Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL at the guy responding claiming Bosa was not held at all.

I think Jerry Hughes is held on every single play. At least it looks like that to me. 

Either way, the refs were consistent. I don't think a single holding call was made all game, and as a fan, I loved it. Nothing sucks more than seeing huge plays negated by stupid holding penalties. 

Half the time you can't celebrate right away because every time something exciting happens there is a flag to ruin it. This SB is exactly how every game should be called IMO. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

28 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yep.  Despite all that happened in the fourth quarter, Jimmy G still had one throw to put himself in 49er lore forever......and over threw him by more than five yards.

He got hit at the same time he threw it.   Looked like it caused it to rainbow...

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The most Josh Allen play of the day was when Jimmy G Josh Allened that bomb to Sanders, who was wide open and set to score an easy TD.

No doubt that over throw was also Josh like, but in terms of accuracy issues for the first three+ quarters and then dialing up the late 4th quarter heroics, Mahomes resembled Allen far more than Jimmy G did for most of the evening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In the post-SB coverage & on the ol' internets, it seems like the one everyone is most upset by is the push off from Kittle, saying it had no impact and isn't usually called.

I don't get it. That was as clear as push offs get - full extension of the elbow, and clearly slowing the defender down to create separation that wouldn't have existed otherwise.  That has to be called at that juncture of the game.

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think Jerry Hughes is held on every single play. At least it looks like that to me. 

Either way, the refs were consistent. I don't think a single holding call was made all game, and as a fan, I loved it. Nothing sucks more than seeing huge plays negated by stupid holding penalties. 

Half the time you can't celebrate right away because every time something exciting happens there is a flag to ruin it. This SB is exactly how every game should be called IMO. 

I actually don't have a problem with OL holding a little.

It's the times they call these penalties that really make it egregious.

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Good post and want to comment quickly on the bolded part.  Watkins is a WR2, it is that simple.  Tyreek Hill is their WR1, which looked to open things up for Watkins to actually make some plays.  Watkins had probably one of his best days as a pro, though it was because of Hill attracting attention.  We do need a WR1 and Sammy ain't it.

Happy I agree with you 100%.  I was just being sarcastic to all those folks who continuously remind us that the Bills screwed up by not drafting Mahomes! 

I hope we're all on the same page now for where the Bills need to be.  The measuring stick is the Chiefs.  Our defense is plenty good enough.

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Wait quick question. 

The Elite Defense and Running game WON Correct?

When it's Mahomes + the weapons he has, you can throw out conventional wisdom, though it can be argued that Shanahan abandoned the run...again...somehow.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Doesn't change my contention that Sammy is not a WR1.  He wouldn't have had the game he did without Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce attracting attention.  Watkins wasn't a WR1 in Buffalo or with the LAR.

This.  The abundance of talent on KC's offense is breathtaking.  The fact that Watkins is their 3rd or even 4th best skill player is insane. 

One thing the playoffs showed us and it was reinforced big time in the Super Bowl is that size, speed & "hands" matter in your receivers.  That this is an area the Bills MUST upgrade is beyond doubt.  The continuous nitpicking of Allen in the face of this reality is wrongheaded IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Happy I agree with you 100%.  I was just being sarcastic to all those folks who continuously remind us that the Bills screwed up by not drafting Mahomes! 

Right on.  It is getting tiresome, kind of like constantly being reminded that we passed on DK Metcalf.  Every draft will have its would of, could of...

Also, as is pointed out to these posters, that Mahomes probably would not be the QB in Buffalo that he is in KC.  Andy Reid has a lot to do with Mahomes' development; people seem to forget that Reid helped develop Brett Favre in GB as well as Steve Young at BYU in the early 1980s.

But Josh Allen has Daboll (yippee) here in Buffalo, and pretty much no one when he was in Wyoming.

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Good post and want to comment quickly on the bolded part.  Watkins is a WR2, it is that simple.  Tyreek Hill is their WR1, which looked to open things up for Watkins to actually make some plays.  Watkins had probably one of his best days as a pro, though it was because of Hill attracting attention.  We do need a WR1 and Sammy ain't it.

are you gonna do this everytime Sammy makes a play ?   

seems a little extra,   The man had an excellent postseason, give him some credit. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

are you gonna do this everytime Sammy makes a play ?   

seems a little extra,   The man had an excellent postseason, give him some credit. 

No, I won't need to.  He isn't going to make a play for awhile, even when the next season starts.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

No, I won't need to.  He isn't going to make a play for awhile, even when the next season starts.

maybe you can kiss Sammy’s ring if you run into him at the airport.   

you’re coming across as a bitter hater.  

maybe Richard Sherman can break it down for you ??‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

maybe you can kiss Sammy’s ring if you run into him at the airport.   

you’re coming across as a bitter hater.  

maybe Richard Sherman can break it down for you ??‍♂️

I'm not a bitter hater.  I just can't stand all the love he is getting for having a few good games.

Maybe Sammy's ring can have engraved: "courtesy of Kelce, Hill, and Mahomes"

Sherman and the secondary blew it, they played way too loose.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sherman and the secondary blew it, they played way too loose.

aka Sammy torched him when it was “Michael Jordan” time.  

face the facts.     He balled out this whole postseason and your definitely bitter about it ??

I think Richard Sherman knows way more than you when it comes to coverage.    

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/2/2020 at 8:45 PM, Zerovoltz said:

First....THANK YOU to everyone here at TBD for allowing me to be a part of this great fan community.  I really apreciate it.  SECOND.  I can't think of everyone here I've ever had a great convo with, but for you guys....like @Hapless Bills Fan , @transplantbillsfan , @YoloinOhio @HappyDays ...and may others....I won't be insufferable....I want you guys to get one.  You deserve it and it's as great as you'd think to get one of these damn trophys after so much dissappointment....and I know you all can relate to that.  I hope Josh Allen, and the Bills keep trending upward...I'd love to see some KC/Bills playoff games...you konw Jim Kelly got us twice in the 90's!  Third...please let's set the record straight...I am not Jeffismagic.  I came here like a jerk 2 years ago to troll you all....and instead I got won over by a great fan base and have become a fan (even if I remain a bit skeptical of Allen)   ....and lastly....  @Yav I really wish you were still living in KC....any chance you'll make it to the SB parade?

Hell no. I'm staying off social media so I don't have to read all my friends in KC posting obnoxious comments. I still can't stand KC and Mahomes was crap in that game, I can't believe he was the MVP. Honestly it's the worst thing that could of happened with KC winning that game, the fans there will now have an even bigger head than when the Royals won the series. Just think if Richard "pat myself on the back" Sherman would have covered Glass Joe err. Sammy Watkins SF would be SB champs.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:46 AM, LabattBlue said:

On the SF drive near the end(the play where JG was called “in the grasp”), he got smacked in the head by a KC lineman, which also would have been called in the regular season. 

That is true...but happened well after being ruled in the grasp so technically play was already dead.