greatness multiple times, but had a shaky reputation because he couldn't close the deal - worse than if he had never gotten that far in the 1st place.

To win a championship, you need a few bounces, too.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No doubt before

He probably would've made it regardless, but this just confirms it.

It also once again should shut people up who try to dismiss Mahomes as just a product of Andy Reid's system & having good players around him.

Andy Reid has had a TON of teams with a huge amount of talent, yet didn't win a Super Bowl. Donovan McNabb, Jeff Garcia, Michael Vick, and Alex Smith never won him a Super Bowl, nor put on the performances or throw up the numbers Mahomes does. Mahomes is just doing what he did in college, only now with playmakers worthy of his skillset & a coach that caters to his talents.

And that's also why I think Reid is a HOFer regardless of the SB win. He knows how to cater his offense to his QB's strengths. His teams will only go as far as the QB's ability though, and lucky for him, Mahomes' abilities are nearly endless.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The person commenting this sped up the process to Canton was accurate.  He would get in even if he lost as Marv made it in without a SB win, and Reid dwarfs most coaches in the NFL.  Instead of a taking a few to several years, he’ll get in the first or second ballot.  In particular, I don’t believe Reid is done, and will keep coaching so he’ll pass Brown to 6th all time, and might make it to 5th.

if they can keep this team together post Mahomes contract, they are going to be hard to beat.  This is why I think they won’t extend Mahomes until after next season as they will shoot as any team would for a repeat.  Then it gets tougher paying someone in the neighborhood of 40 mil per year, but at least the cap will go up again so will be less of a percentage on the cap.

Bottom line is happy for Reid.  Great win, and you’re coaching even overcame a lackluster game at many times of a rising star QB.  It shocked me although he played great at times, you can say Mahomes had one of his weakest games if you look at all the throws.  Not slamming him as he is special, but if he was on his game, this game would be not even close.